Let me introduce myself

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

MagsJ

Let me introduce myself

Post by MagsJ »

Allow me to introduce myself... I'm MagsJ.

I have recently joined a philosophy club, but I have been active on an online philosophy site for many years.

I am a freelance Project-manager in Advertising, but I am currently studying Web build, Wordpress, HTML and Adobe so that I can become self-employed.

I am spiritual not religious, and do not adhere to any one philosophical leaning
Rilx

Re: Let me introduce myself

Post by Rilx »

Nice to see you here, MagsJ!
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

LOL!

..at last it comes to the place of the free
..no restrictions in speech you see!
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

MagsJ wrote:Allow me to introduce myself... I'm MagsJ.

I have recently joined a philosophy club, but I have been active on an online philosophy site for many years.

I am a freelance Project-manager in Advertising, but I am currently studying Web build, Wordpress, HTML and Adobe so that I can become self-employed.

I am spiritual not religious, and do not adhere to any one philosophical leaning
You won't be able to swing your moderator balls here!
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

welcome MagsJ, However you got here, I am sure if you like philosophy, you will enjoy our brand of madness. :)
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Well that was an odd thing to say? I don't believe she said she would?
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Blaggard wrote:welcome MagsJ, However you got here, I am sure if you like philosophy, you will enjoy our brand of madness. :)
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Not but she likes to do it elsewhere.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Blaggard wrote:welcome MagsJ, However you got here, I am sure if you like philosophy, you will enjoy our brand of madness. :)
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Not but she likes to do it elsewhere.

Sometimes it's good to have a "heads up" from someone who has already encountered a particular member on another forum. Still each member needs to form their own opinion, based on what is posted. Some users are capable of learning, and changing their manner, some are incapable of learning. They know it all already, which is to say, they know nothing.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

..so, MagsJ what brings you to these comers of the internet?
thedoc wrote:Sometimes it's good to have a "heads up" from someone who has already encountered a particular member on another forum. Still each member needs to form their own opinion, based on what is posted. Some users are capable of learning, and changing their manner, some are incapable of learning. They know it all already, which is to say, they know nothing.
So exactly where does this alleged "learning" find place, when everybody are glaringly ignorant?

99% of all posts in various philosophy forums are merely guesswork and jumping to conclusions, you can't learn from that. It's medieval superstition that has no value.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

HexHammer wrote:..so, MagsJ what brings you to these comers of the internet?
thedoc wrote:Sometimes it's good to have a "heads up" from someone who has already encountered a particular member on another forum. Still each member needs to form their own opinion, based on what is posted. Some users are capable of learning, and changing their manner, some are incapable of learning. They know it all already, which is to say, they know nothing.
So exactly where does this alleged "learning" find place, when everybody are glaringly ignorant?

99% of all posts in various philosophy forums are merely guesswork and jumping to conclusions, you can't learn from that. It's medieval superstition that has no value.
Well you seem to have "learned" something from participating on forums like this one, and you are stating what you have learned in your post.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

thedoc wrote:
HexHammer wrote:

Well you seem to have "learned" something from participating on forums like this one, and you are stating what you have learned in your post.
My good Doc, that's jumping to conclusions, the only thing I've learned is that people cozy chat, and doesn't do philosophy.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

HexHammer wrote:
thedoc wrote: Well you seem to have "learned" something from participating on forums like this one, and you are stating what you have learned in your post.
My good Doc, that's jumping to conclusions, the only thing I've learned is that people cozy chat, and doesn't do philosophy.

I don't think I'm jumping to conclusions, but even if you have learned something you didn't want to know, you have learned something.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

thedoc wrote:
HexHammer wrote:
thedoc wrote: Well you seem to have "learned" something from participating on forums like this one, and you are stating what you have learned in your post.
I don't think I'm jumping to conclusions, but even if you have learned something you didn't want to know, you have learned something.
..sigh! One always learn something, but the question is if it's relevant, and if that knowledge is what one wants in the first place.

You know, philosophy means "love of wisdom", I cam here looking for wisdom, but there's none to be found, therefore what I've learned isn't what I've been looking for, very simple.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

HexHammer wrote: You know, philosophy means "love of wisdom", I cam here looking for wisdom, but there's none to be found, therefore what I've learned isn't what I've been looking for, very simple.
But I notice that you've been here awhile hammering away at people, why?
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

thedoc wrote:
HexHammer wrote: You know, philosophy means "love of wisdom", I cam here looking for wisdom, but there's none to be found, therefore what I've learned isn't what I've been looking for, very simple.
To teach them, to make them understand what philosophy is.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

HexHammer wrote:
thedoc wrote:
To teach them, to make them understand what philosophy is.

Did it ever occur to you that different people might have a different understanding of Philosophy, other than your's?