Undergrad with Graduate pursuits, social media page creator

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

boyo1991

Undergrad with Graduate pursuits, social media page creator

Post by boyo1991 »

Greetings!

First, I have got to say this is a mighty old board setup we are using here. phpBB?! Feeling right back in 2005! All jokes aside however, my name is Dave, and I started studying philosophy more formally in 2017 when I was forced to take an intro to philosophy course for my social studies education program at the time. After taking that class, I immediately changed majors to philosophy and have never looked back. I study at Arizona State University and am debating between a few graduate programs currently. I also have been very autodidactic, taking and auditing many classes (one of my favorites is "Death" with Shelley Kagan at Yale) and putting my manuscripts on PhilArchive has been a blast. Lastly, I run a social media page with ~5000 followers to date where I create memes, brief philosophical works, and reshare other posts called Five Minute Philosophy.

I have been following Philosophy Now for quite some time, and for the past year or so have been subscribed to the physical (and digital access) magazine. It has been great fun, and I have been able to use them for reflective posts on my social media. It's quite interesting, I had done some research on regret for something I was writing up, and just as I thought I was done, the recent article came out.

Anyways, hope to see you interlocutors around!

-Dave
bahman

Re: Undergrad with Graduate pursuits, social media page creator

Post by bahman »

Hi and welcome to the forum.
fy&ur4vDf

Re: Undergrad with Graduate pursuits, social media page creator

Post by fy&ur4vDf »

Hi there! I'm a new user as well. Welcome.

I'm currently doing science, granted I'm in one of the traditional "hard science" fields, and I'm curious though, is there a place where I can learn more about philosophy research and how it's conducted? Any specific texts or resources that you'd recommend?