Introducing Myself - Hello All...

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Merseymart

Introducing Myself - Hello All...

Post by Merseymart »

Hello Everyone,
As the thread suggests, this is a quick introduction about me and a message to send greetings to you all. I hope 2019 finds us all in good health and spirits thus far.
I decided to join this forum after looking into online courses in philosophy and not being too enamoured by most of the results I found. I wasn't looking to study in depth or for any reasons in particular. Really, I just wanted to give my mind new (and hopefully some challenging) avenues to explore and I decided to jump in to discussing with real people, who share their thoughts without agendas based on targets of study acheivements etc.
I'm a 49 year old musician and composer based in Liverpool, and I've always been interested in learning about the views and values of people from all walks of life. I have a particular interest in popular culture and the 21st century's shift in how and why trends evolve as our technology influences how we see ourselves and each other now that it has become as intergrated in our day to day lives.
One initial question I have for anyone, who reads this is: What is the correct etiquette for joining in an established discussion if I'm interested and have something to share or ask? I wouldn't want to appear rude by suddenly appearing in a discussion between people.
Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope to talk soon.
Marty.
bahman

Re: Introducing Myself - Hello All...

Post by bahman »

Hi there and welcome to the forum.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Hello! Welcome!
What is the correct etiquette for joining in an established discussion if I'm interested and have something to share or ask? I wouldn't want to appear rude by suddenly appearing in a discussion between people.
Oh crap! I just realized how incredibly rude I've been all this time! I usually just butt in. :oops:
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Merseymart wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:02 am What is the correct etiquette for joining in an established discussion if I'm interested and have something to share or ask? I wouldn't want to appear rude by suddenly appearing in a discussion between people.
Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope to talk soon.
Marty.
Marty the Merseysider:
The protocol is very simple: just go ahead, and welcome to the circus. Nobody much minds, and judging by the question, I doubt you'd be inclined to be rude anyway.
henry quirk

"What is the correct etiquette for joining in an established discussion(?)"

Post by henry quirk »

Just jump in (with loins girded, blade in hand).
Immanuel Can

Re: "What is the correct etiquette for joining in an established discussion(?)"

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:29 pm Just jump in (with loins girded, blade in hand).
You make it sound like he's going to have to smite the Hittites, Henry. :wink:
henry quirk

hey, Mannie

Post by henry quirk »

Nah, he don't have to smite the Hittites: he just has to weather the jackasses (with a knife).