What is philosophy?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Atla
Posts: 3516
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 am

Re: What is philosophy?

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:26 am
Atla wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:47 pm
Age wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:29 pm

Yes I have mentioned this also. But I worded in a way like, I suggest you have the PROOF to back up and support YOUR CLAIMS, BEFORE you ACTUALLY make the CLAIM. That way you will NOT be AS WRONG AS YOU ARE, as OFTEN AS YOU ARE.


What PROOF would you like?

AND, do NOT forget that 'the burden of proof' only exists AFTER proof is asked for.
You clearly can't tell when I'm making a claim.
So, if I was to say to you, Will you prove this CLAIM here of yours?, are you still under the DELUSION that I "clearly can not tell when you are making a claim? Or, are you now going to make the claim that that was NOT a claim that you were making?
Atla wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:47 pm And the burden of proof always exists among non-idiots.
Okay, if you say so.

Prove that the One true Self is always achieving.

These two sentences of yours here appear somewhat CONTRADICTORY. That is; to 'you', 'I' am an IDIOT, and, to 'you', the burden of proof ALWAYS EXISTS among the NON-IDIOTS. So, for 'you' to ask an IDIOT to prove that the One True Self (with capital T, by the way) is always achieving, as though the burden of proof was on 'me' - THE IDIOT, appears CONTRADICTORY.

'you', "atla", are the NON-IDIOT, correct?

If yes, then the burden of proof ALWAYS EXISTS among 'you', (well according to 'your' "logic", and CLAIM here, that is.)
Reading comprehension failure
Atla wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:47 pm But give us a proof we can verify in the outside world, not something like listening to inner voices.
The PROOF that thee One True Self is achieving is VERIFIED through the OBSERVATIONS and the EXPERIENCES of the human body of the 'world'/Universe outside of that body.

But to be ABLE TO AGREE WITH and ACCEPT this PROOF one first has to KNOW what thee One True Self IS, EXACTLY. And, if I am correct, 'you', "atla", do NOT YET KNOW who NOR what this One IS, right?

And, if I am right here, then this is BECAUSE 'you', "atla" BELIEVE WHOLEHEARTEDLY that there is NO One True Self that exists, correct?
incorrect again, unlike you I genuinely have zero certain beliefs
Clarifying question: what is thee One True Self, EXACTLY?
Age
Posts: 7800
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: What is philosophy?

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:08 am
Age wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:26 am
Atla wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:47 pm
You clearly can't tell when I'm making a claim.
So, if I was to say to you, Will you prove this CLAIM here of yours?, are you still under the DELUSION that I "clearly can not tell when you are making a claim? Or, are you now going to make the claim that that was NOT a claim that you were making?
Atla wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:47 pm And the burden of proof always exists among non-idiots.
Okay, if you say so.

Prove that the One true Self is always achieving.

These two sentences of yours here appear somewhat CONTRADICTORY. That is; to 'you', 'I' am an IDIOT, and, to 'you', the burden of proof ALWAYS EXISTS among the NON-IDIOTS. So, for 'you' to ask an IDIOT to prove that the One True Self (with capital T, by the way) is always achieving, as though the burden of proof was on 'me' - THE IDIOT, appears CONTRADICTORY.

'you', "atla", are the NON-IDIOT, correct?

If yes, then the burden of proof ALWAYS EXISTS among 'you', (well according to 'your' "logic", and CLAIM here, that is.)
Reading comprehension failure
Will you PROVE this CLAIM of yours here?

If NOT, then 'you', "atla", are a COMPLETE and UTTER FAILURE.

Also, are you now saying that 'I' am NOT an IDIOT? If not, then what EXACTLY, in your words, have I SUPPOSEDLY FAILED in comprehending?
Atla wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:08 am
Atla wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:47 pm But give us a proof we can verify in the outside world, not something like listening to inner voices.
The PROOF that thee One True Self is achieving is VERIFIED through the OBSERVATIONS and the EXPERIENCES of the human body of the 'world'/Universe outside of that body.

But to be ABLE TO AGREE WITH and ACCEPT this PROOF one first has to KNOW what thee One True Self IS, EXACTLY. And, if I am correct, 'you', "atla", do NOT YET KNOW who NOR what this One IS, right?

And, if I am right here, then this is BECAUSE 'you', "atla" BELIEVE WHOLEHEARTEDLY that there is NO One True Self that exists, correct?
incorrect again, unlike you I genuinely have zero certain beliefs
Okay. So, 'you' do NOT certainly believe in "yourself". Fair enough.
Atla wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:08 am Clarifying question: what is thee One True Self, EXACTLY?
Do you accept that there could be a True Self?
Atla
Posts: 3516
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 am

Re: What is philosophy?

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:31 am
Atla wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:08 am
Age wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:26 am

So, if I was to say to you, Will you prove this CLAIM here of yours?, are you still under the DELUSION that I "clearly can not tell when you are making a claim? Or, are you now going to make the claim that that was NOT a claim that you were making?



Okay, if you say so.

Prove that the One true Self is always achieving.

These two sentences of yours here appear somewhat CONTRADICTORY. That is; to 'you', 'I' am an IDIOT, and, to 'you', the burden of proof ALWAYS EXISTS among the NON-IDIOTS. So, for 'you' to ask an IDIOT to prove that the One True Self (with capital T, by the way) is always achieving, as though the burden of proof was on 'me' - THE IDIOT, appears CONTRADICTORY.

'you', "atla", are the NON-IDIOT, correct?

If yes, then the burden of proof ALWAYS EXISTS among 'you', (well according to 'your' "logic", and CLAIM here, that is.)
Reading comprehension failure
Will you PROVE this CLAIM of yours here?

If NOT, then 'you', "atla", are a COMPLETE and UTTER FAILURE.

Also, are you now saying that 'I' am NOT an IDIOT? If not, then what EXACTLY, in your words, have I SUPPOSEDLY FAILED in comprehending?
Atla wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:08 am


The PROOF that thee One True Self is achieving is VERIFIED through the OBSERVATIONS and the EXPERIENCES of the human body of the 'world'/Universe outside of that body.

But to be ABLE TO AGREE WITH and ACCEPT this PROOF one first has to KNOW what thee One True Self IS, EXACTLY. And, if I am correct, 'you', "atla", do NOT YET KNOW who NOR what this One IS, right?

And, if I am right here, then this is BECAUSE 'you', "atla" BELIEVE WHOLEHEARTEDLY that there is NO One True Self that exists, correct?
incorrect again, unlike you I genuinely have zero certain beliefs
Okay. So, 'you' do NOT certainly believe in "yourself". Fair enough.
Atla wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:08 am Clarifying question: what is thee One True Self, EXACTLY?
Do you accept that there could be a True Self?
Being called a failure by you doesn't me make one.

I think it's a fact that there is a "True Self", and it's the same as the world, all existence, because how else could it be.

Again: your job is to prove that the True Self is always achieving, because we humans sure can't see that this is happening. If you can't prove it, then you're probably just a generic nutjob with a stupid certain belief.

If you think that the "True Self" is less than all existence, for example it doesn't include the bad/evil, then it's your job to prove this as well.
Age
Posts: 7800
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: What is philosophy?

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:46 am
Age wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:31 am
Atla wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:08 am
Reading comprehension failure
Will you PROVE this CLAIM of yours here?

If NOT, then 'you', "atla", are a COMPLETE and UTTER FAILURE.

Also, are you now saying that 'I' am NOT an IDIOT? If not, then what EXACTLY, in your words, have I SUPPOSEDLY FAILED in comprehending?
Atla wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:08 am
incorrect again, unlike you I genuinely have zero certain beliefs
Okay. So, 'you' do NOT certainly believe in "yourself". Fair enough.
Atla wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:08 am Clarifying question: what is thee One True Self, EXACTLY?
Do you accept that there could be a True Self?
Being called a failure by you doesn't me make one.
But 'me' being called an "IDIOT", by 'you', makes 'me' an "IDIOT", correct?
Atla wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:46 am I think it's a fact that there is a "True Self", and it's the same as the world, all existence, because how else could it be.
Okay.
Atla wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:46 am Again: your job is to prove that the True Self is always achieving, because we humans sure can't see that this is happening.
Do you think here that 'you', "atla", have the ability for ALL human beings?
Atla wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:46 am If you can't prove it, then you're probably just a generic nutjob with a stupid certain belief.
LOL
LOL
LOL

How does this 'logically follow'?

To you, are ALL human beings who can NOT prove their claims, so called, "generic nut jobs" with stupid certain beliefs?

Also, do NOT forget ALL of those CLAIMS, which you have made in this forum, which you can NOT prove. I have POINTED OUT some of them, but there are still MANY MORE.

By the way, I can prove 'it'.
Atla wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:46 am If you think that the "True Self" is less than all existence, for example it doesn't include the bad/evil, then it's your job to prove this as well.
Okay.
uwot
Posts: 5399
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:21 am

Re: What is philosophy?

Post by uwot »

A_Seagull wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:46 pmThe actual data - that which can be perceived directly - is little lines on a photographic plate (a spectrum). There is quite a long inferential process to get from there ( and which requires the inclusion of other data) to arrive at 'red-shift'.
Well, 'data' like most words has a variety of meanings which depend on the context. Data as "that which can be perceived directly" is essentially how 17th and 18th century empiricists explained what 20th century philosophers termed 'sense data'. As a scientific definition, it is more or less obsolete since most 'data' these days are Bits. Red shift is not in dispute, even with Age; it therefore qualifies as a datum, as in a piece of information for processing. The key point of the 'long inferential process' is an understanding of how the Doppler effect works on light; something I have demonstrated graphically here: https://popgunsbubblesandmotorbikes.blo ... ter-1.html Age keeps telling us he has some alternative explanation for red shift, but as yet he hasn't managed to express it. As far as I can work out, his strategy is to wait for everyone who disagrees with him to die of old age. This will herald a golden age of human understanding for which our descendants will thank Age.
User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 4790
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: What is philosophy?

Post by Lacewing »

Age to Atla wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:45 pm By the way, you do NOT need to write, "Clarifying question:" every time before you pose a clarifying question, to me.
:lol:

You, Age, do not need to use ALL CAPS on words, or say "in the days when this is written". Atla's use of "Clarifying question" seems completely reasonable considering how much you have harped on the need for it, and complained about the lack of it.

All of which, by the way, are part of your psychosis.
Atla to Age wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:46 am Again: your job is to prove that the True Self is always achieving, because we humans sure can't see that this is happening. If you think that the "True Self" is less than all existence, for example it doesn't include the bad/evil, then it's your job to prove this as well.

/... If you can't prove it, then you're probably just a generic nutjob with a stupid certain belief.
Age's/Ken's claims -- along with his excuses and avoidance/games for why he does not back up or prove those claims -- have continually demonstrated him to be a self-absorbed, delusional liar. It does not matter how he learns to word things differently (based on the critical feedback he receives) -- it still rings hollow and self-serving. Constant claims about what he knows, and other people don't. He is like a bitter child who imagines himself uniquely aligned with divine truth, while others are not. Such is surely the greatest kind of foolishness.
Age
Posts: 7800
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: What is philosophy?

Post by Age »

uwot wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:47 am
A_Seagull wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:46 pmThe actual data - that which can be perceived directly - is little lines on a photographic plate (a spectrum). There is quite a long inferential process to get from there ( and which requires the inclusion of other data) to arrive at 'red-shift'.
Well, 'data' like most words has a variety of meanings which depend on the context. Data as "that which can be perceived directly" is essentially how 17th and 18th century empiricists explained what 20th century philosophers termed 'sense data'. As a scientific definition, it is more or less obsolete since most 'data' these days are Bits. Red shift is not in dispute, even with Age; it therefore qualifies as a datum, as in a piece of information for processing. The key point of the 'long inferential process' is an understanding of how the Doppler effect works on light; something I have demonstrated graphically here: https://popgunsbubblesandmotorbikes.blo ... ter-1.html Age keeps telling us he has some alternative explanation for red shift, but as yet he hasn't managed to express it.
1. I am just in the process of learning how to communicate BETTER.

2. I await CLARIFYING QUESTIONS.

I PROPOSE that I have a BETTER explanation for 'red shift'. And, when a human being REALIZES and ACKNOWLEDGES that 'blue shift' ALSO exists, and is Honest with that data indicates, or is 'evidence' for, then expressing the ALTERNATIVE EXPLANATION can begin.
uwot wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:47 am As far as I can work out, his strategy is to wait for everyone who disagrees with him to die of old age.
I suggest BEFORE that body stops breathing and pumping blood you START learning how to CLARIFY BEFORE you START MAKING ASSUMPTIONS, which would be the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you are doing here. The ASSUMPTIONS, which you are MAKING here, are CLEARLY OBVIOUSLY Wrong, to some of us. So, the way you "work things out" REALLY is NOT working out for you.

Also, and LOL, my ASSUMED strategy is to wait for EVERYONE who disagrees with me is REALLY quite an ABSURD and RIDICULOUS ASSUMPTION, to MAKE, ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING the FACT that there is NO data AT ALL about who ACTUALLY DISAGREES with me. This is BECAUSE I have YET to EXPLAIN how I arrived at the views that I have now.

And, as I continually state: I just WAIT, patiently, for those who are Truly OPEN and Truly CURIOS. I, LITERALLY, am in NO RUSH AT ALL. This is, LITERALLY, because ' I have ALL the 'time' in the 'world' ', as some say.
AlexW wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:22 am This will herald a golden age of human understanding for which our descendants will thank Age.
LOL "age" is NOTHING but a "piece of shit", as some say. So, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in this Universe to thank age for.

What will become ABSOLUTELY CLEAR, soon enough, is just how WRONG, and how OFTEN WRONG, people, in the days when this was written, were in their continual ASSUMPTION MAKING about what was ACTUALLY GOING ON here.
Age
Posts: 7800
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: What is philosophy?

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:06 am
Age to Atla wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:45 pm By the way, you do NOT need to write, "Clarifying question:" every time before you pose a clarifying question, to me.
:lol:

You, Age, do not need to use ALL CAPS on words, or say "in the days when this is written".
I do NOT need to do NOR say these to 'who', EXACTLY?

I did SPECIFY in what I said above.
Lacewing wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:06 am Atla's use of "Clarifying question" seems completely reasonable considering how much you have harped on the need for it, and complained about the lack of it.
LOL
LOL
LOL

REALLY?

I do NOT find it 'reasonable' AT ALL, let alone 'completely reasonable', AT ALL. If you can NOT work out when a sentence is a question, asked for clarity, and so find it 'completely reasonable' to add the "Clarifying question:" beforehand, then this might be WHY so MANY of my CLARIFYING QUESTIONS NEVER get answered.

Would 'you', "lacewing", prefer I wrote, "Clarifying question:" EVERY time I posed a CLARIFYING QUESTION, to you?
Lacewing wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:06 am All of which, by the way, are part of your psychosis.
Is there ANY one in this forum that does NOT think or BELIEVE that I have some form of insanity?
Lacewing wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:06 am
Atla to Age wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:46 am Again: your job is to prove that the True Self is always achieving, because we humans sure can't see that this is happening. If you think that the "True Self" is less than all existence, for example it doesn't include the bad/evil, then it's your job to prove this as well.

/... If you can't prove it, then you're probably just a generic nutjob with a stupid certain belief.
Age's/Ken's claims -- along with his excuses and avoidance/games for why he does not back up or prove those claims -- have continually demonstrated him to be a self-absorbed, delusional liar.
Which SPECIFIC CLAIM do you WANT me to PROVE, and let us SEE if I can, or can NOT, PROVE it. But, OBVIOUSLY, you would have to first think or BELIEVE that 'it' could be PROVED, and then just be CURIOS ENOUGH to SEE if I actually can, or NOT.
Lacewing wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:06 am It does not matter how he learns to word things differently (based on the critical feedback he receives) -- it still rings hollow and self-serving.
If you came to realize and understand who and what God ACTUALLY IS, how the Mind and the brain ACTUALLY WORK, and how to create a Truly peaceful and harmonious 'world' for ABSOLUTELY EVERY one, FOREVER MORE, then how long do you envision it would take you to word things differently to be able to EXPLAIN this to just one human being, let alone ALL of 'you', human beings, uniformly, so that ALL of you could and WOULD change your ways, for the better, for ALL of 'you'?

If thee Truth be KNOWN I have NOT REALLY YET EVEN BEGUN to learn how to word things, so that 'you', adult human beings, can start learning NEW and DIFFERENT ways.

WHY are 'you' is such a RUSH for anyway? What is the rush?

Paradigm shifts do NOT necessarily happen very quickly AT ALL, after all. Well that was BEFORE the NEW and DIFFERENT way is LEARNED and UNDERSTOOD.
Lacewing wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:06 am Constant claims about what he knows, and other people don't. He is like a bitter child who imagines himself uniquely aligned with divine truth, while others are not. Such is surely the greatest kind of foolishness.
OBVIOUSLY here is ANOTHER PRIME EXAMPLE of when MAKING ASSUMPTIONS leads one COMPLETELY and UTTERLY ASTRAY.

By the way, what could be argued here is some of you people, in this forum, spend more time in some threads LOOKING AT and TALKING ABOUT 'me', as though I am NOT HERE, instead of PROVING my CLAIMS WRONG through ACTUALLY CHALLENGING ME or CLARIFYING WHAT I ACTUALLY MEAN.
uwot
Posts: 5399
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:21 am

Re: What is philosophy?

Post by uwot »

Age wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:41 amI PROPOSE that I have a BETTER explanation for 'red shift'. And, when a human being REALIZES and ACKNOWLEDGES that 'blue shift' ALSO exists, and is Honest with that data indicates, or is 'evidence' for, then expressing the ALTERNATIVE EXPLANATION can begin.
This example of precisely that being acknowledged is from over two years ago:
uwot wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:04 pm
Age wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:50 pmNow, is this shift always to the red, or sometimes to the blue?
Off the top of my head, there are roughly 100 galaxies that show blue shift. They are either local, like Andromeda, and are being pulled together by gravity, or they are in the Virgo cluster, all of which is heading our way (if you buy the Doppler explanation)-part of the general turbulence of the universe, as far as we can tell. The other trillion or so all display redshift.
Face it Age, you do not have a better explanation, because you simply don't understand anything about red shift and blue shift.
Age wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:41 amAlso, and LOL, my ASSUMED strategy is to wait for EVERYONE who disagrees with me is REALLY quite an ABSURD and RIDICULOUS ASSUMPTION...
Indeed, it seems you intend to speed the process up by boring us to death.
Age
Posts: 7800
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: What is philosophy?

Post by Age »

uwot wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:42 pm
Age wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:41 amI PROPOSE that I have a BETTER explanation for 'red shift'. And, when a human being REALIZES and ACKNOWLEDGES that 'blue shift' ALSO exists, and is Honest with that data indicates, or is 'evidence' for, then expressing the ALTERNATIVE EXPLANATION can begin.
This example of precisely that being acknowledged is from over two years ago:
uwot wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:04 pm
Age wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:50 pmNow, is this shift always to the red, or sometimes to the blue?
Off the top of my head, there are roughly 100 galaxies that show blue shift. They are either local, like Andromeda, and are being pulled together by gravity, or they are in the Virgo cluster, all of which is heading our way (if you buy the Doppler explanation)-part of the general turbulence of the universe, as far as we can tell. The other trillion or so all display redshift.
Face it Age, you do not have a better explanation, because you simply don't understand anything about red shift and blue shift.
LOL

The BELIEFS just keep coming and coming.

Here is ANOTHER PRIME EXAMPLE of WHY 'you', human beings, took SO LONG to COME AROUND and SEE what thee ACTUAL Truth IS in relation to the earth NOT being in the center of the Universe. If you BELIEVE you ALREADY KNOW what the truth IS, then you are NOT OPEN to ANY thing opposing nor contrary. EXACTLY like what "uwot" is SHOWING and REVEALING here.

"uwot" BELIEVES WHOLEHEARTEDLY without ANY DOUBT AT ALL that I do NOT have a better explanation than 'red shift' means, AGAIN without ANY DOUBT, that the Universe IS EXPANDING, because I simply do NOT understand ABSOLUTELY ANY thing about red shift and blue shift.

Therefore, WHY would I even TRY TO SHOW OTHERWISE, to "uwot"?

By the way, have you FORGOTTEN in that EXACT SAME TIME you have NOT shown ANY ACTUAL 'evidence' that the Universe IS EXPANDING, EITHER?
uwot wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:42 pm
Age wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:41 amAlso, and LOL, my ASSUMED strategy is to wait for EVERYONE who disagrees with me is REALLY quite an ABSURD and RIDICULOUS ASSUMPTION...
Indeed, it seems you intend to speed the process up by boring us to death.
Okay. If you say and BELIEVE so.

Some could also say, 'We are getting very bored and tired waiting for ANY one of 'you', human beings, to provide ANY ACTUAL 'evidence' that the Universe IS EXPANDING, as well.
uwot
Posts: 5399
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:21 am

Re: What is philosophy?

Post by uwot »

Age wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:13 pm"uwot" BELIEVES WHOLEHEARTEDLY without ANY DOUBT AT ALL that I do NOT have a better explanation than 'red shift' means...
And he will continue to believe so until you demonstrates otherwise.
Age wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:13 pmSome could also say, 'We are getting very bored and tired waiting for ANY one of 'you', human beings, to provide ANY ACTUAL 'evidence' that the Universe IS EXPANDING, as well.
Nature really hasn't been kind to you, has it Age? The redshift is the evidence.
User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 4790
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: What is philosophy?

Post by Lacewing »

Age wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:50 pm If you came to realize and understand who and what God ACTUALLY IS, how the Mind and the brain ACTUALLY WORK, and how to create a Truly peaceful and harmonious 'world' for ABSOLUTELY EVERY one, FOREVER MORE, then how long do you envision it would take you to word things differently to be able to EXPLAIN this to just one human being, let alone ALL of 'you', human beings, uniformly, so that ALL of you could and WOULD change your ways, for the better, for ALL of 'you'?
I don't think it needs to be explained. I think everyone already has complete access to all that they need, and all that they are part of. They don't need to have anything in particular told to them.

You seem to have a delusion that you need to explain things to people, and that they are too closed to see/understand, so it is your mission to find the right words to tell them. Get over yourself! Give "god" some credit for existing throughout ALL... and manifesting in ways that make sense for each person, and the whole.

Any religious mindset that claims one person or group has the answers that must be relayed to everyone else is spinning a self-indulgent fantasy, which often becomes extreme and delusional. You communicate in such a way. It's not that hard to have good communication with intelligent spiritual/human beings. But as long as you separate yourself as the "knower", and everyone else is supposed to ask you questions, you have shown yourself to be a self-glorifying fool and fraud.
Atla
Posts: 3516
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 am

Re: What is philosophy?

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:24 am
Atla wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:46 am
Age wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:31 am

Will you PROVE this CLAIM of yours here?

If NOT, then 'you', "atla", are a COMPLETE and UTTER FAILURE.

Also, are you now saying that 'I' am NOT an IDIOT? If not, then what EXACTLY, in your words, have I SUPPOSEDLY FAILED in comprehending?



Okay. So, 'you' do NOT certainly believe in "yourself". Fair enough.



Do you accept that there could be a True Self?
Being called a failure by you doesn't me make one.
But 'me' being called an "IDIOT", by 'you', makes 'me' an "IDIOT", correct?
Atla wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:46 am I think it's a fact that there is a "True Self", and it's the same as the world, all existence, because how else could it be.
Okay.
Atla wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:46 am Again: your job is to prove that the True Self is always achieving, because we humans sure can't see that this is happening.
Do you think here that 'you', "atla", have the ability for ALL human beings?
Atla wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:46 am If you can't prove it, then you're probably just a generic nutjob with a stupid certain belief.
LOL
LOL
LOL

How does this 'logically follow'?

To you, are ALL human beings who can NOT prove their claims, so called, "generic nut jobs" with stupid certain beliefs?

Also, do NOT forget ALL of those CLAIMS, which you have made in this forum, which you can NOT prove. I have POINTED OUT some of them, but there are still MANY MORE.

By the way, I can prove 'it'.
Atla wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:46 am If you think that the "True Self" is less than all existence, for example it doesn't include the bad/evil, then it's your job to prove this as well.
Okay.
Humans have already come up with a million different "God" and "True Self being" beliefs before you, but none of those beliefs were proven true, those people were probably just nutjobs with stupid certain beliefs. (Which you would know if you had any sort of connection to the real world, some vaguest idea about humans and history.)

But here's your chance to show us wrong, prove 'it'. Nothing is ever certain and it is possible that you're right, where millions failed you succeeded, but we have yet to see you provide the proof.
simplicity
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu May 20, 2021 5:23 pm
Location: Location Location

Re: What is philosophy?

Post by simplicity »

Philosophy is what happens when you stop doing and start thinking.
Age
Posts: 7800
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: What is philosophy?

Post by Age »

uwot wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:20 pm
Age wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:13 pm"uwot" BELIEVES WHOLEHEARTEDLY without ANY DOUBT AT ALL that I do NOT have a better explanation than 'red shift' means...
And he will continue to believe so until you demonstrates otherwise.
And I can NOT demonstrate a better explanation to you WHILE you BELIEVE otherwise. As I have ALREADY EXPLAINED and PROVEN True.
uwot wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:20 pm
Age wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:13 pmSome could also say, 'We are getting very bored and tired waiting for ANY one of 'you', human beings, to provide ANY ACTUAL 'evidence' that the Universe IS EXPANDING, as well.
Nature really hasn't been kind to you, has it Age? The redshift is the evidence.
LOL

If, as you PROCLAIM, redshift IS 'evidence' that the Universe is expanding, then you would HAVE TO, if you were Truly Honest, ALSO PROCLAIM blueshift IS 'evidence' that the Universe is contracting.

But you will NOT do this, will you?

And, if you will NOT do this, then this is because you BELIEVE WHOLEHEARTEDLY that the Universe IS EXPANDING, correct?
Post Reply