GOD NEVER BECOMES FULLY IGNORANT

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

dattaswami

GOD NEVER BECOMES FULLY IGNORANT

Post by dattaswami »

[Shri G. Lakshman asked about the state of the human incarnation while granting the boons to His deserving devotees. He wanted to know whether God is in the state of self-realization or in the state of ignorance.]

Swami replied: God will never become fully ignorant in spite of any effort. For the sake of entertainment and enjoyment God also needs the reality of the creation. When the reality of creation is felt the ignorance exists. Reality of the world is proportional to the extent of self-imposed ignorance on God. However, this self imposed ignorance cannot be complete because the sun can never become jet black. At the maximum, the Sun may look dim due to the black clouds covering him. Even in that state the Sun remains with original brightness without any change. The dim light of sun is only for the observer. God imposes ignorance on Himself and sees Himself from the other side as the observer. Even in that state He can see Himself as dim but not jet black.

Therefore, God in human incarnation is under partial ignorance only. Regarding the ordinary soul, it is the part and parcel of the black cloud. Whatever may be the extent of knowledge gained by the soul, the soul cannot reach the state of complete knowledge. It can never become completely bright like the radiating sun. The bright radiating Sun represents the absolute God (Nirguna Parabrahman) without any cover (Upadhi). The dim Sun covered by black cloud represents God under the self-imposed ignorance (Saguna Parabrahman).

The bright cloud covering Sun represents the liberated soul. The black cloud represents the ignorant soul. Therefore, the absolutely Parabrahman is with full knowledge like the radiating sun and the ignorant soul is with full ignorance like the black cloud. Both these are the extreme ends of knowledge and ignorance. The absolute God like radiating Sun can enjoy the tragedy because due to the full knowledge-light no trace of misery-darkness can touch Him. The ignorant soul can fully enjoy the comedy like the black cloud with full ignorance-darkness. The human incarnation is the Sun covered by the black cloud. It is the union of God and the soul. Both the extreme ends are achieved to enjoy fully the tragedy and comedy in the world. Thus, the entertainment is continuous and the human incarnation is in continuous happiness, which is called as bliss (Ananda).

The intermediate state of dim Sun and bright cloud are the average state having partial ignorance and partial knowledge. In this state the light present in the dim Sun or in the bright cloud is able to do miracles. The absolute sun light without any darkness cannot do any miracle since the creation does not exist. The absolute dark cloud also cannot do any miracle which is completely under the divine control only. The light is the super power. Therefore, miracles are done not only by the human incarnation (dim sun) but also by a devoted liberated soul (bright cloud). Miracles represent the power of God but not God directly. The power is called as “Dharma Bhuta Jnanam” and the possessor of the power, the God, is called as “Dharmi Bhuta Jnanam” by the Acharyas. The sun is needed for preaching the complete true spiritual knowledge. The sun light is sufficient to perform the miracles and grant the boons to the devotees. When the sun comes down, the sun light exists along with the sun. But when the sun light is pervading all over the world, the sun is not pervading. Therefore, the human incarnation gives divine knowledge and also performs the divine miracles whenever there is a real need. The liberated soul can also give the divine knowledge that was already generated by God and can perform the divine miracles with equal efficiency. But the liberated soul cannot generate the divine knowledge.

Boons Granted by the Human Incarnation

Whenever the human incarnation grants boons, it enters into the divine form of Kalabhairava, who is just a mood of God only. All the deities are only the moods of God only. Kalabhairava is a deity who is very very strict in implementing the cycle of deeds (karma chakra) and in evaluating the deservingness of the devotee while granting the boons. Actually there are two programs for the human incarnation here. One is preaching the divine knowledge and the other is performing miracles whenever there is real need. The minister is moving in the public giving a political speech. He has to carefully observe the possibility of sudden attack by the opposition parties also.

One cannot do both these activities with full concentration. Therefore, he attends to first program with full concentration. A gun man follows the minister catering to the second program. Then only the minister can do full justice to his political speech and free mingling with public. Similarly, the human incarnation (Datta) will be attending to the preaching of divine knowledge. Kalabhairava accompanies Datta like the gun man performing the miracles whenever necessary. This is the truth from the angle of relativity. From the angle of higher absolute reality, God preaches the divine knowledge in the mood of Datta and performs miracles in the mood of Kalabhairava. For a deserving realized soul, the absolute truth is opened. But for an undeserving devotee the relative reality is exposed in which both Datta and Kalabhairava co-exist.

This is a very delicate and dangerous topic. Even the realized souls under pressure press God in human form to perform miracle. Hence, God uses both the planes of absolute and relative reality according to the context. The devotees on this earth are so much talented in expressing the theoretical devotion by singing songs and shedding tears etc. We can give them awards like Padma Sri, Padma Vibhushan etc. They will force the Lord to drink this most powerful wine. The Lord is infinitely kind and yields very easily.

Both these points hasten the process of granting boons to undeserving devotees like air and ghee for the fire. To avoid this, the Lord keeps the gun in the hands of Kalabhairava and concentrates only on the preaching of divine knowledge. Sandipani, a deserving devotee asked for bringing back his long back dead son. The Lord went personally to Yama and brought back to his son. Subhadra asked for bringing back her just dead son. The Lord told that He cannot go against the divine rule. The reason was that the son of Sandipani was a pious sage, where as Abhimanyu was a demon. Kalabhairava is the deity of the divine rule.

Now your question is mainly about Myself. The answer depends on the plane of reality related to the degree of deservingness of the devotee as explained above. The decision to grant the boon is decided by Datta Himself at the very outset through the sharp analysis. This right conclusion is captured and stored by Kalabhairava. Subsequently under the intoxication of wine and weakness of His infinite kindness, Datta likes to grant the boon to the undeserving devotee also.
Now since the right decision and the super power (Gun) are in the hands of Kalabhairava, the implementation does not materialize. The undeserving devotee leaves Datta and the disturbance is removed once for all. This explanation in the relative reality can be expressed in the plane of absolute reality like this. Datta gets the true conclusion in the first stage. In the subsequent second stage Datta yields to the pressure of devotee for sometime. In the final stage, He again realizes the truth and sticks to the first conclusion strictly. If this absolutely reality is explained to undeserving devotees, they will blame Datta as diplomatic. But, the deserving soul being realized, understands the truth and appreciates Datta.

The Incarnation Speaks in Relative Plane for the Majority

It is better to speak always in the relative plane because majority of devotees are ignorant. He reveals the absolute truth to few deserving devotees. If you deserve, you will understand Me for not granting a boon. But, if you are undeserving, you will misunderstand Me for not granting the boon even though I am capable of granting the boon. To avoid the misunderstanding of majority, it is always better to stand in the relative plane while exposing Myself. In the relative plane, I say that I am Datta only and can clarify any doubt in the spiritual knowledge but cannot grant any boon like the Kalabhairava. The undeserving devotee may leave Datta and try to give the same wine to Kalabhairava. Then Kalabhairava says that He can grant any boon provided the first conclusion of Datta can permit it.
The ignorant soul is like a football played by two players, who are Datta and Kalabhairava. You cannot misunderstand any one completely. I speak often an incident that took place in the house of Shri. C. B. K. Murthy. One day I slept in his house for a long time and awoke. I found the deities of eight miracles (Ashta Siddhis) introducing their identity. They requested Me to allow their entry into My body so that their service is very much required in the propagation of divine knowledge. I shouted like this “Please leave Me immediately. You are the obstacles for the propagation of divine knowledge. You will attract the devotees and divert them from the right path so that all My effort in preaching is simply wasted. I had enough experience with you. Moreover I am only generating the knowledge and not propagating it. My devotees will propagate it. Therefore, your service is required by them and they are your right place”.
They disappeared. Therefore, My dear friend! The gunman is with you only. Whenever you are getting the boon, the gunman standing by your side is granting it to you. You can grant the boons to other deserving devotees also since the gunman is with you only. However, if you require My help in drawing the first right conclusion, I can send it. I am sitting in My room with bolted doors and drafting the political speech to be read by you in the public. I do not need the gunman and he is not with Me.
I assuredly tell you that all My closest devotees who are sincerely involved in the propagation of this divine knowledge will be accompanied by the gunmen. When you asked Me for a son, I just gave the judgment that you are deserving devotee. Based on that, the gunman standing by your side has granted the boon by His superpower (Gun). You told the medical hurdles and you were advised for a final operation costing one lakh rupees. I told you that it is not necessary and that you will get the son at once. It happened as I told. I have no superpower to implement the judgment but I have a sharp analysis to give the right judgment in the capacity of Datta.

Similarly, the recent incident of Phani should be mentioned here because you both are the incarnations of Adisesha. He phoned Me telling that he got Dengue fever as concluded by the doctor in-charge of Dengue fever. I told you that the dengue fever cannot attack Adisesha. You [Phani] got tested yourself again and the result was negative. Here the reply from Me is only the judgment. In fact, the Lord transformed your dengue fever on to Him and suffered for one day. During that time, Swami as Datta prayed the gunman (Kalabhairava) to cure it. Datta gave the judgment for the protection of Phani and was prepared to suffer for the sake of Phani. Then Kalabhairava transformed the fever to Datta with His superpower. When the fever ended after due suffering, the credit is again given to Kalabhairava for curing it. However, the credit should be given to Kalabhairava for the superpower used in the transformation. Suppose Phani is undeserving but Swami wants to suffer for his sake due to His infinite kindness, then Kalabhairava will not transform the fever. All this is in the relative plane. In the absolute plane Swami as Datta gave the judgment and Swami as Kalabhairava transformed fever on to Him. In the case of undeserving devotee, Swami rejects the devotee first but yields to him in the second stage. The same Swami will again reject in the third stage by overcoming His own weakness. The human being may or may not overcome weakness. Therefore, pray Kalabhairava also as another form of the Lord Datta (Now Swami sang the following devotional song on Kalabhairava).

Spontaneous Divine Bhajan on Kalabhairava

Bhairavaaya tee - Kaala - Bhairavaaya te
Pradakshinani me - Deva – Muudha Bhaktasya (Chorus)
(I, an ignorant devotee submit My Pradakshinams to the Lord Kaala Bhairava.)

Kaashikaapurii - Kshetra - Loka Paalanam
Pingalekshana – Sphurana – Maatrameva te
Bhuvana Bhaandaka – Pralaya – Bhasma Kaarako
Garjanoddhata – dhvani – Kanastava Prabho!
(You are the ruler of the Kashi city and the administration of the city is done simply by a tiny twinkling of your red colored eyes. Oh! Lord! a tiny vibration of sound produced from your violent roar is sufficient to smash all these world-pots into ash.)

Ashta siddhayo – pyashta – bhuutibhi ssaha
Bhuutanaatha! - te – Karuna Lesha sambhavaah
Saarameya vat – Tvayi – samarpitaarthinaam
Bodhayatyaho – shunaka – Vaahanam tava.
(Oh! Lord of Ghosts! Your vehicle is the dog, which indicates that if one becomes your slave with full faith like the dog, a trace of your kindness falls on him granting the eight super powers and the eight forms of wealth.)

Aruna Vaasasam – Bhaikshya – Bhastrikaa Bhujam
Saagni Paatrakam – Pruthula – Maarjanii dharam
Shmashru Bhiikaram – Kaala – Danda manditam
Kaalikaapatim – Kaala – Kaala maashraye.
(You are wearing red clothes. A cloth bag meant for begging the food is around your shoulder. You are having the fire vessel and a large broom stick in your hands. Your mustache is frightening very much. You are holding the ruling rod (Kaala danda) by your hand. You are the husband of the mother Kaali. You are the death for even the death. I am surrendering to you completely).

The dengue fever along with the red spots disappeared from the body of Swami on praying Kaala Bhairava. Swami told: Even Shankara who is the incarnation of Lord Shiva prayed Kaala Bhairava and other deities for the sake of the devotees. The Lord acts in the role of a devotee also as in the case of Hanuman so that the devotees learn the method of worshipping the God. Shankara was both generator and propagator of divine knowledge. He faced several problems of black magic in His life from the opponents. Kaala Bhairava walked along with Shankara like the gun man protecting Him from all the dangers of the black magic.
Toppsy Kretts

Re: GOD NEVER BECOMES FULLY IGNORANT

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

God is never ignorant
rootseeker

Post by rootseeker »

In understanding the perspective of another person, one temporarily ignores one's own perspective to some extent. That is another way of putting what the Swami in the OP is referring to.

If God is both omniscient (all-knowing) and omnipotent (all-powerful) then God has maximum information and maximum abilities. It could be paradoxical under that idea to use the power of ignorance to reduce information by reasoning that if information is no longer available then it is not known any longer. However, if the information disappears to nothing in a way that can be recovered upon using a power of information restoration, then it would not be paradoxical. Or, if the past is an illusion, then removal of information could cause the information to have never existed in the past by a process of changing the past such that the information was never created. So, the issue may not be resolvable from human reasoning.

The ability of empathy might necessitate an ability to focus on another person's perspective. Shifting from the perspective of self to the perspective of other could be considered ignorance without being fully ignorant. If God is in a higher plane of existence then it could be impossible to actually understand from this plane of existence. The concept of a perspective could be fundamentally different on a higher plane of existence, or put more scientifically, perspective in a root universe could be different than perspective in a branch universe.

The way in which experience is a personal individual experience contrasts with the concept of a collective having an experience of multiple people simultaneously. In game terms, suppose one person attempts to play two MMORPG (massive multi-player role-playing games) games at once. They have a spit perspective, and their experience in both games is different than if they are playing both games at different times.
Constantine

Post by Constantine »

Oh this thread's title has the potential to unleash an atheistic Troll Storm of unparalleled proportions.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Constantine wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:52 pm Oh this thread's title has the potential to unleash an atheistic Troll Storm of unparalleled proportions.
The title is more likely to unleash a storm of Abrahamic theistic criticism. But there aren't enough Abrahamists to make storm. And Toppsy just posted a gentle correction, :D , from his perspective.
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:26 am
Constantine wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:52 pm Oh this thread's title has the potential to unleash an atheistic Troll Storm of unparalleled proportions.
The title is more likely to unleash a storm of Abrahamic theistic criticism. But there aren't enough Abrahamists to make storm. And Toppsy just posted a gentle correction, :D , from his perspective.
I do believe that more atheists would disagree just out of pure spite for others not acknowledging a retarded god. As if accepting a God is more Absurd than disbelieving in one :D , even all the most sufficient minds in the world acknowledged the existence of a supreme being. these are merely children upon the sand.

do you believe my correction so to speak was incorrect?
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:58 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:26 am
I do believe that more atheists would disagree just out of pure spite for others not acknowledging a retarded god. As if accepting a God is more Absurd than disbelieving in one :D , even all the most sufficient minds in the world acknowledged the existence of a supreme being. these are merely children upon the sand.

do you believe my correction so to speak was incorrect?
You and the guru have very different conceptions of God. There are many types of Hinduism, but many, like his, have the idea that we are parts of God that have forgotten we are God, or partially forgotten. The process of meditation and reincarnation-learning leads us back to remembering that we are really Brahma or Shiva, etc. This is all part of God's vast game with himself. So, in a way you will be talking past each other. Brahma isn't imperfect, but parts of Brahma forget they are Brahma and so are ignorant, though also not really. In his view. Christianity, which I am guessing you are coming from does not view us and everything as part of God in the way many parts of Hinduism do.
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:17 am This is all part of God's vast game with himself. So, in a way you will be talking past each other. Brahma isn't imperfect, but parts of Brahma forget they are Brahma and so are ignorant, though also not really. In his view. Christianity, which I am guessing you are coming from does not view us and everything as part of God in the way many parts of Hinduism do.
Your are correct sir, I do not believe in the aspects of Hinduism, Brahma or others which you speak of nor do I gather myself in a sense of i am god or some long lost distant strand of him clouded by a peasant life through time and hardships. I believe in the Bible, the "Abrahamic" God, the one true God, the one who made the ultimate sacrifice of death to prove how forgiving ad loving he was to a dust formed creation.

I believe in a God who promised me eternity in peace if I chose to follow in his path and be a good person. That my fair Plato is the God oi believe in.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

LOL!! That because it's such a shit for brain topic!!

Post by Age »

rootseeker wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:46 pm In understanding the perspective of another person, one temporarily ignores one's own perspective to some extent. That is another way of putting what the Swami in the OP is referring to.

If God is both omniscient (all-knowing) and omnipotent (all-powerful) then God has maximum information and maximum abilities.
WHY did you start this sentence here with the word 'if'?
rootseeker wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:46 pm It could be paradoxical under that idea to use the power of ignorance to reduce information by reasoning that if information is no longer available then it is not known any longer. However, if the information disappears to nothing in a way that can be recovered upon using a power of information restoration, then it would not be paradoxical. Or, if the past is an illusion, then removal of information could cause the information to have never existed in the past by a process of changing the past such that the information was never created. So, the issue may not be resolvable from human reasoning.

The ability of empathy might necessitate an ability to focus on another person's perspective. Shifting from the perspective of self to the perspective of other could be considered ignorance without being fully ignorant. If God is in a higher plane of existence then it could be impossible to actually understand from this plane of existence. The concept of a perspective could be fundamentally different on a higher plane of existence, or put more scientifically, perspective in a root universe could be different than perspective in a branch universe.

The way in which experience is a personal individual experience contrasts with the concept of a collective having an experience of multiple people simultaneously. In game terms, suppose one person attempts to play two MMORPG (massive multi-player role-playing games) games at once. They have a spit perspective, and their experience in both games is different than if they are playing both games at different times.
rootseeker

Post by rootseeker »

Age wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:21 pm
rootseeker wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:46 pm In understanding the perspective of another person, one temporarily ignores one's own perspective to some extent. That is another way of putting what the Swami in the OP is referring to.

If God is both omniscient (all-knowing) and omnipotent (all-powerful) then God has maximum information and maximum abilities.
I did that to write the sentence as a logical argument. If I said "God is omniscient and omnipotent, therefore God has maximum information and maximum abilities.", that would be a faith-based argument. In my writing I generally write in the broadest terms that can arrive at a given conclusion.

Post by Age »

rootseeker wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:46 am

I did that to write the sentence as a logical argument. If I said "God is omniscient and omnipotent, therefore God has maximum information and maximum abilities.", that would be a faith-based argument.
But NOT 'if' 'it' IS True.

Which 'it' IS.

Therefore, the 'if' word WAS UNNECESSARY in 'your sentence'. Although, and OBVIOUSLY, FROM 'your perspective' 'you' ARE STILL UNAWARE OF what IS ACTUALLY True AND Right here, correct?
rootseeker wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:46 am In my writing I generally write in the broadest terms that can arrive at a given conclusion.
Which IS GREAT.

BUT, ONCE one ALREADY KNOWS the ACTUAL IRREFUTABLE Truth, then 'they' CAN, obviously, NARROW 'things' down, somewhat.

But writing FROM the ABSOLUTE Truth, FROM 'one's OWN perspective anyway', which does NOT DISAGREE WITH ANY one "else's" perspective, like 'you' did there, is GREAT TO SEE, as 'it' VERY RARELY HAPPENS and OCCURS here, in this forum. I was just ASKING A CLARIFYING QUESTION in regards to what 'you' SAID, and WROTE. Which you ALSO ANSWERED VERY Honestly, and which I THANK you FOR AS WELL.
rootseeker

Post by rootseeker »

Age wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:23 am
rootseeker wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:46 am

I did that to write the sentence as a logical argument. If I said "God is omniscient and omnipotent, therefore God has maximum information and maximum abilities.", that would be a faith-based argument.

Which 'it' IS.

Therefore, the 'if' word WAS UNNECESSARY in 'your sentence'. Although, and OBVIOUSLY, FROM 'your perspective' 'you' ARE STILL UNAWARE OF what IS ACTUALLY True AND Right here, correct?
rootseeker wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:46 am In my writing I generally write in the broadest terms that can arrive at a given conclusion.
Which IS GREAT.

BUT, ONCE one ALREADY KNOWS the ACTUAL IRREFUTABLE Truth, then 'they' CAN, obviously, NARROW 'things' down, somewhat.

But writing FROM the ABSOLUTE Truth, FROM 'one's OWN perspective anyway', which does NOT DISAGREE WITH ANY one "else's" perspective, like 'you' did there, is GREAT TO SEE, as 'it' VERY RARELY HAPPENS and OCCURS here, in this forum. I was just ASKING A CLARIFYING QUESTION in regards to what 'you' SAID, and WROTE. Which you ALSO ANSWERED VERY Honestly, and which I THANK you FOR AS WELL.
I believe God is omniscient (all-knowing) and omnipotent (all-powerful) in the universe in which we reside. However, I do not claim any knowledge of whether or not there are truly (and completely in every way) disconnected universes to which even God does not interact with. But I also don't suppose to seek any knowledge regarding an entirely disconnected entity anyways, so do not care to believe one way or another regarding such theoretical universes.

Post by Age »

rootseeker wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:16 am
Age wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:23 am
rootseeker wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:46 am I did that to write the sentence as a logical argument. If I said "God is omniscient and omnipotent, therefore God has maximum information and maximum abilities.", that would be a faith-based argument.

Which 'it' IS.

Which IS GREAT.

I believe God is omniscient (all-knowing) and omnipotent (all-powerful) in the universe in which we reside.
Okay. But WHAT 'Thing/s', EXACTLY, could be 'omniscient' AND 'omnipotent'?

Which, by the way, the ACTUAL and IRREFUTABLE ANSWER TO IS ALREADY KNOWN. But we are JUST WAITING TO SEE IF 'you' KNOW, AS WELL.

Also, how MANY 'Universes' do you think or IMAGINE there IS, EXACTLY?
rootseeker wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:46 am However, I do not claim any knowledge of whether or not there are truly (and completely in every way) disconnected universes to which even God does not interact with.
So, if you do NOT have ANY knowledge about such 'things', then WHY even bring 'them' up and talk about 'them'?
rootseeker wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:46 am But I also don't suppose to seek any knowledge regarding an entirely disconnected entity anyways, so do not care to believe one way or another regarding such theoretical universes.
Do you REALIZE that you were the ONLY one who INTRODUCED and BROUGHT UP DIFFERENT 'universes?'

Either way, what even FOR, EXACTLY?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

"GOD NEVER BECOMES FULLY IGNORANT"

The world is a shit hole, is God now trying to plead ignorance? OK. Whatever God. Are you going to plead impotence as well, instead of fixing this disaster you made? Oh wait, maybe you didn't make the world either! Problem solved, there is/was no "first cause" the world evolved from rocks and nothing into something.

You heard it here folks. God is trying to weasel out of responsibility. Maybe he'll conjure up a great flood to further hide his tracks? You know, kill all the witnesses. God and Al Capone seem a lot alike if that is the case.