Introduction - Baptist Minister Here

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

ReverendGrandmother

Introduction - Baptist Minister Here

Post by ReverendGrandmother »

Hello all,

I am a semi-retired Baptist minister and (as you can tell from my username) a grandmother. Recently I have been spending some time catching up on philosophy written after the 19th century.

The kind of philosophy I got exposed to in rural Bible College, university and graduate school was the kind that fits well with Protestant theology, and white I always knew that there is more to it than that, it is only recently that I had the time to really get into it.

I didn't have to semi-retire, but I really did want more time to read, and to give a young person with a bunch of new-fangled ideas an opportunity to inflict them on unsuspecting parishioners in rural Appalachia.

My current project is writing a book that explores the common ground between modern philosophy and Protestant theology - whether this is anything more than sheer hubris remains to be seen.

I came across this forum after Googling "epistemological injustice" - didn't see much here about that (Google can be weird that way) but it looked interesting so I thought I would join.

Cheers,
Grandma
attofishpi

Re: Introduction - Baptist Minister Here

Post by attofishpi »

ReverendGrandmother wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:56 pm Hello all,

I am a semi-retired Baptist minister and (as you can tell from my username) a grandmother. Recently I have been spending some time catching up on philosophy written after the 19th century.

The kind of philosophy I got exposed to in rural Bible College, university and graduate school was the kind that fits well with Protestant theology, and white I always knew that there is more to it than that, it is only recently that I had the time to really get into it.

I didn't have to semi-retire, but I really did want more time to read, and to give a young person with a bunch of new-fangled ideas an opportunity to inflict them on unsuspecting parishioners in rural Appalachia.

My current project is writing a book that explores the common ground between modern philosophy and Protestant theology - whether this is anything more than sheer hubris remains to be seen.

I came across this forum after Googling "epistemological injustice" - didn't see much here about that (Google can be weird that way) but it looked interesting so I thought I would join.

Cheers,
Grandma
Hello Granny,

Welcome to the forum, which unfortunately appears to be on the brink of collapsing into what most posters here these days would call a trash can.

This is my take on God:- https://www.androcies.com
ReverendGrandmother

Re: Introduction - Baptist Minister Here

Post by ReverendGrandmother »

Attofishpi,

I noticed that there does not seem to be a whole lot of discussion here, and much of what is here is not of great quality.

I will check in from time to time and see if there are an interesting responses to a few things I posted.

But maybe there is a livelier and more philosophical philosophy forum somewhere.

Cheers,
Grandma