Just joined

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dalek Prime

Re: Just joined

Post by Dalek Prime »

Considering I swear a lot and often goof off, the mods have been fairly decent with me, I'll admit. I'd say there is much free speech here.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:56 pmAt least they aren't going into posts like Magsj was and changing what you wrote, not even noting it was changed by her, and blocking you from deleting it.... that got me really angry. She isn't smart enough to figure out the context of a lot of discussions, and messed threads up, making it look people said something completely different. One really bad case was, there is a school of psychology that types populated regions by a tendency to have certain personality types appear more so than others, it is a merger of Ethnography and Psychology, heavy on statistics.... they try to show why in terms of epigenetics or cultural predeposition.... crazy woman had no background in it, completely misunderstood, and made me look like a racist in the change, because she didn't understand the school. Ironically is was in reference to Canada, and I was using the Vancouver school in this case. I tried repeatedly to get it changed or deleted, but because Gib from Calgary was Canadian (thus somehow knew better, despite no background) she refused to change her changes to my post, making it look really, really bad. That's pure philosophical malpractice, something deserving of the medieval racks. Grab her by the balls and throw her downfor the tigers in the pit to eat, gladiator style.
Yep, that's EXACTLY the Magsj I know.
(sorry just stumpled upon this post)
barbarianhorde

Post by barbarianhorde »

gaffo wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:25 am
Arising_uk wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:30 pm
EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote:.... In the U.K., they are a repressive theocracy, not allowed to talk about it. ...
No we aren't, we are a Parliamentary Democracy and as such are way more of a representative democracy than the States.

You also might want to note that religion plays pretty much no part in our politics whereas we can never listen to a Yank politican without the word 'God' coming into it somewhere.
I'm not an ignorant dipshit and so know that England is no longer a Monarchy - which ended formally when???????????? 150 yrs ago?

As a person and loves knowledge and just by accident of birth was born in America, if you know or can give a URL, respecting your Nation (England - United Kingdom (these differ - today how do they differ - surely NZ, Australia, Canada - though (or is Canada no longer a part? if not why/when?).............are not England but part of the UK..................though at the same time NZ is not Australia - both indepentant Nations - one does not do the bidding of the other - but both do the bidding for England? - lol (in legal theory - per present legalisizms?).

I'm small minded American southern white trash in okiahoma, like to have a bigger mind and so understand more about the whole UK vs England and where the the member states of the UK reside.............per inter membership and with regard to their own nationality (i.e sovereignty).

...............WRT where does South Africa sit in WRT to the UK these days?

per you post in particular I'd appreciate you giving me an URL about your "england is a parliamentary democracy".

I DO VALUE learning.

Of course England is a monarchy!
Like Holland is, a parliamentary, democratic monarchy

Boris Johnson had to formally ask the Queen for permission to suspend parliament.

To phrase that more sharply: with permission from the Queen, the PM can suspend parliament.

Also, Canada exists under the British Crown - which means that if you are being naturalized as a Canadian citizen, you have to swear allegiance to that Crown.

Pretty badass in a sense.

Its good for business, by the way. With some second cousin of some prince in your trade delegation you'll get into rooms of Chinese deal-making that would otherwise remain closed.

What I, and the Chinese, like about it is the continuity of values. I dont believe that democracy is hard enough to preserve any values, not even the value of itself. Look at the "Democrats" wanting to abolish the electoral college, the very foundation of US Liberty.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

barbarianhorde wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:18 pm
Of course England is a monarchy!
Like Holland is, a parliamentary, democratic monarchy

Boris Johnson had to formally ask the Queen for permission to suspend parliament.

To phrase that more sharply: with permission from the Queen, the PM can suspend parliament.
yes i know this particular power of the Queen, and said so here or in another thread,

and she should deny Boris the power to dismiss Parliament (use her power - as she did with Australia in removing thier PM in 74 via her governer general (she did so in 74 - a bad call IMO then, but would be a good call WRT to British welfare today to deny Boris's wish to dismiss UK parliament).

-------------did she show no balls as let Boris remove UK Parliament and her Democratic monarchy with it?

I've not noted - Boris' mandate to destroy Parliament is around now - was it a few days ago or a few days hence.

is it safe to assume the Queen as no balls and will destroy England with Boris' blessing?

barbarianhorde wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:18 pm Also, Canada exists under the British Crown - which means that if you are being naturalized as a Canadian citizen, you have to swear allegiance to that Crown.
interesting! did not know this, so the 1965 Canadian independance via legislation is null and void and Canada is still part of the United Kingdom.

and the Canadian Gov General under crown rule can - as he did during ww1 - conscript Canadians to die for england for english wars, and can fire Canadian PMs and order re-elections for the PM puppets of the future.
barbarianhorde wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:18 pm Look at the "Democrats" wanting to abolish the electoral college, the very foundation of US Liberty.
"democrats" are fools, I'm a registered Independant. would be a Green or Libertarian, but my State does not see them as legal parties, so not registerable as either.

Electoral College is in the BODY of the Constitution itself!!!!!!!!! (I don't think anything in the constitution itself has been directly repealed before (the "black slaves are only 3/5th of a person" - was obleakly via the 14th amendment). I can only assume to remove parts of the Body of my Constitution would require the same process as removal of amendments to it (refer to the 20th and 21st amendments).

per the Electoral College (which i support - giving the small lesser states some voice in my republic) - if the dems wish to remove it, they can - as they can anything else in my Constitution:

if

3/4 of all State Legislatures vote to remove the EC

Federal Senate votes to remove the EC

President does not veto (of course if he does, then see above - and Fed Senate must have 2/3's vote to remove EC to over-ride president's veto.

-------------

if the above 2 (or 3 - depending upon the president/fed senate's vote percentage) are actualized, the Elector College is gone.

so that will take oh about 40 yrs or so of concerted effort.

ERA failed after 20 yrs or so of concerted effort (almost! - but not quite! - so no cookie).

I rem it all, so i know amending my constitution (or repealing a former part of it) - is not likely in the real world.

folly more like.

Dems that talk about removing the EC are ignoramouses that know nothing about the Rule of Law/my Constitution.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Arising_uk wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:41 am
gaffo wrote:I'm not an ignorant dipshit and so know that England is no longer a Monarchy - which ended formally when???????????? 150 yrs ago? ...
Not quite, the UK is a parliamentary democracy under a constitutional monarchy. It's the kind of fudge that the British love.

yes, as do the Candians and Aussies with your Governor Generals.

I do know about Frazer? 74 PM removed by your Queen, big scandal in Australia................did thier gov remove that loophole, or are they still playing fully soviegn fudge?

i wonder.

Yopur queen has the power to refuse Boris' wish to nullify your parlaiment (for the greater good of England)

did she/will she?

or just piss your nation away and be a figurehead and not use the little power she does have to save your nation?

As a person and loves knowledge and just by accident of birth was born in America, if you know or can give a URL, respecting your Nation (England - United Kingdom (these differ - today how do they differ - surely NZ, Australia, Canada - though (or is Canada no longer a part? if not why/when?).............are not England but part of the UK..................though at the same time NZ is not Australia - both indepentant Nations - one does not do the bidding of the other - but both do the bidding for England? - lol (in legal theory - per present legalisizms?).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_ ... ed_Kingdom
http://thecommonwealth.org/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_Act_1986
I'm small minded American southern white trash in okiahoma, like to have a bigger mind and so understand more about the whole UK vs England and where the the member states of the UK reside.............per inter membership and with regard to their own nationality (i.e sovereignty).

Arising_uk wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:41 am Currently there is no independent nationalities in the UK, we are all British and that is the only officially recognised nationality.

OK - you seem to know your stuff, thanks for education! - is Canada still formally part of the UK? )I'm asking honestly here - i'm not sure myself - i know Canada claims to be formally independent since 1965 - it this not so?)

so Aussies, South Africans, Kiwis are under the rule of the Crown, and not sovergn nations?

ya or nay? i'm asking here - per rule of law.

Arising_uk wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:41 am However, if you wish to be British then you call yourself English, Welsh, Scottish or Northern Irish when talking to each other and British when chatting to johnny foreigner. :)
yes i know.

as you surely do that there can me no "backstop" in the post Brexit Britian. only 1 option per Ireland.

borders re-opening (or closing more apt). and of course the result will be poverty in Northern Ireland, then 5 yrs hence a reforendum for re-unification, and NI will cease to exist and ROI will become all of Ireland, in the EU.

and during the demise of NI, Scotland will have another reforendum (like they did 3 yrs ago - but this time they will leave the UK)- and UK-proper will be England and Wales (Isle of Man is a Monarch possession and never part of the UK - so assume she will remain to a possession of the monarchy and part of "England").

...............WRT where does South Africa sit in WRT to the UK these days?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Status_of ... _Act,_1934
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Africa
per you post in particular I'd appreciate you giving me an URL about your "england is a parliamentary democracy".

I DO VALUE learning.
See above.
[/quote]

thanks for reply!
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greta wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:11 am
The beauty of renewable energy is that, once you get the system right, it's renewable! You basically get the energy for free.
no all that great, wind and sun only apply in daytime, after sunset you have to have decent batteries, and since there is not such thing, renewables are not the cure all to date.

nuclear could be, but for the waste, and so not something i support - esp after chernoble and yukishima/etc..........

so that leaves us with renewables for daytime, and fossil fuels for night/cloudy windless weeks.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

HexHammer wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:58 am Yep, that's EXACTLY the Magsj I know.
How kind of you to share.. content and infractions are not mutually exclusive.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

MagsJ wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:03 am
HexHammer wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:58 am Yep, that's EXACTLY the Magsj I know.
How kind of you to share.. content and infractions are not mutually exclusive.
You got angry and gave me infections for no reason afterwards.

But let me tell you this ..philosophy = love of wisdom, cozy chat isn't love of wisdom, it's just cozy chat.
I don't think philosophy are for 99% of the cozy chatters around various cozy chat forums they call philosophy forums, they simply don't understand the concept.

You should do something constructive with your life, but if you insist on doing philosophy you should start with the refined business version of Sun Tzu - The Art of War, the americans has refined it to my understanding.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

HexHammer wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:49 am You got angry and gave me infections for no reason afterwards.
Sounds like a spot of Resentiment, to me..

..gave you what? lol

But let me tell you this ..philosophy = love of wisdom, cozy chat isn't love of wisdom, it's just cozy chat.
I don't think philosophy are for 99% of the cozy chatters around various cozy chat forums they call philosophy forums, they simply don't understand the concept.
..I guess that depends on which board you're chatting in, and that shouldn't be of anyone's concern, no? ..time available at hand, dictating quantity of participation, of which mine was very limited, so minimised my need to reply to replies. Things are never always what they seem or how we perceive them to be HH i.e. Private Lives.
You should do something constructive with your life, but if you insist on doing philosophy you should start with the refined business version of Sun Tzu - The Art of War, the americans has refined it to my understanding.
Thanks for the tips.. I've not stopped being constructive, or influential.. at the very least.

I'm just not the Brawler type.. I understand it, and other qualities in humans very well thank you, but to understand it doesn't mean to be it. I would read the Concise English version of TAoW, before, so as to compare it to the refined version. I hope there's a concise edition of that one. :P

HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

MagsJ wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:56 am
HexHammer wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:49 am You got angry and gave me infections for no reason afterwards.
..gave you what? lol
Ups typo, infraction = warnings. :mrgreen:

..I guess that depends on which board you're chatting in, and that shouldn't be of anyone's concern, no? ..time available at hand, dictating quantity of participation, of which mine was very limited, so minimised my need to reply to replies. Things are never always what they seem or how we perceive them to be HH i.e. Private Lives.
No, been on all boards and it would be miraculous if there was a forum filled with geniuses without asperger. No such thing would EVER happen.
Even on engineering and physics science sites it's not impressive with people's intellect, most have splendid memory, but exceedingly low rational to make sense of their findings. Even my personal 140 IQ buddies most also lack rationale, even a buddy of mine that have had the security responsibility of all danish national banking transactions I would NEVER have him work for me, because he lacks rationale and have fucked up majorly! ONLY 1 of my buddies has reasonable rationale which is the advisor of the Danish National Bank.

If there's miraculously would be a forum with pure geniuses plz do link to it!
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

HexHammer wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:49 am Ups typo, infraction = warnings. :mrgreen:
It couldn't be anything but a typo, because it could never be a truism.

Did I issue you with warnings? or the other guy..?
No, been on all boards and it would be miraculous if there was a forum filled with geniuses without asperger. No such thing would EVER happen.
Even on engineering and physics science sites it's not impressive with people's intellect, most have splendid memory, but exceedingly low rational to make sense of their findings. Even my personal 140 IQ buddies most also lack rationale, even a buddy of mine that have had the security responsibility of all danish national banking transactions I would NEVER have him work for me, because he lacks rationale and have fucked up majorly! ONLY 1 of my buddies has reasonable rationale which is the advisor of the Danish National Bank.

If there's miraculously would be a forum with pure geniuses plz do link to it!
My posting habits are not up for further scrutiny.. Private Lives n all that, as I've already mentioned.

Yeah, anyone can claim to be a genius online.. I'm more thinking of Political groups I post in rather than Philosophy ones.. the humorous banter to serious debate ratio is about 50/50, so high.
Last edited by MagsJ on Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

MagsJ wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:16 pmMy posting habits are not up for further scrutiny.. Private Lives n all that, as I've already mentioned.

Yeah, anyone can claim to be a genius online.
I already know your posting habits well, not did I ask about your posting habits, but merely about this magical enlightened philosophy forum.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

I slightly amended my previous reply.

So you know All about my posting habits, from what you remember of the past? Why not join us all in the present, and live from there/that point.

I bet you're a barrel of laughs in your circles.. :|