Hello from the United States.

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Systematic

Hello from the United States.

Post by Systematic »

I bet that most of you never expected to have an intellectually stimulating conversation with someone from the United States. I'm just joking; there have been plenty of immigrants. Joking again.

All jokes aside: I love the magazine. I come to the forum with a mighty need to solve all of society's major problems. I went on other philosophical and non-philosophical websites first, but I only found propaganda posing as free thought. "Get your propaganda here! We have all types! You are certain to find something that fits!" After they had fitted themselves with their favorite brand of propaganda, they rushed into vicious word-battles, saying with disdain, "In my propaganda is the completely logical proof that your propaganda is entirely untrue." I was hoping that I could avoid that problem by coming to this site. So that's why I'm here.
duszek

Re: Hello from the United States.

Post by duszek »

Hi !

You won´t regret.

There is no propaganda here, the worst outrage is deleted by our benevolent mods if they happen to be around.

Kick off with something that really bothers you and offer a solution that we can comment upon.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Systematic wrote:I bet that most of you never expected to have an intellectually stimulating conversation with someone from the United States. I'm just joking; there have been plenty of immigrants. Joking again.

All jokes aside: I love the magazine. I come to the forum with a mighty need to solve all of society's major problems. I went on other philosophical and non-philosophical websites first, but I only found propaganda posing as free thought. "Get your propaganda here! We have all types! You are certain to find something that fits!" After they had fitted themselves with their favorite brand of propaganda, they rushed into vicious word-battles, saying with disdain, "In my propaganda is the completely logical proof that your propaganda is entirely untrue." I was hoping that I could avoid that problem by coming to this site. So that's why I'm here.
I will let you know, I am the wisest one here. Though Carl Sagan perhaps has more zeal than I, I am most certainly wiser than he. (100% percent probability.)
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
I will let you know, I am the wisest one here. Though Carl Sagan perhaps has more zeal than I, I am most certainly wiser than he. (100% percent probability.)
At the moment Carl Sagan lacks a lot of zeal. Are you aware he has been dead for about 20 years?
Systematic

Post by Systematic »

Systematic wrote:I bet that most of you never expected to have an intellectually stimulating conversation with someone from the United States. I'm just joking; there have been plenty of immigrants. Joking again.

I hope that what you are saying is true, because if not, your arrogance is going to leave you without a chance to learn.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Ginkgo wrote:
At the moment Carl Sagan lacks a lot of zeal. Are you aware he has been dead for about 20 years?
Who I was thinking of was Christopher Langan. Simple triviality and mixed up name. Both of them have similar sounding voices and goals.
Systematic wrote: I hope that what you are saying is true, because if not, your arrogance is going to leave you without a chance to learn.
If you want true arrogance, you need a moderator for that. I do not try to hush and stomp out things I do not wish to comprehend. If I do not wish to comprehend them, I take a sip of tea. Then, I come back later, when I have more energy, and try to get the jist of them and see if it worthy of my time and energy.