London Philosophy Now Group

Philosophy Now meetup groups.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Psychonaut

Post by Psychonaut »

Wow, you mean there's actually such a thing as beer for £6 a pint? I find that staggering, even for London...
jetsetjason

Post by jetsetjason »

bottles of wine could be the answer ?
mickthinks

Re: London

Post by mickthinks »

Thursday 15 May the London Philosophy Now Group is meeting as usual in The Long Bar in the foyer of the National Theatre* on the South Bank, at 7.30pm.

You are all welcome to join us for a few drinks and an evening of congenial philosophy.

* It's a pleasant 6 min walk across Hungerford Bridge from Embankment station, and 3 mins from Waterloo and Southwark Tubes and from Waterloo East for those on the Charing X mainline. Look for the table with a copy of Philosophy Now magazine on it.
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

Thursday 17 July the London Philosophy Now Group is meeting as usual in The Long Bar in the foyer of the National Theatre* on the South Bank, at 7.30pm.

Alas, Mick can't make it this time, but I'll be there. Do come along for some drinks 'n' thinks.

* It's a pleasant 6 min walk across Hungerford Bridge from Embankment station, and 3 mins from Waterloo and Southwark Tubes and from Waterloo East for those on the Charing X mainline. Look for the table with a copy of Philosophy Now magazine on it.
jetsetjason

Post by jetsetjason »

perhaps you should join these, ask to be an assistant, or propose the meetings as events ?

http://philosophy.meetup.com/178/

http://crosscultural.meetup.com/39/

http://skeptics.meetup.com/173/

the booming groups have lots of assistants doing lots of events
jetsetjason

Post by jetsetjason »

jetsetjason

Post by jetsetjason »

i am moving into london,so will be able to host more philosophy now london meetups, at rfh long bar and probably over tea at the wallace collection, as i like philosophical tea salons :)
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Thursday 21 August the London Philosophy Now Group is meeting as usual in The Long Bar in the foyer of the National Theatre* on the South Bank, at 7.30pm.

You are all welcome to join us for a few drinks and an evening of congenial philosophy.

RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

I enjoyed the July meetup (met up with Richard and had a natter). I would come to this month's meetup too, but I have a wedding to go to instead! Anyway, hope it goes well.
jetsetjason

Post by jetsetjason »

alas, i am going for a curry in brick lane
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Thursday 18 September the London Philosophy Now Group is meeting as usual in The Long Bar in the foyer of the National Theatre* on the South Bank, at 7.30pm.

jetsetjason

Post by jetsetjason »

oooo, i can get to this, hope to see you tonight !, have emailed a few people on the facebook group i created to publicise that philosophy now meetup that died and mentioned the meeting all over the web, i suspect most people can not make it as a little late or they working BUT it lets em now PN exists and holds meetings in london :)

must find a way to publicise these meetings more, i wonder if rick can get the pfa lot to send an email out a few days before PN meetings ?
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Thursday 16 October the London Philosophy Now Group is meeting as usual in The Long Bar in the foyer of the National Theatre* on the South Bank, at 7.30pm.

jetsetjason

Post by jetsetjason »

perhaps anja could get a meetup group organised for this, she could use the mailing list to plug pfalondon and the courses at mary ward ?
jetsetjason

Post by jetsetjason »

Thursday seems the wrong night, a lot of people break up the working week with something on wednesday nights, how about you combine philosophy now meetup with kants cave ?

you could put it up on meetup then,see stuff like this,shows demand

http://philosophy.meetup.com/178/

when you setup the meetup it automatically emails anyone who has an interest in philosophy

pfa plus philosophy now seems a logical thing to do in a london pub

http://pfalondon.org/kant.htm