Hi

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

brodix

Hi

Post by brodix »

My name is John. I train and ride horses for a living, but have been somewhat philosophical my whole life. I use the term loosely, as it is more a broad spectrum curiosity, rather than a specific focus on the discipline of academic philosophy.

This is an essay I wrote, trying to tie various concepts together.

http://www.exterminatingangel.com/index ... Itemid=479

While I've discussed different parts on different forums, it hasn't been possible to find a conversation to explore the underlaying foundation that I'm trying to examine.
JackHamiltonJames

Re: Hi

Post by JackHamiltonJames »

Welcome John,

I read your essay, you write very well. I agree with some of the things you have said, and considering space, time, money and our earthly role all in one was impressive. I like the idea of linking a series of ideas into one central set of living truths but as a philosopher in my own way i cant really agree that its worth anything but personal satisfaction in the moment written. Im not saying i dont agree with your ideas or that they arent 'right', they may very well be. I guess ive just reached the stage now where everything has no truth or false meaning, i suppose this is zen philosophy.

Anyway welcome, i think training horses would be very rewarding, and for what its worth i am impressed.

Kind regards
ray

Re: Hi

Post by ray »

brodix wrote:
While I've discussed different parts on different forums, it hasn't been possible to find a conversation to explore the underlaying foundation that I'm trying to examine.
Can you briefly tell us what exactly are you trying to "examine".

Three lines only, please.

By the way, welcome to forum.

I might grill you later.