Heya all, i would like to introduce myself

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Myron

Heya all, i would like to introduce myself

Post by Myron »

Hi, I have a philosophy on life and i wrote a book about it. I never studied Philosophy. Out of all the philosophers Socrates is my man.

I wrote the book and i dedicate it to the greater good of mankind and to my sister Angela who took her life in July 2008. I offer the book to the world for free.

My book might not seem Philosophical in the beginning but i get more philosophical later on in the book. I would love for you guys t read it and then we can discuss it. you can download it from my site www.whylivethislife.com

I have more theories that i will update the book with but for now i just want people to read it. I hope the world will find value in my book.

Let me leave you with a favorite quote.
Regards,
Myron

[CENTER]“I do nothing but go about persuading you all, old and young alike, not to take thought for your persons or your properties, but chiefly to care about the greatest improvement of the soul. I tell you that virtue is not given by money, but that from virtue comes money and every other good of man, public as well as private. This is my teaching, and if this is the doctrine which corrupts the youth, I am a mischievous person.” Socrates[/CENTER]
Psychonaut

Re: Heya all, i would like to introduce myself

Post by Psychonaut »

Yay! Free book!

As someone who wants to write a book in kopyleft I commend you for doing so yourself.

May there be many more to come!

I will try and get round to reading yours shortly :)
nameless

Post by nameless »

Myron wrote:Hi, I have a philosophy on life and i wrote a book about it. I never studied Philosophy. Out of all the philosophers Socrates is my man.
You don't sound that old. Without having studied philosophy, how is it that you know of "all the philosophers", out of which to perceive Socrates as "your man"?
I wrote the book and i dedicate it to the greater good of mankind and to my sister Angela who took her life in July 2008.

What can I say; "pain is the coin of the realm" - Pinhead
I offer the book to the world for free.
How generous. Thank you.
I tell you that virtue is not given by money, but that from virtue comes money and every other good of man, public as well as private.
Of course, wealth is a sign that god loves you special!
Wealth is a reward for being so virtuous. Only the truly humble are rich!
Shucks, history demonstrates the truth of that!
Yeparooney!
*__-
Myron

Post by Myron »

Psychonaut wrote:Yay! Free book!

As someone who wants to write a book in kopyleft I commend you for doing so yourself.

May there be many more to come!

I will try and get round to reading yours shortly :)
I am glad that you plan on reading it.

I do things, i decided to write one so i did :).

I would love to discuss it with you. the book is short and should make a short exciting read. I hope :)
Myron

Post by Myron »

nameless wrote:
Myron wrote:Hi, I have a philosophy on life and i wrote a book about it. I never studied Philosophy. Out of all the philosophers Socrates is my man.
You don't sound that old. Without having studied philosophy, how is it that you know of "all the philosophers", out of which to perceive Socrates as "your man"?
I wrote the book and i dedicate it to the greater good of mankind and to my sister Angela who took her life in July 2008.

What can I say; "pain is the coin of the realm" - Pinhead
I offer the book to the world for free.
How generous. Thank you.
I tell you that virtue is not given by money, but that from virtue comes money and every other good of man, public as well as private.
Of course, wealth is a sign that god loves you special!
Wealth is a reward for being so virtuous. Only the truly humble are rich!
Shucks, history demonstrates the truth of that!
Yeparooney!
*__-
I am young. I am 29.

Maybe you should read my book. You never know maybe you will like it.

I never studied Philosophy, i went to the university of hard knox.

The reason why i like Socrates so much is because of his one main believes:

"I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing"
Socrates

Education about nothing, is still nothing. Nothing being everything, because everything we can understand we created. Where that understanding is really meaningless on the great scheme of things. The knowledge that truly counts is only assumed by many but known by none.

I wrote the book without making the assumption of knowledge but rather as testament to where i have been and where i am right now.

I would love to hear your views on my book.
nameless

Post by nameless »

Myron wrote:I would love to hear your views on my book.
I glanced at it.
'Free-will' and 'choice' are vain illusions.
But there are those who eat up the 'self-help' books.

Perhaps a few hours spent studying the writings on this site might be of value before diving in?

Good luck.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Hi Myron,

Welcome to the forum and I'm sorry about the loss of your sister Angela.

Myron wrote:
Out of all the philosophers Socrates is my man.

Mine too!

Regards,

“I do nothing but go about persuading you all, old and young alike, not to take thought for your persons or your properties, but chiefly to care about the greatest improvement of the soul. I tell you that virtue is not given by money, but that from virtue comes money and every other good of man, public as well as private. This is my teaching, and if this is the doctrine which corrupts the youth, I am a mischievous person.” Socrates"

That is a great quote.

Jack
Myron

Post by Myron »

Such is life, death awaits us all.

I am glad to join the forum. Philosophy plagues my mind, i love it
Myron

Post by Myron »

nameless wrote:
Myron wrote:I would love to hear your views on my book.
I glanced at it.
'Free-will' and 'choice' are vain illusions.
But there are those who eat up the 'self-help' books.

Perhaps a few hours spent studying the writings on this site might be of value before diving in?

Good luck.
Ah yes, sometimes i feel "free-will" and "choice" are illusions, never the less if my choice to help people with my story is merely my fate based on my character and there wasn't a real choice, i will embrace it either way.

The book is not only about self help but the book is about embracing life the beauty of it and understanding that there is no real understanding of that which truly counts.
i feel that people get lost in the world of man and forget to see the gift of life.

i didn't write the book with the illusion of knowledge, i wrote the book as a testament.

I believe the only true knowledge is unknown to all walking this planet.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Thank you Van De Merwe

I wrote the book and i dedicate it to the greater good of mankind and to my sister Angela who took her life in July 2008. I offer the book to the world for free.

My book might not seem Philosophical in the beginning but i get more philosophical later on in the book. I would love for you guys t read it and then we can discuss it. you can download it from my site http://www.whylivethislife.com

I have more theories that i will update the book with but for now i just want people to read it. I hope the world will find value in my book.

Regards,
Myron

[CENTER]“I do nothing but go about persuading you all, old and young alike, not to take thought for your persons or your properties, but chiefly to care about the greatest improvement of the soul. I tell you that virtue is not given by money, but that from virtue comes money and every other good of man, public as well as private. This is my teaching, and if this is the doctrine which corrupts the youth, I am a mischievous person.” Socrates[/CENTER]
MysticRose

Post by MysticRose »

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass.
It’s about learning how to dance in the rain."

Exactly!

Bravo!