new york

Philosophy Now meetup groups.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

jetsetjason

new york

Post by jetsetjason »

these people NEED philosophy now magazine, perhaps rachel can go along with a copy of the mag to show em what they missing !

http://philosophy.meetup.com/163/
RachelAnn

Post by RachelAnn »

these people NEED philosophy now magazine, perhaps rachel can go along with a copy of the mag to show em what they missing!
Hi JetJason;
If you were referring to me, I thank you for your consideration. However, I live about 300 miles North of NYC and cannot help.
Perhaps I might offer a suggestion: if price is a concern, the core members of the Meet-Up might consider raising some funds for an online subscription. Also, they can petition the public library to carry it. Each library system has its quota of signatures -- should the group meet that number and request it, the library will subscribe.
jetsetjason

Post by jetsetjason »

ah,thought troy ny in ny

no probs
gingerly

Re:

Post by gingerly »

RachelAnn wrote:
Broadway Theater
these people NEED philosophy now magazine, perhaps rachel can go along with a copy of the mag to show em what they missing!
Hi JetJason;
If you were referring to me, I thank you for your consideration. However, I live about 300 miles North of NYC and cannot help.
Perhaps I might offer a suggestion: if price is a concern, the core members of the Meet-Up might consider raising some funds for an online subscription. Also, they can petition the public library to carry it. Each library system has its quota of signatures -- should the group meet that number and request it, the library will subscribe.
[/size]
Excellent recommendation!
Thank you!
RickLewis

Re: new york

Post by RickLewis »

In fact our Science Columnist, Prof. Massimo Pigliucci, already runs a big Meetup group in New York City for Philosophy Now readers. They are really active:

http://www.meetup.com/philosophynownyc/
RickLewis

Re:

Post by RickLewis »

RachelAnn wrote:
Hi JetJason;
If people are willing to do that, that would be really excellent. It would make a huge difference.
jetsetjason

Post by jetsetjason »

rick,

most libraries allow people to put up a4 flyers, perhaps you could include a page advertising philosophy now and the forum in the magazine and ask people to put it up in their local library ?
jetsetjason

Post by jetsetjason »

advertising works

V V V V V V

look below

LOL
jBrenton

Post by jBrenton »

they aren't honestly missing out on a thing.

Philosophy is so intriguing that walking around on the streets these days in respect to it- would put you up the alley way with a dog- and things like this do not need advertizing.

Some do, like if you have the interest to read about in the TIMES "God is not dead!" it would be like reading about a continuious non relevant cycle of abuse.

Publicizing philosophy is one of the worst things that people could do, and especially in the times when itis thought to be more useful than it is not. Philosophy is a disclipine of extrodinary thought being forced in requirements, and can not be seen from a perspective different or rather one would say opposed to this.
jBrenton

Post by jBrenton »

who says advertizing doesn't work?

i advertize my "DUREX" avatar, and things similar seem to apply. Like if I had some kind of .................

water baloon in the back of my suplex that took in half a gallon of water per each square inch of food taken in you would EXPECT some type of thing there- particularly something like a mcdonalds mc cheeze burger or other?
adalinaabella

Post by adalinaabella »

Great!

I just visited the the link..I think it's a great way to share the exact happening is on the way! :)