hey everyone! glad to be among the living :P

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

ungrateful wretch

hey everyone! glad to be among the living :P

Post by ungrateful wretch » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:20 pm

hi everyone, i am ungrateful wretch, i'm from Montreal Canada and i just found this website. i'm a college student going into music but i love to talk, listen and think. i cant say that i'm very intelligent or experienced at philosophy or life for that matter, but i love to talk and think deeply and i find it difficult to find people to do it with who actually listen haha. i doubt i'll be starting any topics myself but i like to think deeply and i'm glad to finally have found somewhere where i can be pleasantly intellectually challenged :)
thank you
ungrateful wretch

Nisus

Re: hey everyone! glad to be among the living :P

Post by Nisus » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:41 am

ungrateful wretch wrote:hi everyone, i am ungrateful wretch, i'm from Montreal Canada and i just found this website. i'm a college student going into music but i love to talk, listen and think. i cant say that i'm very intelligent or experienced at philosophy or life for that matter, but i love to talk and think deeply and i find it difficult to find people to do it with who actually listen haha. i doubt i'll be starting any topics myself but i like to think deeply and i'm glad to finally have found somewhere where i can be pleasantly intellectually challenged :)
thank you
ungrateful wretch
"Get comfortable", dude! :mrgreen:

Panos

Re: hey everyone! glad to be among the living :P

Post by Panos » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:06 am

Hi Ungrateful Wrench,
i doubt i'll be starting any topics myself
You don't need to write an essay or an accurate and complete report in order to start a topic. Some people, like myself, do tend to write a rather large amount of text but this is because we can't - I can't - resist to the ...irresistible keyboard. However, the more you describe a topic, the more you fence its discussion space. On the contrary, introducing what is in your head with one or two small paragraphs allows for a large open space for everyone to contribute with their opinions and ideas.

I'll say give it a try, if there is something you wish that it be discussed, and I will bear in mind to contibute myself.

Welcome to the forum,

Panos