Toronto, the GTA, and southern Ontario; Buffalo? Detroit?

Philosophy Now meetup groups.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Woody

Toronto, the GTA, and southern Ontario; Buffalo? Detroit?

Post by Woody »

Looking for philosophy entusiasts in the area bounded by Niagara Falls to the south, North Bay to the north, Windsor to the west, and Kingston/Ottawa to the east. People in nearby American border towns such as Buffalo and Detroit are also of interest.

Woody
durwoodie@hushmail.com
RickLewis

Re: Toronto, the GTA, and southern Ontario; Buffalo? Detroit?

Post by RickLewis »

Is Rochester, NY near enough? There is a lively philosophy scene there, and lots of interesting people including Philosophy Now US Editors and contributors like Tim Madigan and David White. There are regular meetings of the Bertrand Russell Society, too.
Woody

Post by Woody »

I'd be prepared to travel to Rochester from time to time. It's about four hours away. If you have some links or contact information please let me know.

Woody
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

Hi Woody, sorry for my slow reply. I was going to post a link to a website about philosophy events in Rochester NY, but I see it hasn't been updated for quite a while. I'll check with Tim Madigan about philosophy events there.

Meanwhile, I forgot to mention that there used to be a Philosophy Now readers' meetup group in Toronto. Over time it merged with other groups and became the Toronto Western Philosophy Club:

http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/TorontoPhilosophy/

Their homepage on Yahoo seems to have gone a bit quiet, but there are still occasional posting there so I recommend joining the Yahoo group to find out if they are still holding meetings.