I'm back.

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

thedoc

I'm back.

Post by thedoc »

I'm back, I've had quite an adventure. On Feb. 18th I was admitted to the hospital, on the 19th I was resuscitated and later the impella was installed, later the ecmo was installed since my heart wasn't strong enough for the impella. On Feb.27th I had open heart surgery to install the LVAD, on Mar. 5th I was opened up again to suction a blood clot. On Mar. 18th I was admitted to therapy and finally discharged April 6th. Glad to be home.
uwot

Re: I'm back.

Post by uwot »

Sounds like quite a ride. Welcome back, doc.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

thedoc wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:27 am I'm back, I've had quite an adventure. On Feb. 18th I was admitted to the hospital, on the 19th I was resuscitated and later the impella was installed, later the ecmo was installed since my heart wasn't strong enough for the impella. On Feb.27th I had open heart surgery to install the LVAD, on Mar. 5th I was opened up again to suction a blood clot. On Mar. 18th I was admitted to therapy and finally discharged April 6th. Glad to be home.
Wow. That's a major ordeal. Sounds like a heck of a lot of pain, and some really serious jeopardy. I'm very glad you've made it through. Welcome back.
-1-

Post by -1- »

If you live in the USA, it must have cost you a pretty buck.

Staying alive, staying alive, ah, ah, ah, ah, staying aliiiiiiive...
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

uwot wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:56 am Sounds like quite a ride. Welcome back, doc.
It was interesting, but I'm getting better now. Thanks.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:29 am
thedoc wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:27 am I'm back, I've had quite an adventure. On Feb. 18th I was admitted to the hospital, on the 19th I was resuscitated and later the impella was installed, later the ecmo was installed since my heart wasn't strong enough for the impella. On Feb.27th I had open heart surgery to install the LVAD, on Mar. 5th I was opened up again to suction a blood clot. On Mar. 18th I was admitted to therapy and finally discharged April 6th. Glad to be home.
Wow. That's a major ordeal. Sounds like a heck of a lot of pain, and some really serious jeopardy. I'm very glad you've made it through. Welcome back.
I understand what the jeopardy was and I just said "Do it", I didn't hesitate once the situation was explained to me. Not much pain really, I was under for the cutting parts, and I was able to get Tylenol3 for the rest. Thanks.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

-1- wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:34 am If you live in the USA, it must have cost you a pretty buck.

Staying alive, staying alive, ah, ah, ah, ah, staying aliiiiiiive...
I'm on medicare plus a supplement so we'll see how much I have to pay. I think the insurance will cover most if not all.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

thedoc wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:05 pm I understand what the jeopardy was and I just said "Do it", I didn't hesitate once the situation was explained to me. Not much pain really, I was under for the cutting parts, and I was able to get Tylenol3 for the rest. Thanks.
Well, thank God for Tylenol 3. The indignities and pains of aging are many.
henry quirk

Doc!

Post by henry quirk »

Your absence was conspicuous: I'm very glad you're not dead.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:34 pm
thedoc wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:05 pm I understand what the jeopardy was and I just said "Do it", I didn't hesitate once the situation was explained to me. Not much pain really, I was under for the cutting parts, and I was able to get Tylenol3 for the rest. Thanks.
Well, thank God for Tylenol 3. The indignities and pains of aging are many.
There is a saying "The first casualty of war is the truth.", well "the first casualty of a stay in the hospital is your modesty".
thedoc

Re: Doc!

Post by thedoc »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:39 pm Your absence was conspicuous: I'm very glad you're not dead.
Thank You. Almost, but not quite, I was lucky to be in the hospital when it happened.
henry quirk

So, now that you're patched, makeshifted, and re-tickerized...

Post by henry quirk »

...you'll pop in from time to time?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

thedoc wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:58 pm There is a saying "The first casualty of war is the truth.", well "the first casualty of a stay in the hospital is your modesty".
No kidding. If those "gowns" don't do it, then something about the procedure will. Or they'll send you a young, pretty nurse or doctor to conduct some utterly humiliating investigation.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:48 pm
thedoc wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:58 pm There is a saying "The first casualty of war is the truth.", well "the first casualty of a stay in the hospital is your modesty".
No kidding. If those "gowns" don't do it, then something about the procedure will. Or they'll send you a young, pretty nurse or doctor to conduct some utterly humiliating investigation.
Been there, done that.
-1-

Re: Doc!

Post by -1- »

thedoc wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:01 pm Thank You. Almost, but not quite, I was lucky to be in the hospital when it happened.
It always helps to be in the hospital when you get a medical emergency, or in the bank when you need cash, or in the police station when you're getting robbed, or in a brothel when you feel frisky.

Too bad one can't always be in all four at the same time and in the same respect.