Hello

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Joseph

Hello

Post by Joseph »

Hello, there's no guarantee I will ever return to this website, but in case the topics interest me, etc. I will briefly introduce myself here. I am relatively new to philosophy. My main interest is science, biology in particular. I noticed a while back that most scientists are fairly ignorant of philosophy, as well as the humanities, and decided that if I were to become one some day I ought to avoid that trap from the start. Through my extremely brief perambulations I have developed a genuine interest, and may use this forum to develop that interest. Thank you for reading
duszek

Re: Hello

Post by duszek »

Hello Joseph,

and why would you not return to this forum ? Because the level is too low and you do not have the feeling that it´s worth it ?
There are some excellent minds on this forum: Richard Baron, Richard Lewis (who does not post much, unfortunately), conceptualizer, Duncan Butlin (although temporarily inhibited to post), to name but just a few.
Everyone makes his own lists of preferences of course.

Please, allow us to learn from you, if you have something true and good to say.

Thanks in advance.
Joseph

Post by Joseph »

duszek wrote:Hello Joseph,

and why would you not return to this forum ? Because the level is too low and you do not have the feeling that it´s worth it ?
Ha, I would never be so arrogant. I am sure that I would have much more to learn from you than vice versa; also, I doubt that I have anything true or good to say. The only reason I made the disclaimer is because I have a bad habit of finding interesting sites but forgetting what they were. This one looks good so I think I'll stay for a while. Thanks for the welcome
nameless

Post by nameless »

It's called a 'bookmark'.
Welcome!
MysticRose

Post by MysticRose »

Joseph,

Welcome! I hope you decide to stick around.
I don't know much about anything but I enjoy reading the posts and everyone seems really nice and helpful. So pull up a chair and join in.