Hola from Sally

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

sally

Hola from Sally

Post by sally »

Hello

I'm Sally, born 1990, so 17 at time of writing and in my last year at school. I'm studying Philosophy, History, Maths and French, and I've done Economics too. I love philosophising, and I'm going to study Philosophy, Politics and Economics at university (hopefully), because I'm always trying to learn stuff that will help me to do the best things with my life, and I reckon these subjects are really important for that. Philosophy is my closet hobby. :lol:

Not cool, I know.

I love music, and music-making. I also love all that green, natural stuff. I love learning in general, but especially want to see more of the world and the people in it (i.e. I have the adoloescent travel bug). And I am interested in Buddhism, though I'm not a Buddhist.

I have no idea what I'll be doing 20 years from now, but if the past is anything to go by I'll certainly be very busy, probably trying to 'make a difference', hopefully for the better, possibly without much luck/ confidence. :D

C'est tout. Best wishes,

Sally
miss lewis

Post by miss lewis »

Sally,

Nice to see someone so young enjoying Philosophy. I hope you do study these subjects at university and isn't it exciting that you have all the years to discover life and it's secrets? Good Luck.
Psychonaut

Post by Psychonaut »

For anyone interested in Buddhism I can recommend the Tara Buddhist Centre in Derby. I spent a weekend there (cost me about £70), they are very nice and welcoming, and no you don't have to be a buddhist. They offer introductory courses on meditation and the philosophy of buddhism that last a weekend, and also longer retreats.
sally

Post by sally »

Ooh that looks great! Thanks a lot psychonaut!
sally

Post by sally »

Hello! Sorry for my recent negligency. I should be coming back soon.

For now, I would just like to say thanks you guys coz I got into Balliol to do PPE with a gap year in the bag too. I mean that thank you (though I'll admit I am also just showing off) because I have discussions on here that have made me love philosophy even more, and made me think "more properly" (!) about philosophical questions rather than just spitting out nice-sounding sentences. Cheers!

Sally
xxx
Richard Baron

Post by Richard Baron »

Sally, congratulations! That's brilliant. At Balliol you will follow in the footsteps of Benjamin Jowett, T H Green, Edward Caird, J L Austin, R M Hare, Bernard Williams and many others.
sally

Post by sally »

Yeah, and Borris Johnson! I can't go wrong can I?... :D
mhoraine

Post by mhoraine »

Hi Sally

I'd like to add my congrats - 'CONGRATS !!!'
With Best Wishes.

Love, M
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

Sally, that is wonderful. Very well done! Have a great gap year, too.
bullwinkle

Post by bullwinkle »

Sally,

Your quote from Bill Bailey is one of the best things on the forum.

Bullwinkle
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

Yes, I like that too. A friend said yesterday that he has a mouse in his office at work, so I offered him your Bill Bailey quote as a suggestion for how to spend a quiet ten minutes.