Wassup Everyone

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
User avatar
LuvPimpinYou
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:55 pm

Wassup Everyone

Post by LuvPimpinYou »

My name is John and I am here....mwuhahahahah look out... :twisted:

Anyway, I look to be participating here a lot. I will be undertaking a huge project that will require loads of research and input and I feel this community could be a huge asset.

:mrgreen:
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Wassup Everyone

Post by chaz wyman »

LuvPimpinYou wrote:My name is John and I am here....mwuhahahahah look out... :twisted:

Anyway, I look to be participating here a lot. I will be undertaking a huge project that will require loads of research and input and I feel this community could be a huge asset.

:mrgreen:
So what is your 'project"?
User avatar
The Voice of Time
Posts: 2234
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:18 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Wassup Everyone

Post by The Voice of Time »

You won't survive :twisted:

Philosophy is for people with minds hot enough to melt steel, big projects end with people's heads hanging looking into the ditch comforting their destroyed dreams of wonder on a bag of chocolate. It's a tough life ^^
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Wassup Everyone

Post by chaz wyman »

The Voice of Time wrote:You won't survive :twisted:

Philosophy is for people with minds hot enough to melt steel, big projects end with people's heads hanging looking into the ditch comforting their destroyed dreams of wonder on a bag of chocolate. It's a tough life ^^
Yeah - It's tuff at the top eh?
User avatar
The Voice of Time
Posts: 2234
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:18 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Wassup Everyone

Post by The Voice of Time »

chaz wyman wrote:
The Voice of Time wrote:You won't survive :twisted:

Philosophy is for people with minds hot enough to melt steel, big projects end with people's heads hanging looking into the ditch comforting their destroyed dreams of wonder on a bag of chocolate. It's a tough life ^^
Yeah - It's tuff at the top eh?
Indeed :lol:
User avatar
The Voice of Time
Posts: 2234
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:18 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Wassup Everyone

Post by The Voice of Time »

Actually, I'm going to whine here, because if you need an example I got one here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8776

Make a perfectly valid proposal from my point of view I get one answer and it is:
tbieter wrote: gibberish
And then no more replies or attempts by others at making a reply. I could've least gotten some discussion or somebody trying to reason their way through, but no,
tbieter wrote: gibberish
it is :/ So, one idea to keep in mind always about philosophical discussion: people do not like change, and they will fight it with teeth and claw, for better or worse! And they are merciless...

Your only weapon is a form of stubbornness where you continuously supply new arguments until the counterpart bends before you and finishes off with some defence mechanism trying to state how stupid or something you are ^^
User avatar
reasonemotion
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:04 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Wassup Everyone

Post by reasonemotion »

I have noticed a brief truce now and then :roll: :wink:
mainly to regroup and attack again.
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Wassup Everyone

Post by chaz wyman »

The Voice of Time wrote:Actually, I'm going to whine here, because if you need an example I got one here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8776

Make a perfectly valid proposal from my point of view I get one answer and it is:
tbieter wrote: gibberish
And then no more replies or attempts by others at making a reply. I could've least gotten some discussion or somebody trying to reason their way through, but no,
tbieter wrote: gibberish
it is :/ So, one idea to keep in mind always about philosophical discussion: people do not like change, and they will fight it with teeth and claw, for better or worse! And they are merciless...

Your only weapon is a form of stubbornness where you continuously supply new arguments until the counterpart bends before you and finishes off with some defence mechanism trying to state how stupid or something you are ^^
Tbieter's response is pretty shocking. if had wanted to advertise his lack of imagination and poor thinking skill then he could not have devised a better strategy.
You offer a thoughtful reflexion on Aesthetics and he response with a definition!!
You have nothing to worry about.
Post Reply