Canadian, with strange habits of speech. :wink:
SpheresOfBalance

Re: Intro, not for the weak of heart

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Dalek Prime wrote:
Bloke = Brit?
Dude = Yank?
Canadian, with strange habits of speech. :wink:
Awesome, a Canadian, that is another man of the world, or so your habits of speech might be said to portray! ;) But then with Canadians, it sort of figures that, that would be the case, if I'm so bold as to spout stereotypes. Hey in truth I'm fond of everyone, that doesn't fling their life's frustrations, in the name of hate, at any type of people that are merely different, so as to somehow qualify their own lives. Yes, I love the truly wise, capable of actually seeing the biggest picture of them all; the universal truth of mankind as a whole!
ncrbrts

Post by ncrbrts »

Antinatalist - yes! I wish I had not succumbed to the ticking of my biological clock and had a child in a world that I hate (this is not the weary statement of a petulant teenager, but a genuine conclusion after years of thought).

And now, filled with shame at fulfilling my selfish desire to procreate, I am filled with a further desire to abandon him and annihilate myself.

I think Huxley's utopian vision of hatching and conditioning children was spot on. People who are grown to love what they have to do become happy, fulfilled adults who don't ask questions and accept life for what it is.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

I think we can do without any more births, hatched or other. I've put some good reads up in the Book Club section, if you're interested. And I'm usually around if you have any questions, or random thoughts. :)
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

ncrbrts wrote:Antinatalist - yes! I wish I had not succumbed to the ticking of my biological clock and had a child in a world that I hate (this is not the weary statement of a petulant teenager, but a genuine conclusion after years of thought).
What do you hate about him?
And now, filled with shame at fulfilling my selfish desire to procreate, I am filled with a further desire to abandon him and annihilate myself.
Seems a bit of a pointless conjunction, why not try disjunction here instead.
I think Huxley's utopian vision of hatching and conditioning children was spot on. People who are grown to love what they have to do become happy, fulfilled adults who don't ask questions and accept life for what it is.
Then you would have been happy being a breeder?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dalek Prime wrote:I think we can do without any more births, hatched or other. ...
How does 'we' come into it here?
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Are you bored, Arising? Is that it?
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

Arising_uk wrote:
ncrbrts wrote:Antinatalist - yes! I wish I had not succumbed to the ticking of my biological clock and had a child in a world that I hate (this is not the weary statement of a petulant teenager, but a genuine conclusion after years of thought).
What do you hate about him?
I know a woman who is about 100 or so, who does not like her son. I asked her why one day and she really couldn't pin point the reason, except to say that when he was a teen, he would not get his sister a date with any of his friends. She told me one day, as an adult he called her on the phone and said, "Hi Mom, it's your son!" She said, "I don't have a son." He hung up and has never called back.

I think that hate is a form of punishment, and I have noticed in life that some people have the punishment instinct more than others...
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dalek Prime wrote:Are you bored, Arising? Is that it?
No, I wonder why you say 'we' in this matter? As the 'we' appear to disagree with you.
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

Dalek Prime wrote:I'm not a philosopher by by training or other. Actually, I find it all irrelevant. I'm just here because I wanted to give my view on the meaning of life contest, and ended up signing up here by accident... So much for meaning, yes? :/

While I am here, I may as well thrill everyone with the knowledge that I am a practicing antinatalist foremost, and a dystheist at a distant second, when I even consider religion at all. I refuse to breed to continue this useless march into the future of mankind, for someone else's utility ie. the state, the wealthy who control the state, or some warped demiurge that instigated the whole thing, to see how his puppets suffer whilst praising him.

Hey, I did warn you that you would be thrilled. Has my charm rubbed off? :shock:
No your charm hasn't rubbed off, Dalek, but if it was your way you'd never have experienced my charm! :P
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Arising_uk wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:Are you bored, Arising? Is that it?
No, I wonder why you say 'we' in this matter? As the 'we' appear to disagree with you.
I can use we in referring to the world, Arising, even if the world doesn't agree with me. Anything else?
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

artisticsolution wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:I'm not a philosopher by by training or other. Actually, I find it all irrelevant. I'm just here because I wanted to give my view on the meaning of life contest, and ended up signing up here by accident... So much for meaning, yes? :/

While I am here, I may as well thrill everyone with the knowledge that I am a practicing antinatalist foremost, and a dystheist at a distant second, when I even consider religion at all. I refuse to breed to continue this useless march into the future of mankind, for someone else's utility ie. the state, the wealthy who control the state, or some warped demiurge that instigated the whole thing, to see how his puppets suffer whilst praising him.

Hey, I did warn you that you would be thrilled. Has my charm rubbed off? :shock:
No your charm hasn't rubbed off, Dalek, but if it was your way you'd never have experienced my charm! :P
Tis true, Milady! *Doffs hat with a flourish and a bow* :wink:
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dalek Prime wrote:I can use we in referring to the world, Arising, even if the world doesn't agree with me.
Not in this context you can't.
Anything else?
Nope.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Arising_uk wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:I can use we in referring to the world, Arising, even if the world doesn't agree with me.
Not in this context you can't.
Anything else?
Nope.
I did anyways. Sue me.

Okay then.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dalek Prime wrote:I did anyways. Sue me. ...
No need, pointing out the incongruence is enough.