hi i am back

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Kayla

hi i am back

Post by Kayla »

I am not new, but i have not been on for a while.

I joined the forum in 2011, i was 15 and tended to express myself with emotional meltdowns that apparently have been described as 'legendary'

To many of my peers, i am still 'that psycho melt-down queen'

at one point i got into trouble after smashing a classmates face into a desk and was sentenced to anger management - which was surprisingly effective

but i am much better now. never did get to study philosophy in any formal way and took up farming instead (yes people do occasionally take up farming)

i am married, we have a wonderful daughter, life is good
Philosophy Explorer

Re: hi i am back

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Kayla wrote: โ†‘Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:45 pm I am not new, but i have not been on for a while.

I joined the forum in 2011, i was 15 and tended to express myself with emotional meltdowns that apparently have been described as 'legendary'

at one point i got into trouble after smashing a classmates face into a desk and was sentenced to anger management - which was surprisingly effective

but i am much better now. never did get to study philosophy in any formal way and took up farming instead (yes people do occasionally take up farming)

Welcome back

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธPhilX๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
bahman

Post by bahman »

Welcome back.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Kayla wrote: โ†‘Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:45 pm I am not new, but i have not been on for a while.

Kayla, nice to see you again. Yes, I recall the occasional meltdown, but we all have them. I'm glad to read that life is good for you, and that you are happy. That's all that really matters in the end. Anyway, just thought I'd chirp in for a welcome back. Cheers. :)
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

Dalek Prime wrote: โ†‘Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:13 am Kayla, nice to see you again. Yes, I recall the occasional meltdown, but we all have them. I'm glad to read that life is good for you, and that you are happy. That's all that really matters in the end. Anyway, just thought I'd chirp in for a welcome back. Cheers. :)
hey

i don't think too many people had the meltdowns of the intensity or frequency that I did

met some interesting people in the anger management class though

also i dealt with my clownophobia

still dont like them but no longer need to get drunk to deal with them (in my case 'getting drunk' translates into 'a couple of tequila shots')
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Kayla wrote: โ†‘Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:49 pm
Dalek Prime wrote: โ†‘Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:13 am Kayla, nice to see you again. Yes, I recall the occasional meltdown, but we all have them. I'm glad to read that life is good for you, and that you are happy. That's all that really matters in the end. Anyway, just thought I'd chirp in for a welcome back. Cheers. :)
hey

i don't think too many people had the meltdowns of the intensity or frequency that I did

still dont like them but no longer need to get drunk to deal with them (in my case 'getting drunk' translates into 'a couple of tequila shots')
I went to anger management on my own accord, but quit in frustration Lol. I'm dealing okay with it. I had a good meltdown here, actually, but I got over it. I quit drinking ages ago, so two tequilas would probably put me down.

Congrats on your family and farming! Really does sound nice. Ever watch "Victorian Farm" and the like?
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

my understanding is that there is no 'one size fits all' anger management

the class i had included heavy religious component and that would not work for everyone - but it worked for those in attendance

if you fill anger, let the spirit of god fill you is the sort of advise that would have some people walking out
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Kayla wrote: โ†‘Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:45 pm
Desks cost money, I'm in favour of a zero tolerance policy on the damaging of school property.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Kayla wrote: โ†‘Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:49 pm
hey

Do you run into clowns often? I don't think I've ever met one in person. Is it just the makeup? What is a clown without makeup? A person.

No surprises here. Anger management is bullshit. Rage is a form of temporary insanity. It seems completely rational at the time. No amount of 'expert' twits with whiteboards and bubble diagrams is going to change that. Is there no end to the bullshit that yanks will come up with to make money?
https://www.bitchute.com/video/ZoYM9IGXV7Fw/
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: โ†‘Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:56 pm Do you run into clowns often?
one of the services we offer is a petting zoo-themed birthday parties

this often includes clowns
No surprises here. Anger management is bullshit.
i found it very helpful. however, it was tailored to religious US south audience.

anger management class i had would probably do nothing for, say, an atheist new yorker - a useful anger management class for them would have to be very different

No amount of 'expert' twits with whiteboards and bubble diagrams is going to change that.
didnt have whiteboards and bubble diagrams for my anger management
Is there no end to the bullshit that yanks will come up with to make money?
being in the US south i cannot speak to what the yanks might or might not do
Philosophy Explorer

Kayla said:

"being in the US south i cannot speak to what the yanks might or might not do" Right on Kayla.

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒPhilX๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒ
vegetariantaxidermy

Kayla wrote: โ†‘Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:31 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: โ†‘Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:56 pm Do you run into clowns often?
one of the services we offer is a petting zoo-themed birthday parties

this often includes clowns
No surprises here. Anger management is bullshit.
i found it very helpful. however, it was tailored to religious US south audience.

anger management class i had would probably do nothing for, say, an atheist new yorker - a useful anger management class for them would have to be very different

No amount of 'expert' twits with whiteboards and bubble diagrams is going to change that.
didnt have whiteboards and bubble diagrams for my anger management
Is there no end to the bullshit that yanks will come up with to make money?
being in the US south i cannot speak to what the yanks might or might not do
The kind of anger that causes major problems is uncontrollable rage--a complex combination of emotions, and no amount of 'anger management' is going to change anything about it. Only a lobotomy could do that.
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote: โ†‘Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:42 pm Kayla said:

"being in the US south i cannot speak to what the yanks might or might not do" Right on Kayla.

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒPhilX๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒ
Perhaps y'all don't know that there was a civil war, and the north won. And I believe the word was 'yankee'. 'Yank' can refer to anyone from north or south. Does the term UNITED States mean anything to you?
Again you make a fool of yourself and show your lack of education and ignorance of your own country.
Philosophy Explorer

The origin of "Yankee" is unknown.:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yankee

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒPhilX๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒ
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote: โ†‘Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:45 pm The origin of "Yankee" is unknown.:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yankee

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒPhilX๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒ
Did you even read the thing? Do you know what 'origin' means? Do you have a point? How stupid can a person be who posts links to articles that make him look ever stupider?