Hello Everybody

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

finthebiscuitman

Hello Everybody

Post by finthebiscuitman »

H everybody, I'm finthebiscuitman and I have recently been diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukaemia, for which I am currently receiving treatment. Funny how a close association with death makes one philosophical. I have decided to go back to school and learn what I should have learnt many years ago. In the meantime I'm looking forward to some interesting and hopefully amusing arguments here.
Finthebiscuitman
JackHamiltonJames

Re: Hello Everybody

Post by JackHamiltonJames »

Welcome,

Death does bring such a philosophical outlook, a reminder of the unknown element of conscious existenece. Indeed it was the death of my father as a child that did that for me. I hope you find some answers on your journey.
I have found that answers begin with questions, and questions are born from a social construct, this is perhaps the best place to start with life and death philosophy, for example how other cultures view the whole situations can provide a freedom of sorts.

Enjoy,

Jack
ray

Post by ray »

Lets not beat around the bush.

I will ask it straight:

Did fear of death bring you to consider God seriously?
finthebiscuitman

I would like to ask Ray, where in my original post did I mention God? A surprisingly unphilosophical way of approaching things.
ray

Post by ray »

Funny how a close association with death makes one philosophical.
That is just a lazy way of referring to God when you see death approaching.

God says in His own Book, the Koran, that

When angel of death is about to bite your ass, your soul will certainly cry to God.
billardbobby

Post by billardbobby »

Hi
I am bobby and Me and my friend last year finessed school.Well we study in college our subject is social science.I am looking forward to some interesting and hopefully amusing arguments here.Finthebiscuitman So well done my dear we enjoy my college life.
Thank you.
finthebiscuitman

Thanks billardbobby for the welcome. Hope you enjoy school. Thanks to everyone else who welcomed me. Lets enjoy the discourse.
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

I'm afraid billiardbobby is a spambot. I've just deactivated "his" account and deleted his other postings.

However, let me take the opportunity to add my own welcome, finthebiscuitman. :)