Let me introduce myself

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Let me (re)-introduce myself..

Post by Walker »

MagsJ wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:52 am Please allow me to (re)-introduce myself..

https://youtu.be/GgnClrx8N2k
That is one of the best biking tunes they is, they is.

Full sprint for the duration. I probably couldn't do it anymore but if I tried, I'm confident that my head wouldn't spin around*, although I might need a bit of lip balm because of the wind.

* a touch of arthritis has been reaching from shoulder to neck. :|
Veganman

Re: Let me introduce myself

Post by Veganman »

Hi MagsJ, same here, spiritual but not religious. Interested mainly in the philosophy around animal rights and human rights. Married and living in the UK.
MagsJ

Re: Let me (re)-introduce myself..

Post by MagsJ »

Walker wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:10 pm
MagsJ wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:52 am Please allow me to (re)-introduce myself..

https://youtu.be/GgnClrx8N2k
That is one of the best biking tunes they is, they is.

Full sprint for the duration. I probably couldn't do it anymore but if I tried, I'm confident that my head wouldn't spin around*, although I might need a bit of lip balm because of the wind.

* a touch of arthritis has been reaching from shoulder to neck. :|
Nothing wrong with leisurely cycling.. I go for leisurely walks these days, with the odd fast-paced walks here and there, to help regain endurance lost.

I’ll play it during my weekend workout, and see ‘what gives’ ..always good to try a new workout soundtrack. 🎧

Sorry to hear about your health issue.. have you tried a Traumeel or CBD rub? they work a treat. 👌🏽
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

Veganman wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:59 pm Hi MagsJ, same here, spiritual but not religious. Interested mainly in the philosophy around animal rights and human rights. Married and living in the UK.
Hey Veganman! I am from a religious background, so will always have one foot in that arena.

I was vegetarian/vegan once.. 3yrs/1yr, respectively, from the age of 14 to 17. I do have vegetarian/vegan days.. with plenty of intermittent fasting thrown in, to keep keen and lean.

I am all for humaneness of Earth’s creatures/us too, and am not married but do live in the UK.
Angelo Cannata

Post by Angelo Cannata »

Hello, I am spiritual - not religious as well. Secular spirituality is the field where I have done research for many years. You can have a look at my profile if you are interested.
Veganman

Post by Veganman »

MagsJ wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:47 am
Veganman wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:59 pm Hi MagsJ, same here, spiritual but not religious. Interested mainly in the philosophy around animal rights and human rights. Married and living in the UK.
Hey Veganman! I am from a religious background, so will always have one foot in that arena.

I was vegetarian/vegan once.. 3yrs/1yr, respectively, from the age of 14 to 17. I do have vegetarian/vegan days.. with plenty of intermittent fasting thrown in, to keep keen and lean.

I am all for humaneness of Earth’s creatures/us too, and am not married but do live in the UK.
What made you stop being vegetarian/vegan? I'd be quite interested to know about your religious background as well. I'm an atheist but various religious beliefs interest me, as well spiritual ones that could be said to be non-religious. I have a great deal of interest in both psychology and psychiatry having worked in both fields for many years, hence my interest in beliefs.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

_
I’m ba’ack!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Asq4_7CpSCg I hope to be posting on here more.. now that my health and time, permits.

IMG_9703.jpeg
IMG_9703.jpeg (59.83 KiB) Viewed 3044 times
LuckyR

Post by LuckyR »

Greetings, just found this Forum. A veteran of the Philosophy Club Forum. Did some moderator work for them. Happy to check out a new venue.
cq3dx

Post by cq3dx »

I just joined the Philosophy Now forum. It's been a while since I've been a member of any forum. I've been told too many times things like, "You need to be with your own kind," "I hope you find your 'tribe'," and the like.

This evening, I was contemplating who or what my 'kind' would be. I feel as though I am a philosopher at my core. So, I decided to find a Philosophy forum in order to feel a little less isolated.