Conceiving Nothing

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Eodnhoj7
Posts: 7230
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Conceiving Nothing

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Fja1 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:42 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:19 pmNothingness is the point of differentiation within being and as a point of differentiation is a gap. Through the progression of being through time, nothingness is before and after being considering the change occurs prior to and after a new being is created.
To me, all you're saying is that being is conceived as an interval, which defines the unsurpassable limits of its freedom. An argument of epistomology, not ontology. I can not be in place x, and place y, at the same time, but the gap beween place x and y exists only epistemologically. Ontologically, if I am in place x, the void is place y. Ontologically, nothingness is supported by being, not the other way around.
One can be superpositioned much in the same manner a point is superpositioned through a line given the same point with which the line begins is the same it ends by.
Walker
Posts: 8980
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Conceiving Nothing

Post by Walker »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:05 pm To conceive nothingness is to conceive a state which is void thus impressionable by any further percieved phenomena. In simpler terms to conceive of Nothingness is to conceive of a state which is open to all of being. Existence alone, in contrast to nothing, bears a truth value because it exists. We conceive of Nothingness by the acceptance of being alone considering any being which is accepted "as is" without thought given there is nothing behind the conceived being.

To conceive Nothingness is to conceive everything as there is nothing behind everything.
Although conception can cease, nothing cannot be conceived because conception requires something.
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 7230
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Conceiving Nothing

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Walker wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:24 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:05 pm To conceive nothingness is to conceive a state which is void thus impressionable by any further percieved phenomena. In simpler terms to conceive of Nothingness is to conceive of a state which is open to all of being. Existence alone, in contrast to nothing, bears a truth value because it exists. We conceive of Nothingness by the acceptance of being alone considering any being which is accepted "as is" without thought given there is nothing behind the conceived being.

To conceive Nothingness is to conceive everything as there is nothing behind everything.
Although conception can cease, nothing cannot be conceived because conception requires something.
Nothing being percieved is the absence of observation. The state of observation remains formless thus is impressionable to all of being.
Fja1
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:17 pm

Re: Conceiving Nothing

Post by Fja1 »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:56 pm
Fja1 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:42 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:19 pmNothingness is the point of differentiation within being and as a point of differentiation is a gap. Through the progression of being through time, nothingness is before and after being considering the change occurs prior to and after a new being is created.
To me, all you're saying is that being is conceived as an interval, which defines the unsurpassable limits of its freedom. An argument of epistomology, not ontology. I can not be in place x, and place y, at the same time, but the gap beween place x and y exists only epistemologically. Ontologically, if I am in place x, the void is place y. Ontologically, nothingness is supported by being, not the other way around.
One can be superpositioned much in the same manner a point is superpositioned through a line given the same point with which the line begins is the same it ends by.
I hear you, but this is epistemology. In ontology, a circle is often thought of as rest, not movement. (As Schopenhauer and the greeks points out.)
Walker
Posts: 8980
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Conceiving Nothing

Post by Walker »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:23 pm
Walker wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:24 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:05 pm To conceive nothingness is to conceive a state which is void thus impressionable by any further percieved phenomena. In simpler terms to conceive of Nothingness is to conceive of a state which is open to all of being. Existence alone, in contrast to nothing, bears a truth value because it exists. We conceive of Nothingness by the acceptance of being alone considering any being which is accepted "as is" without thought given there is nothing behind the conceived being.

To conceive Nothingness is to conceive everything as there is nothing behind everything.
Although conception can cease, nothing cannot be conceived because conception requires something.
Nothing being percieved is the absence of observation. The state of observation remains formless thus is impressionable to all of being.
... absence of observation, and observer.

*

Cognition, conception, perception, observation, comprehension, apprehension, causation … lots of angels on the pin-head.
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 7230
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Conceiving Nothing

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Fja1 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:25 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:56 pm
Fja1 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:42 pm

To me, all you're saying is that being is conceived as an interval, which defines the unsurpassable limits of its freedom. An argument of epistomology, not ontology. I can not be in place x, and place y, at the same time, but the gap beween place x and y exists only epistemologically. Ontologically, if I am in place x, the void is place y. Ontologically, nothingness is supported by being, not the other way around.
One can be superpositioned much in the same manner a point is superpositioned through a line given the same point with which the line begins is the same it ends by.
I hear you, but this is epistemology. In ontology, a circle is often thought of as rest, not movement. (As Schopenhauer and the greeks points out.)
The circle is superpositioned points.
Post Reply