Hello

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Auferstehung

Hello

Post by Auferstehung »

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and keen to utilise it as a means of learning and communicating with like-minded folks [as trying to talk about philosophy has a tendency to scare people!]. I have some experience in the subject but see the approach of the forum and the magazine as the epitome of my main interest - pragmatism - in the way it tries to de-mystify the subject and broaden its appeal. As Nicholas Rescher points out: "Philosophy seeks to bring rational order, system, and intelligibility to the confusing diversity of our cognitive affairs. It strives for orderly arrangements in the cognitive sphere that will enable us to find our way about in the world in an effective and satisfying way. Philosophy is indeed a venture in theorising, but one whose rationale is entirely practical." Couldn't agree more.
Davyboi

Re: Hello

Post by Davyboi »

Auferstehung wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:01 pm Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and keen to utilise it as a means of learning and communicating with like-minded folks [as trying to talk about philosophy has a tendency to scare people!]. I have some experience in the subject but see the approach of the forum and the magazine as the epitome of my main interest - pragmatism - in the way it tries to de-mystify the subject and broaden its appeal. As Nicholas Rescher points out: "Philosophy seeks to bring rational order, system, and intelligibility to the confusing diversity of our cognitive affairs. It strives for orderly arrangements in the cognitive sphere that will enable us to find our way about in the world in an effective and satisfying way. Philosophy is indeed a venture in theorising, but one whose rationale is entirely practical." Couldn't agree more.
Hello mate welcome!