Hey!

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Eliza

Re: Hey!

Post by Eliza »

Psychonaut wrote:Have you ever tried to systematise your beliefs?

It really is a nightmare. You think you know how each part fits with every other, then you put them together and you have annoying situations like A>B B>C C>A

Anyone who thinks their beliefs are wholly consistent either hasn't bothered to check, is very skilled at self-deceit, or is something of a God (still waiting on proof of the latter)

This troublesomeness of beliefs is why fluidity of truth as presented by David Bohm hits a chord for me. Our reality is based on current perception, and current perception creates corresponding truths or beliefs. Yet every moment can cause change, the flux of life. Hence a myriad of contradictions, conundrums, and pardoxes. So, I just put it all in the clutter category and when the closet overflows in the hall I reorganize and remove what is nolonger applicable.
Typist

Post by Typist »

My wife has this crap all figured out. No kidding.

She has boiled all her beliefs down to these 4 words.

Four words!

Let The Mystery Be

And there's even a soundtrack for her religion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMkD_qrItsA
MagnetMan

Post by MagnetMan »

Wootah wrote: I would imagine that if anyone came up with a new thought they would make the cover of Philosophy Now, for at least two issues!!
Psyche-Genetics
is an entirely new theory on the evolution of human consciousness
it examines the intimate relationship between the the individual psyche as it matures between birth and death
and the collective psyche as it matures between each of the developmental Ages
begining with the naivete of Stone Age hunter/gatherer societies
and ending with the sagacity of a Cosmically transcendental society in an Age yet to come
when the theory predicts that human consciousness will complete its evolutionary cycle
and no more children will be born

I have argued the merits of this New Age theory on this and other forums for the past four years
and have faced endless rejection from over half a million responses to my various threads
It is obvious that no one is, as yet ready, to recognize or acknowledge its usefulness
which bodes well for the theory
since an initial stage of mass rejection is par for the course for any radical break from customary thinking

Since all the research was privately funded
and I did not have a PhD to limit my thinking as regards the connection between physics and metaphysics
and thus included the religious and spiritual implications of human behavior
generally ignored by science
as an essential aspect of the Psyche-Genetic thesis,
no self-respecting "scientific" editor will touch it
and it will thus never make the cover of any conventional magazine
or receive any acknowledgment from any member of any forum
at least during my life time

so young man/woman
welcome to the world of non-progressive philosophers
who argue endless over the bouquet of old wines
while the new wine of the new Nuclear Age
ages :lol: