South Bend Indiana, USA

Philosophy Now meetup groups.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

karl_creech

South Bend Indiana, USA

Post by karl_creech »

I doubt anyone out there is from South Bend, but if there's anybody that lives near here, or chicago, then give me a holler. I would love to meet up and chat thoughts.
bus2bondi

Re: South Bend Indiana, USA

Post by bus2bondi »

hi Karl, i live about 11 hours away from Chicago. I think it would be interesting to meet up with people about ideas that would decrease dependence upon government and solve alot of the problems we are facing. And also ways to better the government we have/alternative forms etc., and maybe even some other international issues. Are you interested in anything like that? It would be interesting to have those who are going into or are allready in healthcare, realestate, business, education, etc.. there to philosophize about new and better possibilities. If your not into that, no big deal, just thought i'd throw it out there anyway:).
karl_creech

Post by karl_creech »

"I think it would be interesting to meet up with people about ideas that would decrease dependence upon government and solve a lot of the problems we are facing."

I like this, as I believe that no one is free until they have absolute responsibility of their life. You are not free if you depend on the government and everyone could use a little freedom around here, a little responsibility...

Are you interested in "developing" this concept into something tangible, something manifest?

Education is a big deal to me also. I don't believe our education system is taken seriously. It is the base of a substantial chunk of knowledge in this country, and that means that if not taken seriously we are weak. We are weak as a nation, and as a people.

What would you have in mind? I really don't know how to go about anything like this, I just like to think and I like to discuss.
bus2bondi

Post by bus2bondi »

It's the area i philosophize the most about, and have been working on certain ideas for a long time, it's all sort of coming together, and the point to me is that it be tangible and manifest.

Maybe you were probably thinking just more casual philosophical chat, and that's great too... throw things up in the air:)

I also think education should be reinvented. Everything should be reinvented :D :lol:

You mentioned how education is the base of a substantial chunk of knowledge in this country, and i'd like to add that it is also a substantial chunck of power. So i agree with you that we should seriously philosophize about education.

I've never set anything up like this specifically before, but have been planning out a few ideas and have been in other types of discussion groups etc. through school and here and there. But now i feel bad, because you probably were thinking something more casual. And here i'm yamming on about something totally specific and purposeful, etc.

I don't like to 'lead' things at all, lol. I will butt out of this :lol: If you set something up, nomatter what it is, i'll try to make it if i can and hope others can too:)
karl_creech

Post by karl_creech »

bus2bondi, don't get the wrong idea, I mean to SERIOUSLY bring my ideas to manifest sooner or later. The world needs change, that's what life is all about, change. So if you want to do something serious, I'm more than game. You just have to be sort of an organizer because beyond just getting together with friends and having a drink, I don't know what to do ;) . I'll tell you what, if you have ideas, I have ideas, lets get together and discuss ideas. I'll bring some friends, and I invite anyone reading this sentence to join. The catch is that I'm a poor undergraduate student of philosophy here in La Porte indiana, so you probably have to come here, but I am all for not being casual.
bus2bondi

Post by bus2bondi »

I guess i can't really travel that far either, lol, unless for something larger, but if anything starts coming together i'll let ya know... But I hope there are some people closer to La Porte that can make it. Cheerios'
karl_creech

Post by karl_creech »

How far would you travel?
Eliza

Post by Eliza »

Anyone from Indiana still around?
Kennethjex

South Bend Indiana USA

Post by Kennethjex »

hi all .,
I bought a kart of craigslist in Mishawaka Indiana ..its paid for ..a friend from Wisconsin was going to get it on his way ..but something came up now he cant ..

any help would be great ..ill surely compensate fairly ..
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: South Bend Indiana USA

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Kennethjex wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:18 pm hi all .,
I bought a kart of craigslist in Mishawaka Indiana ..its paid for ..a friend from Wisconsin was going to get it on his way ..but something came up now he cant ..

Sending me viruses by pm eh? Fucking piece of shit.
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:53 am

Are you sure? I mean, I suspect you are right and that Kennethjex is probably a spambot, but am not 100% certain. If you're fairly sure, then I'll ban him.
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

RickLewis wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:01 pm

Are you sure? I mean, I suspect you are right and that Kennethjex is probably a spambot, but am not 100% certain. If you're fairly sure, then I'll ban him.
OK - I see him now. He's been sending PMs to a whole lot of people. Manually, I think. Subject line in Russian, meaning "Meeting website". Please everybody, delete those PMs and don't follow any link in them. I'll ban Kennethjex now.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

RickLewis wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:07 pm
RickLewis wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:01 pm

OK - I see him now. He's been sending PMs to a whole lot of people. Manually, I think. Subject line in Russian, meaning "Meeting website". Please everybody, delete those PMs and don't follow any link in them. I'll ban Kennethjex now.
Yes, in Russian. Must think I need a Russian mail-order bride lol.