I'm back.

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

I'm back.

Post by thedoc » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:27 am

I'm back, I've had quite an adventure. On Feb. 18th I was admitted to the hospital, on the 19th I was resuscitated and later the impella was installed, later the ecmo was installed since my heart wasn't strong enough for the impella. On Feb.27th I had open heart surgery to install the LVAD, on Mar. 5th I was opened up again to suction a blood clot. On Mar. 18th I was admitted to therapy and finally discharged April 6th. Glad to be home.

uwot
Posts: 4316
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:21 am

Re: I'm back.

Post by uwot » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:56 am

Sounds like quite a ride. Welcome back, doc.

User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 5922
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: I'm back.

Post by Immanuel Can » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:29 am

thedoc wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:27 am
I'm back, I've had quite an adventure. On Feb. 18th I was admitted to the hospital, on the 19th I was resuscitated and later the impella was installed, later the ecmo was installed since my heart wasn't strong enough for the impella. On Feb.27th I had open heart surgery to install the LVAD, on Mar. 5th I was opened up again to suction a blood clot. On Mar. 18th I was admitted to therapy and finally discharged April 6th. Glad to be home.
Wow. That's a major ordeal. Sounds like a heck of a lot of pain, and some really serious jeopardy. I'm very glad you've made it through. Welcome back.

User avatar
-1-
Posts: 2779
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 am

Re: I'm back.

Post by -1- » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:34 am

If you live in the USA, it must have cost you a pretty buck.

Staying alive, staying alive, ah, ah, ah, ah, staying aliiiiiiive...

thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: I'm back.

Post by thedoc » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:57 pm

uwot wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:56 am
Sounds like quite a ride. Welcome back, doc.
It was interesting, but I'm getting better now. Thanks.

thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: I'm back.

Post by thedoc » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:05 pm

Immanuel Can wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:29 am
thedoc wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:27 am
I'm back, I've had quite an adventure. On Feb. 18th I was admitted to the hospital, on the 19th I was resuscitated and later the impella was installed, later the ecmo was installed since my heart wasn't strong enough for the impella. On Feb.27th I had open heart surgery to install the LVAD, on Mar. 5th I was opened up again to suction a blood clot. On Mar. 18th I was admitted to therapy and finally discharged April 6th. Glad to be home.
Wow. That's a major ordeal. Sounds like a heck of a lot of pain, and some really serious jeopardy. I'm very glad you've made it through. Welcome back.
I understand what the jeopardy was and I just said "Do it", I didn't hesitate once the situation was explained to me. Not much pain really, I was under for the cutting parts, and I was able to get Tylenol3 for the rest. Thanks.

thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: I'm back.

Post by thedoc » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:11 pm

-1- wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:34 am
If you live in the USA, it must have cost you a pretty buck.

Staying alive, staying alive, ah, ah, ah, ah, staying aliiiiiiive...
I'm on medicare plus a supplement so we'll see how much I have to pay. I think the insurance will cover most if not all.

User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 5922
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: I'm back.

Post by Immanuel Can » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:34 pm

thedoc wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:05 pm
I understand what the jeopardy was and I just said "Do it", I didn't hesitate once the situation was explained to me. Not much pain really, I was under for the cutting parts, and I was able to get Tylenol3 for the rest. Thanks.
Well, thank God for Tylenol 3. The indignities and pains of aging are many.

User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 4733
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Doc!

Post by henry quirk » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:39 pm

Your absence was conspicuous: I'm very glad you're not dead.

thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: I'm back.

Post by thedoc » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:58 pm

Immanuel Can wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:34 pm
thedoc wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:05 pm
I understand what the jeopardy was and I just said "Do it", I didn't hesitate once the situation was explained to me. Not much pain really, I was under for the cutting parts, and I was able to get Tylenol3 for the rest. Thanks.
Well, thank God for Tylenol 3. The indignities and pains of aging are many.
There is a saying "The first casualty of war is the truth.", well "the first casualty of a stay in the hospital is your modesty".

thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: Doc!

Post by thedoc » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:01 pm

henry quirk wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:39 pm
Your absence was conspicuous: I'm very glad you're not dead.
Thank You. Almost, but not quite, I was lucky to be in the hospital when it happened.

User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 4733
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

So, now that you're patched, makeshifted, and re-tickerized...

Post by henry quirk » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:11 pm

...you'll pop in from time to time?

User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 5922
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: I'm back.

Post by Immanuel Can » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:48 pm

thedoc wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:58 pm
There is a saying "The first casualty of war is the truth.", well "the first casualty of a stay in the hospital is your modesty".
No kidding. If those "gowns" don't do it, then something about the procedure will. Or they'll send you a young, pretty nurse or doctor to conduct some utterly humiliating investigation.

thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: I'm back.

Post by thedoc » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:02 pm

Immanuel Can wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:48 pm
thedoc wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:58 pm
There is a saying "The first casualty of war is the truth.", well "the first casualty of a stay in the hospital is your modesty".
No kidding. If those "gowns" don't do it, then something about the procedure will. Or they'll send you a young, pretty nurse or doctor to conduct some utterly humiliating investigation.
Been there, done that.

User avatar
-1-
Posts: 2779
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 am

Re: Doc!

Post by -1- » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:54 am

thedoc wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:01 pm
Thank You. Almost, but not quite, I was lucky to be in the hospital when it happened.
It always helps to be in the hospital when you get a medical emergency, or in the bank when you need cash, or in the police station when you're getting robbed, or in a brothel when you feel frisky.

Too bad one can't always be in all four at the same time and in the same respect.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests