greeting from iambiguous

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

iambiguous

greeting from iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Greetings.

Some of you might be familiar with me through the zillions of posts I have submitted at ILP: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/index.php

Next you might notice that while I joined this forum in 2010, I have only now begun to post here. A long story. Let's just say that ILP has basically devolved into, well, whatever it is you want to call it.

An actual philosophy forum, however, isn't what most will call it these days.

Anyway, my basic "philosophy of life" revolves around my signature threads there:

https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=176529
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 5&t=185296
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=194382

I call myself a "moral nihilist" but don't pretend to know exactly what that means. My main interest in philosophy revolves around connecting the dots existentially between "morality here and now and immortality there and then"; in a world bursting at the seams with "contingency, chance, and change".
promethean75

Re: greeting from iambiguous

Post by promethean75 »

Biggs what the hell are you doing?! You don't make a frickin introduction thread with your name on it, bro! Now those harebrained boneheads might follow you over here.

Fuck now I put my name in this thread. Mods, you gotta delete this thread. Shut it, Biggs. Delete the thread, mods. Do it. Do it now.

*looks around nervously*
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

promethean75 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:06 pm Biggs what the hell are you doing?! You don't make a frickin introduction thread with your name on it, bro! Now those harebrained boneheads might follow you over here.

Fuck now I put my name in this thread. Mods, you gotta delete this thread. Shut it, Biggs. Delete the thread, mods. Do it. Do it now.

*looks around nervously*
On the other hand, given that I use the same "handle" here, they might have figured that out anyway.

Also, this: some here might go there and, who knows, if enough of them do there might actually be hope for ILP to return to being the venue it once used to be...a genuine, honest to goodness philosophy forum.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

iambiguous wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:44 pm
promethean75 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:06 pm Biggs what the hell are you doing?! You don't make a frickin introduction thread with your name on it, bro! Now those harebrained boneheads might follow you over here.

*looks around nervously*
On the other hand, given that I use the same "handle" here, they might have figured that out anyway.

Also, this: some here might go there and, who knows, if enough of them do there might actually be hope for ILP to return to being the venue it once used to be...a genuine, honest to goodness philosophy forum.
Fuck, see u guys lata - i'm migrating to ILP, razz some heads up over there Y not! :mrgreen:
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:04 pm

*looks around nervously*

Fuck, see u guys lata - i'm migrating to ILP, razz some heads up over there Y not! :mrgreen:
Good luck with that. With virtually no moderation there now it has basically devolved into the Rant Forum. Or into just another "social media" gabfest for the "yak, yak, yakkers".

I've tried my best to bring it back around to what it used to be when I first joined. But all the "real philosophers" are long gone.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

iambiguous wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:18 pm
attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:04 pm

Good luck with that. With virtually no moderation there now it has basically devolved into the Rant Forum. Or into just another "social media" gabfest for the "yak, yak, yakkers".

I've tried my best to bring it back around to what it used to be when I first joined. But all the "real philosophers" are long gone.
Mate, you came to this forum about 3 years too late...it's really gone down hill since USAdian Trump supporters joined and much of the London academia buggered off. (no offence if you are a USAdian...but if a Trumponian, then FUCK OFF!! :mrgreen: ..well, unless you are one of the rare ones that understand some science, and don't just want to talk about politics)

- btw I joined last night - noticed you username was all over the place!
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Bloody hell, I just tried looking at ILP sites on tablet...it looks ridiculous and is unusable...it says Hello Mobile device user ...everything is massive, I can't zoom out! I thought I was lame at Web programming!
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Set the zoom settings in your browser, mate.

Step 1.
Screenshot_20220127-020235.png
Screenshot_20220127-020235.png (40.18 KiB) Viewed 4222 times
Step 2.
Screenshot_20220127-020129.png
Screenshot_20220127-020129.png (47.99 KiB) Viewed 4222 times
Step 3.
old-man-cup-of-coffee-meme-template-ljc8s.jpg
old-man-cup-of-coffee-meme-template-ljc8s.jpg (30.69 KiB) Viewed 4221 times
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

promethean75 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:04 am Set the zoom settings in your browser, mate.

Step 1.

Screenshot_20220127-020235.png

Step 2.

Screenshot_20220127-020129.png

Step 3.

old-man-cup-of-coffee-meme-template-ljc8s.jpg
Thanks but I know how to set the zoom settings on my browser on my PC - just couldn't be arsed addressing it further on my tablet - even my own - and any website looks ok on the tablet - without fuckarsing around with stuff - it was like their site thought I was on a frickin mobile phone because its android tablet and had it recoded - by a wanka.

There is no need to adjust browser zoom settings on a tablet\mobile - u should just use yer fucking two fingers!! - clearly some twat over thought something.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Nah I like the browser zoom setting option. It's ergonomic af. Think about this. Without it, if I looked at 115 posts, I'd have to touch the screen 115 times wit my fingas to zoom the shit right... and who has time for that when engaged in the incredibly serious business of proof reading philosophy?
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

No I knew you know how to set those settings if you wanted. I infered elsewhere that you are quite handy with a compooter. Really I just wanted to post a picture of that guy with the mug, so I needed a reason.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

promethean75 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:30 am Nah I like the browser zoom setting option. It's ergonomic af. Think about this. Without it, if I looked at 115 posts, I'd have to touch the screen 115 times wit my fingas to zoom the shit right... and who has time for that when engaged in the incredibly serious business of proof reading philosophy?
PHN within a browser doesn't appear to give a flying fuck if I am on a tablet - it just behaves.

Whoever coded ILP to detect a different device (Ooh "U R on a Mobile Device" - was its message) is a fucking idiot - the browser can handle it fine - WITH finger spread where required.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

promethean75 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:34 am No I knew you know how to set those settings if you wanted. I infered elsewhere that you are quite handy with a compooter. Really I just wanted to post a picture of that guy with the mug, so I needed a reason.
..well, ok then MUG inferred !!! :mrgreen:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

..gonna go and try and finish the new Matrix film, I haven't had a drink in a weak but now I am week and so have a six pack of Guinness :mrgreen:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

[
promethean75 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:34 am -
I just went back to that site - it's been almost 24 hrs since I submitted a couple of posts. (they don't appear)

Then I just tried posting thinking aok by now and got this:- This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Is this standard on that forum? or are they still testing whether I am a minor wackjob or a majorwackjob or beyond reasonable philosophical comprehension?