Introduction

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

s. martin fritz

Introduction

Post by s. martin fritz »

My name is Martin Fritz. I am new to this forum, but not to the subjects discussed here.

I have recently published a book which describes a philosophical understanding I call Dual Morality. It proposes that all moral judgement, and in fact all social institutions and cultural arrangements, are based on satisfying two basic patterns of moral judgement within each of us. Through Dual Morality we easily explain both the atheist and the believer, the democrat and the republican, the belief that a woman should be a virgin on her wedding night, and the belief that such a thought is oppressive, the difference between thinking and feeling, love and like, and much more.

The book is titled: OUR HUMAN HERDS

I hope to learn more from all of you, and the ideas shared here.
Dalek Prime

Re: Introduction

Post by Dalek Prime »

s. martin fritz wrote:My name is Martin Fritz. I am new to this forum, but not to the subjects discussed here.

I have recently published a book which describes a philosophical understanding I call Dual Morality. It proposes that all moral judgement, and in fact all social institutions and cultural arrangements, are based on satisfying two basic patterns of moral judgement within each of us. Through Dual Morality we easily explain both the atheist and the believer, the democrat and the republican, the belief that a woman should be a virgin on her wedding night, and the belief that such a thought is oppressive, the difference between thinking and feeling, love and like, and much more.

The book is titled: OUR HUMAN HERDS

I hope to learn more from all of you, and the ideas shared here.
Tell us more about this theory. We'd like you to share too, that we might learn from you as well.
s. martin fritz

Re: Introduction

Post by s. martin fritz »

To Dalek Prime:

My position is that there is a dual nature in all of us, one is familial and personal, the other social. This duality leads to everything we understand as science, religion, corporations, anti-corporatism, the military, the welfare state, etc.

Your antinatalism reflects one aspect of our nature. However, there is another aspect which proposes that you have a duty to others, your life is not wholly your own and at your disposal. You have a function to perform while you are here, whether you like it or not.

This conflict between my whims and my duties, my preferences and my obligations defines human existence.

I do not take sides in the matter, my interest is merely in providing a clearer explanation for the societies we see around us and which have existed throughout history.