Hello

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Y we could be in a simulation..

Post by attofishpi »

promethean75 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:30 pm "A brain-in-a-vat is a far more efficient way for a conscious mind to exist than lugging an actual mass of body material around with all its actual bodily requirements, including transport, heating, food, etc."

Hardly. Who runs the warehouse that has all the vats in it? Where are these vats, anyway? And how do you know the manufacture, distribution and use of seven billion vats is 'far more efficient'?

Mr. Shermer already had a talk with you about this kinda stuff, fish.
Again, Mr Shermer is a short sighted fool.

If your brain was interfaced to to let's say, a computer system (*the simulation system btw could be biological in its own right), ALL the energy required in getting food from the field to your plate, energy required for you to travel, keep warm, keep cold could be simulated by the system. I don't disagree that the simulation system would require energy, but to simply provide those qualia inputs to you conscious brain would be far reduced, than you living as the lard arse that you are!

Here is an excerpt from my novel Alpha Two - from one of the main characters Marlow, when he has drunk to much and waffling on about HIS theory:

“I got two words for you, evolution and reality. Darwin went to the final point of evolution, that is here and now. That’s not far enough! How old is the universe?” Marlow didn’t wait long enough for an answer. “Pretty damn old. So here’s how I see it—reality. Here we are lugging these colossal masses of matter around, when the neural-net has proved that we can exist in the same reality, but with minimal energy. The whole universe could be condensed from a conscious point of view and powered on a 12-volt battery. Now it seems pretty damn evident that conservation of energy is real fucking important—so I put it to you; the Sun burns out, the conscious planet condenses into a virtual world where the same laws of physics apply. Then, this mini planet containing all our souls—a seed, is propelled by the exploding Sun to another younger solar system.”

“Spaceship Earth,” says a large, bald man from the opposite side of the table, his face resembling a bulldog.

Marlow immediately slaps the table. “Yep! Spaceship Earth!”

Helix steps forward from the shadows and says, “And who’s running this spaceship?”

Marlow looks up at Helix, surprised to see him having realized Helix had been listening to one of his lectures. “The operating system. What is a man’s best friend?”

“A dog,” replies the man.

“Exactly—reversed God. God is the frickin operating system.”

“So we’re a reality within a reality?” asks Helix as he takes a seat between the two.

Novel free to download here:- https://www.androcies.com/alphatwo.php
promethean75

Re: Hello

Post by promethean75 »

dude i thought you meant literal vats with brains in em. alright so yer sayin there would be a single thing, a computer of some variety, generating all consciousnesses and the experiences those consciousnesses are having through a program of sorts. and that this would be a much more energy efficient way of producing conscious experience than growing a body.

okay I'll buy that. but how do you know this experience matrix mainframe already exists?

what if what you speak of will happen in the future with AI, but hasn't yet happened and yer like a cyber-punk prophet who has seen the future?
attofishpi

Simulation Hypothesis

Post by attofishpi »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:30 pm dude i thought you meant literal vats with brains in em. alright so yer sayin there would be a single thing, a computer of some variety, generating all consciousnesses and the experiences those consciousnesses are having through a program of sorts. and that this would be a much more energy efficient way of producing conscious experience than growing a body.

okay I'll buy that. but how do you know this experience matrix mainframe already exists?
What makes you think I think it does?

promethean75 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:30 pmwhat if what you speak of will happen in the future with AI, but hasn't yet happened and yer like a cyber-punk prophet who has seen the future?
ffs. keep that talk encrypted.
vickygupta7989

Post by vickygupta7989 »

To give a brief description of myself,I am Vicky Gupta. I am doing BA Economics in second year. I have quite an interest in economics related articles because it helps me to think strategically and make decisions to optimise the outcome. Moreover I want to particularly well-prepared for jobs in banking and the financial sector, such as in accountancy firms. An economics degree gives a high level of mathematical and statistical skills and the ability to apply economic principles in business and finance.I have quite an interest in educational things.
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

If we ARE in a simulation, then how we WAKE UP to reality? And if it's the reality, how can i go back to the simulation?Instagram reels download
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

Academic credentials prove compliance, indicate knowledge, and say nothing of understanding.