The HexHammer Arrives!

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

HexHammer

The HexHammer Arrives!

Post by HexHammer »

Greetings fellow philosophers!

I'm no classic philosopher, actually I abhore classical philosophy as most of it has same scientific height as medical nonsens such as blood letting, witches and other super sticious stuff.
Sure a few things still has relevance, but that's only a minority.

I like to use philosophy that has relevance.
Thundril

Re: The HexHammer Arrives!

Post by Thundril »

But you don't like to use spell-checkers, right?
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Such warm welcome!
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

HexHammer wrote:Greetings fellow philosophers!

I'm no classic philosopher, actually I abhore classical philosophy as most of it has same scientific height as medical nonsens such as blood letting, witches and other super sticious stuff.
Sure a few things still has relevance, but that's only a minority.

I like to use philosophy that has relevance.
And you think the ancient Greek philosophies have no relevance to you how?

You mean you only read the philosophy that you think has relevance to you?
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Arising_uk wrote:And you think the ancient Greek philosophies have no relevance to you how?

You mean you only read the philosophy that you think has relevance to you?
Ok, what relevance has Spontanious Genesis?

Indeed there are few things such as some philosopher said that "the cure must not be worse than the illness" ..or something along those lines.

Existialism sickens me, as it clearly lacks understanding of psycosis and skitzophrenia.
Izzywizzy

Post by Izzywizzy »

But you don't like to use spell-checkers, right?

LMAO :lol:
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

HexHammer wrote:Ok, what relevance has Spontanious Genesis? ...
Not a biologist so not much. But what is the good life? What is an ethical life? What is the best political system? Et al, still appear to be relevant questions today and some of their answers still appear to be the best ones so far.
Existialism sickens me, as it clearly lacks understanding of psycosis and skitzophrenia.
That'll be because its not psychology and is not concerned with them(at least not in the main) but with understanding the life of the non-psychotic and non-schizophrenic.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Arising_uk wrote:
HexHammer wrote:Ok, what relevance has Spontanious Genesis? ...
Not a biologist so not much. But what is the good life? What is an ethical life? What is the best political system? Et al, still appear to be relevant questions today and some of their answers still appear to be the best ones so far.
That'll be because its not psychology and is not concerned with them(at least not in the main) but with understanding the life of the non-psychotic and non-schizophrenic.
All these things lacks modern knowledge and scientific understanding of real life, why it stoops down to babble and raving. It's a theme park for mental mastrubation, stupidity and idiocy. It has excatly zero relevance, infact it will actually mislead and distort any sane preception of things.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

What exactly does modern knowledge and science tell us about the Greek questions?

You miss that Existentialism came out of the very real life experiences of World War II and the Nazi occupation of France, where the Greek questions were brought very much to the fore of peoples minds.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Arising_uk wrote:What exactly does modern knowledge and science tell us about the Greek questions?
It would clearly show that it has no relevance if things exist or not, it's a matter of mentallity.
If one is in doubt if something exist, then one may have a mental problem.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Sorry, you've lost me?

Are you talking about solipcism?

I'm also confused as you say science should be our touchstone but physics says things only probably exist?
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Arising_uk wrote:Sorry, you've lost me?

Are you talking about solipcism?

I'm also confused as you say science should be our touchstone but physics says things only probably exist?
Solipcism should be notoriously outdated, only simpleminded, psycotics and skitzo people would belive in that.

Is this physics saying that things only probaly exist, some orange plastic toy in a conor of your room?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nah! Nothing so complicated as that!

Its just that I read Richard Feynman a long time back and he said that physics had given-up thinking that what they find is true, just only probably true. For example when they calculate the path or position of particles at the quantum electro-dynamic level they find that they can only work with the probability that the 'things' are there, so it appears that at the small levels 'things' are only probably there. Incredibly probably there but still only probably there, so theres a tiny probablity that they might not be.
p.s.
How could a schizophrenic be a solipcist? Surely they, more than most, have evidence that they are not alone? And what would the psychotic be psychotic about if they were a solipcist?
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Arising_uk wrote:Nah! Nothing so complicated as that!

Its just that I read Richard Feynman a long time back and he said that physics had given-up thinking that what they find is true, just only probably true. For example when they calculate the path or position of particles at the quantum electro-dynamic level they find that they can only work with the probability that the 'things' are there, so it appears that at the small levels 'things' are only probably there. Incredibly probably there but still only probably there, so theres a tiny probablity that they might not be.
p.s.
How could a schizophrenic be a solipcist? Surely they, more than most, have evidence that they are not alone? And what would the psychotic be psychotic about if they were a solipcist?
I find your whole reasoning utterly absurd. Just because we can't determine how particles behaves, doesn't mean the rest of the world is impossible to determine.

Read up on shrink stuff.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

HexHammer wrote:I find your whole reasoning utterly absurd. Just because we can't determine how particles behaves, doesn't mean the rest of the world is impossible to determine.

Read up on shrink stuff.
Hmm... what do you mean by determine in this context? As whilst I agree that reductionism may not apply in many cases its still damm interesting that Physics, the pre-eminent science(and I thought this is what you advocated as the touchstone for the modern man), has abandoned truth as its base.

I've told you, I think much of Psychology is babble.

We seem to be losing track tho'. You've not answered why you think the Greek questions about life, etc have been answered by the sciences.

I'd also be interested in what you mean by existentialism, since you brought it up, and how it relates to the psychotic and schizophrenic?