Hello!!! Everyone!!!

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Ethan

Hello!!! Everyone!!!

Post by Ethan »

Hello! I am 22 and come from Taiwan! I study Chemical Engineering in National Taiwan University, but I love physics and philosophy very much. In my childhood, my mother always taught me what she considered to be "absolutely good" but those ideas always don't make me feel good. So, I start to find what "absolutely good" is but I always don't know how to find it until I read the introduction to Immaneul Kant's metaphysics of morality!! Since then, I fall in love with philosophy. It makes me feel free and start to think more questions.

In sum, I hope I can learn more of what morality really is and how to apply them to real life.

(I'm not good at communicating with English..so....sorry!!)
The Voice of Time

Re: Hello!!! Everyone!!!

Post by The Voice of Time »

First rule is that there are no rules. That's my Theory of Ethics. All rules are broken given the right means.

By the way, good to meet you :)
ForgedinHell

Post by ForgedinHell »

Ethan wrote:Hello! I am 22 and come from Taiwan! I study Chemical Engineering in National Taiwan University, but I love physics and philosophy very much. In my childhood, my mother always taught me what she considered to be "absolutely good" but those ideas always don't make me feel good. So, I start to find what "absolutely good" is but I always don't know how to find it until I read the introduction to Immaneul Kant's metaphysics of morality!! Since then, I fall in love with philosophy. It makes me feel free and start to think more questions.

In sum, I hope I can learn more of what morality really is and how to apply them to real life.

(I'm not good at communicating with English..so....sorry!!)
Trust your feelings.
hossein

Post by hossein »

hello Ethan and welcome to the forum
hope to have great discussions
nice news also for philosophy's antichrist: an engineer who is interested in philosophy
stevesmith85

Post by stevesmith85 »

Hi this is Steve and i am newly joined this wonderful forum..I am very happy to be here.i hope this will be very informative to all and also its too share a knowledge about technologies...
The Voice of Time

Post by The Voice of Time »

^^ Well, welcome aboard the ship Steve ;)