Hello all

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

AMag

Hello all

Post by AMag »

Hi all,
I’m a newbie joining the forum to hopefully engage and learn how to "be a philosopher" by discussing and arguing - in the nicest possible way, of course. I’m retired now so have time to read properly and I’m currently on Plato. I’m reading his dialogues and a couple of introductory books. Looking forward to getting involved.
Anne
RickLewis

Re: Hello all

Post by RickLewis »

Hello Anne,

Welcome to the forum!
bahman

Post by bahman »

Hello. I wish you have a good time.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Welcome! You will not learn philosophy here, only cozy chat, all philosophy forums only do outdated philosophy based on silly ideas grabbed out of thin air, not ideas based on science, nor do they actually follow any methodical procedure as ancient philosophers.
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

Welcome!

Do not listen to HexHammer, he's just a grumpy old "viking". What you will get here, is being challenged to the point of absurdity. People will claim to know all sorts of stuff and dismiss any valid point you make, nomather what you say, and how many times you repeat it. Kinda like a discussion between drunks in a pub!

Enjoy!
AMag

Post by AMag »

Thank you for the welcome Rick - I finally made it.... mmm drunks in a pub? I grew up near Glasgow and don’t have great memories of pub arguments! Now for me it tends to be a bottle of Pinot Grigio at home :lol: I’m not even sure what "outdated philosophy" is as I thought it was mainly building on the shoulders of giants... and little went out of date as it all can lead to something? Challenging is fine as long as we’re civilised... :(