Hello from Bristol

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Hello from Bristol

Post by 1804 »

Hello everyone,

I was made aware of this forum and decided to join. I'm never really a forum kind of person when it comes to my serious interests, but I decided to make this forum an exception.

I am a bristol university graduate, I have an MA and BSc, two degrees (or one and a half) in philosophy. I have recently been trying to apply for a PhD but have not had much luck. Anyhoo, I'm always keen on some intellectual stimulation so I throw in my hat in this forum. I've had three publications, one book review, I've done some radio interviews for my voluntary work, and I used to work as a tutor. I've quite a bit of public speaking experience, I've had two philosophy conference presentations and I've given a talk in the past couple of months for a local grassroots group.

Thank you for reading this
tbieter

Re: Hello from Bristol

Post by tbieter »

Welcome, 1804.

What is your favorite subject of philosophical inquiry and why is it such?

How about at least adopting a nickname? Communicating with a number (why adopt a number rather than a name?) is freaking me out. :)

Tom

Post by 1804 »

I'll half-answer both questions.

The number is a year.
The year relates to my favourite area.

I like history of philosophy, but also theoretical philosophy (that's an old monikker I grant). I follow a bit of epistemology, philosophy of science, I try to follow metaphysics when I can, and I just generally like philosophy. My MA work focused on Kant.
ray

Post by ray »

hello 1804

welcome.

why do you love that year?