Super new here

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

cicero117

Super new here

Post by cicero117 »

Hi, I'm kind of new to this philosophy stuff but I hope I can learn a lot of things in this forum.
I am a Protestant Christian so maybe my answers can be a little bit biased...but yeah. I studied "serious" philosophy last year in my senior year of high school though I have read some philosophy books from my dad's collection though I can't really say I understand most of the stuff I read.

I have an interest in the Philosophy of Mind and Philosophy of Religion though I wanted to learn more regarding the modern philosophy.
I have a science background, I am an undergraduate in Biotechnology, so a sprinkle of ethics philosophy as well (?)

Due to the SARS-CoV-2 lockdown I finally got the time to explore the philosophy world, I hope I can learn a lot!

By the way I respect Cicero a lot because of his actions during the late Roman Republic....highly influenced by reading Robert Harris's Cicero Trilogy, it's a really great book! hence the username :mrgreen:

Cheers
bahman

Re: Super new here

Post by bahman »

Welcome to the forum.
blip24

Re: Super new here

Post by blip24 »

Welcome to the fascinating world of philosophy.
It's interesting that you're protestant christian with an undergraduate in biotech. I recall reading an article about a Jehova's witness being a biologist or chemist, where he talked about science and faith. You must have met people who thinks it's weird?
Allow me to suggest that the best way to approach philosophy is not to dive into all kinds of books or articles. Instead, simply start reflecting about stuff, and then compare it what you'll read further down the line. :)