Greetings from the Cloud of Unknowing!

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

CloudOfUnknowing

Greetings from the Cloud of Unknowing!

Post by CloudOfUnknowing »

Hello everyone from the Cloud of Unknowing!

You will have to forgive me for being a beginner, who is here because they have many (= 'Cloud' -!) questions ( = the 'Unknowing' of 'stuff'*), or many ideas which they want to discuss.
I find that, in discussion, there are new and fresh insights. This is especially true when the person with whom I am conversing has an alternative perspective to mine, or has greater experience in bringing their thoughts together in a more rigorous way - such as some discussions I have already read on this forum.
I want to discuss ideas in a way that is fruitful, not negative, even if the subject matter is not usual fare for me or the other interlocutor(s) - I consider this very exciting!

A little about myself (which merely serves to give a basic "context of me"):
I am in my early 20's, I'm in the UK, I did a degree in geology, I have a non-descript IT type job, I like asking complicated questions. I have been/am an atheist, an agnostic and a Catholic - and all three of those perspectives affect the way I think and the way I discuss ideas - for all good and bad!
This means I am not offended when my understanding, thinking, knowing, perception or even "belief"* is not the same as others (or when I get asked "tough" questions about these things), and I hope all who read my posts will be good enough to treat me the same :) .

I look forward to reading and responding with you all.

*= insert your preferred philosophical term for the same thing here, in reference to "being a beginner" :D !!!
Typist

Re: Greetings from the Cloud of Unknowing!

Post by Typist »

I love your screen name. If we had awards for such things, I would nominate you for one.

Welcome!
Aetixintro

Post by Aetixintro »

Regarding your nick, CloudOfUnknowing, you can turn your unknowing around quite quickly by:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3831, being about the Truth and message to its deniers!

Welcome, anyhow, great to have new people joining! Cheers! :)
CloudOfUnknowing

Post by CloudOfUnknowing »

@Typist:
I find that it describes both my state of being, and the book currently on the shelf above my head which still lies only partially finished :(

@Aetixintro:
I think that at this time of night "Truth" comes under the heading of "subject matter that is not my usual fare", but will endeavor to discuss in the future.... :)
Typist

Post by Typist »

CloudOfUnknowing wrote:I find that it describes both my state of being,
I wish I could say the same.

Sadly, I appear to know everything, or so I would have you believe. :lol:
MysticRose

Post by MysticRose »

Welcome! CloudOfUnknowing. :)
Jack

Post by Jack »

CloudOfUnknowing wrote:Hello everyone from the Cloud of Unknowing!

You will have to forgive me for being a beginner!

Don't feel like the "Lone Ranger" because in reality we are all beginners.

Welcome to the forum.

Jack