Hello, I'm new here

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

evejanelucille

Hello, I'm new here

Post by evejanelucille »

Hello everyone. I've been reading about simulation hypothesis, mathematical universe, quantum reality, and time theories for a few years now. I like Anthony Peake, Shaun Carrol, Max Tegmark, Rizwan Virk, and some other general stuff around all this.

I've come to a realisation. Not sure if this has been reached before but it is;

We are a 3D manifestation of Conway's game of life. We are simply the GoL writ large or writ in an extra dimension.

We are in a computer, we are a self-similar fractal pattern that has not yet died out as some GoLs do.

We are just shooting off from this original set of rules/programme/code, and are living the GoL.

Those who can perceive 4, 5, 6D see this GoL played out differently with all the other quasi-crystal layers of whatever dimension they exist in/may perceive.

I'm very hopeful that there is meaning to life but I think this is the most likely or most apparent conclusion of what this existence is.
Impenitent

Re: Hello, I'm new here

Post by Impenitent »

Brains in vats (and variations) have been around for a while...

welcome

-Imp
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

evejanelucille wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:37 pm Hello everyone. I've been reading about simulation hypothesis, mathematical universe, quantum reality, and time theories for a few years now. I like Anthony Peake, Shaun Carrol, Max Tegmark, Rizwan Virk, and some other general stuff around all this.

We are a 3D manifestation of Conway's game of life. We are simply the GoL writ large or writ in an extra dimension.

We are in a computer, we are a self-similar fractal pattern that has not yet died out as some GoLs do.

We are just shooting off from this original set of rules/programme/code, and are living the GoL.

Those who can perceive 4, 5, 6D see this GoL played out differently with all the other quasi-crystal layers of whatever dimension they exist in/may perceive.

I'm very hopeful that there is meaning to life but I think this is the most likely or most apparent conclusion of what this existence is.
HELL_O

& welcome

You are on a pitch that I am into. So welcome. Start a thread about this shit! Metaphysics is the spot.

Regarding the simulation hypothesis, you could do worse than immerse yourself in my web front: www.androcies.com

I would recommend reading from the headings left to right (u can skip the cyberpunk stuff if not interested) the poetry delves in to the homophonic and logical anomalies within the English LAN_GAUGE...the common protocol for mans communication.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Or you could do better and google Bostrum's Simulation paper.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Arising_uk wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:48 pm Or you could do better and google Bostrum's Simulation paper.
Oh Arising, if only Bostrom had a an actual clue about Y we would be in a simulation. And second to that, if only he had witnessed proof that there actually is a 3rd party intelligence behind the construct of reality.

Do you really think he has more to offer someone interested in the concept?
BardoXV

Post by BardoXV »

Impenitent wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:39 am Brains in vats (and variations) have been around for a while...

welcome

-Imp
The question then becomes who or what is feeding the stimulation to the Brain in a vat?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

(Skepdick\evejanelucille) why doesn't Bostrom present a logical reason as to WHY we would exist within a simulation?
bahman

Post by bahman »

evejanelucille wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:37 pm Hello everyone. I've been reading about simulation hypothesis, mathematical universe, quantum reality, and time theories for a few years now. I like Anthony Peake, Shaun Carrol, Max Tegmark, Rizwan Virk, and some other general stuff around all this.

What is GoL?
pilgrim1917

Post by pilgrim1917 »

Welcome!

pilgrim1917