PFA Birthday Party (London)

Philosophy Now meetup groups.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

RickLewis

PFA Birthday Party (London)

Post by RickLewis »

The London-based organisation Philosophy For All will be celebrating its 10th anniversary with a boat trip down the Thames later this month.

The group's Secretary, Andrew Dodsworth, says:
PFA 10th Anniversary party: Sunday 18 May

We have now booked the Golden Star for an afternoon cruise on the Thames, from Westminster Pier to the Thames Barrier, and then back to Greenwich Pier. The trip will last 3 hours and a buffet lunch will be provided; there will be a bar where a full variety of drinks can be purchased. If you would like a ticket please send a cheque for £10 (per person) to:

PFA Secretary
73 Southey Rd
London N15 5LJ

Best wishes
Andrew Dodsworth
PFA Secretary
Andrew asked me to point out that pre-booking is essential, and that it would be wise to be at the pier ready to board by 12:30pm at the latest!

This PFA 10th birthday is an important anniversary for me as I met my wife Anja Steinbauer at the first-ever PFA meeting, in May 1998. So we'll definitely be going! (Anja would be going anyway, as she is the PFA's President). Anyway, it should be pleasant to spend part of an afternoon gliding along the Thames with a bunch of like-minded philosophical folk. :)

If you want to know more about PFA, their website is at:

http://pfalondon.org
jetsetjason

Post by jetsetjason »

ooo, will look into this :)
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

Apparently Andrew Dodsworth needs to give numbers to the boat company in a couple of days, so he is asking everyone who wants to go to contact him by Monday! (ie 12th May)
jetsetjason

Post by jetsetjason »

damn, i shoulda took the details home at before the weekend and posted off a cheque, oh well, never mind, i got lots on that weekend anyway, think i better skip it

i should join pfa but i just turn up to the odd debate as not living in london, rather busy with other stuff at the mo though..........
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

Incidentally, whereabouts do you live? We've got a letter by you going into our next issue, and putting "Jason, England" at the end looks a bit vague. I was going to put London instead, but if you aren't in London I would be propagating an error. :shock:
jetsetjason

Post by jetsetjason »

I live in high wycombe, but you can put Buckinghamshire to keep it vague :)