RachelAnn Returning

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

RachelAnn

RachelAnn Returning

Post by RachelAnn »

Hi Philosophy Peeps,
What Philosophers have y'all been reading? Who is fixated on what particular philosopher or philosophical era/movement?
I've been studying Samuel Alexander. Sometimes there are stretches of time that begin at one point and progress to another point in time and in the duration, there is just no time for participating in this forum so it hence becomes Philosophy Now, later. Until now. Yes, coffee IS the right answer.
OK, I'm a 42++ year old undergraduate, a Mom raising two ranting teenagers, & share a residence with burger-stealing mutt and mutant husband (one who is worthy of his wife's respect). Not my definition - my recently divorced neighbor came up with that bit. She's still seething.
It is Time, and Now is Passed to Then. Need caffeine...Jones
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Good to have you back, RachelAnn!
mperrotin

Hello RachelAnn

Post by mperrotin »

:lol: Good to read of a 40 something woman studying philosophy in New York! I guess it is the total opposite of where I am right now, in some small town in country South Australia. Virtually desert, but then so can big cities be, deserts. Wish you a lot of fun and personal growth with your study. Yours Moona
RachelAnn

Post by RachelAnn »

Good to read of a 40 something woman studying philosophy in New York! I guess it is the total opposite of where I am right now, in some small town in country South Australia. Virtually desert, but then so can big cities be, deserts.
Hi There, Australia. Troy NY is a blue-collar factory worker city. We are small but feisty. Ten miles out and you reach apple and dairy farms. NYC is 300 miles south; Montreal is 300 miles North; Boston is 250 miles East.
amateurphilosophynerd

Hi Rachel Ann AmateurPhilosophyNerd here I am reading

Post by amateurphilosophynerd »

Will Kymlica's Contemporary Political Philosophy An Introduction because I am interested in getting some sort of overview of ideologies and applying it to my/other circumstances/. I am 46 year old female who graduated 2:1 from Essex University UK 18 years ago. ( this boo is not an easy read by any stretch of the imagination but it is good so far)
I now live in the mighty palaces of supported housing on benefits and my life is full of opportunities (only kidding!) and am contemplating an academically sound escape route. blessings