Hello World!

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

ptosis

Hello World!

Post by ptosis »

Came here hoping that be able to have a good thread.
Been reading up on the 'self awareness; thing and I'm like, why talk to others about how they see you? What if you are all surrounded by trolls and snipes that would make you feel bad?

Like the time I asked my sisters "How do I look? and they answered sneeringly 'OK for you.'

So I don't think asking others about how yourself appear is the correct way of 'self awareness;
That's why I'm here.
Dontaskme

Re: Hello World!

Post by Dontaskme »

ptosis wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:24 pm Came here hoping that be able to have a good thread.
Been reading up on the 'self awareness; thing and I'm like, why talk to others about how they see you? What if you are all surrounded by trolls and snipes that would make you feel bad?

Like the time I asked my sisters "How do I look? and they answered sneeringly 'OK for you.'

So I don't think asking others about how yourself appear is the correct way of 'self awareness;
That's why I'm here.
I would never consult with another on matters that only I know is true. I may listen to others advice, but would ultimately make my own mind up about whether that advice is true for me or not.

It's what you think that really matters, what you think creates your world, equals the end of the struggle to try and be someone your not. Only you can fit inside you, there is no room for two, why take on that extra burden, weight?

Are you going to start a good thread? ..me likes good straight talking threads...always be yourself, everyone else is taken..no one can ride your back unless it's bent..be a straight talker and know yourself.

bahman

Post by bahman »

ptosis wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:24 pm Came here hoping that be able to have a good thread.

That's why I'm here.
We like you the way you are. So don't worry, open up and express yourself.
Necromancer

Post by Necromancer »

bahman wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:02 am

That's why I'm here.
We like you the way you are. So don't worry, open up and express yourself.
I say welcome too, ptosis! :D 8)
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

That's why I'm here.
Do the things you care about. Live as you see fit, in order to be happy living with yourself. It's like the Ricky Nelson line in his song, 'Garden Party'....

'You can't please everyone, so you gotta please yourself'.

A lot of wisdom rolled up in that. But it's easier said than done. You have to work on it, because others want you to please them, and they don't want that to change.
ptosis

Post by ptosis »

Thanks everybody. I've come to realize that this "Self awareness via others" is a stupid con game
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

ptosis wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:12 pm Thanks everybody. I've come to realize that this "Self awareness via others" is a stupid con game
It is. Wise conclusion. There are a lot of cons in life, and peeling them back like the layers of an onion skin takes a long time. Just make sure you do for yourself above all, because no one else will.... mind you, I'm very jaded, but I think it's fair advice. Be well.