Nobody listens to me

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

kep

Nobody listens to me

Post by kep »

Hi,
I have a lot of new ideas about everything, how can I be heard?
Arising_uk

Re: Nobody listens to me

Post by Arising_uk »

Who do you want to be heard by?
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

kep

Post by kep »

Arising_uk wrote:Who do you want to be heard by?
intelligent people that appreciate the things I say
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

You have my attention. Say something.

Skip

Post by Skip »

I'm with Bill. (Wanna see the button?)
David Handeye

Post by David Handeye »

ok, I've got it! You are deaf-mute. Guessed?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

You could start up a blog. People are just ignored on here for the most part, unless they have a thread that opens with something like: 'What kind of underwear do you prefer?'
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

UnionLine is THE ONLY underwear I fart through.

Union made in America!

GREAT topic!

...can ya hear me?

Skip

Post by Skip »

Here's your button back.
kep

Post by kep »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

On consciousness: I think consciousness was evolved by our genes to allow us to learn behaviors that benefit them. Simpler animals only have instinct and don't change their behavior in their lifetime. We learn through experiences that are registered by the means of emotions and our decisions are made because of them. Artificial intelligence doesn't have consciousness because it was made by a higher intelligence (human) with the purpose to serve it.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

I REALLY appreciate and agree with what you are saying
here in this thread.

I, for myself, make a distinction between the human intellectual function and consciousness.

I like your insight.

Please continue to start threads and add your important insight to others.

WELCOME!

GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

kep wrote:
Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

On consciousness: I think consciousness was evolved by our genes to allow us to learn behaviors that benefit them. Simpler animals only have instinct and don't change their behavior in their lifetime. We learn through experiences that are registered by the means of emotions and our decisions are made because of them. Artificial intelligence doesn't have consciousness because it was made by a higher intelligence (human) with the purpose to serve it.
Sorry but this is quite boring and simplistic. It's also quite ignorant in many regards. Daniel C. Dennett made a book about this theory however the book implies the wrong thing. Consciousness is a qualia, evolution does not evolve qualia for qualia's sake. You cannot say with any scientific credibility that AI cannot ever become sentient. And sentience has nothing to do with whether or not something was created by humans. You also imply the reason AI have no consciousness because they are slaves. How simple-minded and lolworthy. As for animals, they have sentience, what I call consciousness, but not so big egos, not so many thoughts.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

kep wrote:... Artificial intelligence doesn't have consciousness because it was made by a higher intelligence (human) with the purpose to serve it.
What AI's?
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

Some people only listen to themselves, usually they have a psychological disorder categorised as NPD (which is a really sad disorder where by you self agrandise as a protection measure, and refuse to acknowledge anyone else, and you react violently and vehemently to any criticism often confabulating reasons they do to reinforce their own self worth, often just to protect themselves from their pathology), I would not worry about that too much. Most people or at least some, are morons who believe the universe revolves around them also. Look at some of the people on here, open only to their own opinion and proselytising it like they are the second coming. My advice is most people like that will live a very sad and self absorbed life, which is tragic but meh what can you do? They wont learn they can't learn and they think they are the all singing all dancing crap of the world. Ignore specks of shit like that, they will only ever convince themselves, self professed Jesus figures are 10 a penny, and cheap at half the price.

Post though and be merry for tomorrow we dine in hell. :)