A(nother) Follower Of Nietzsche

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Posts: 1547
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: A(nother) Follower Of Nietzsche

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Melchior wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:The teachings of Neitzchlep are old, and primitive. We've got a'something that is better. Somethin' that changes all the rules. Don't fret, don't worry, or your little head will explode! Soon, wheel show you what we've got...
He said lots of entertaining things, but overall I think he's a windbag.
Don't get me wrong, there is some truth to be found in him, but you have to suffer a lot of wind and reading imbetween the lines.
Arising_uk wrote:
Impenitent wrote:why bother a philologist with speeling and grammer?

-Imp
You leave my grammer out of this, what's she done to you?
It's not about what she's done to me now, but all the things she could do to me in the future.

Impenitent - Words to live by. Far too much time is spent on spelling. Dylsexic minds are often faster minds, and when one busies oneself with trivialities, one can forget the core goal.
But, all of my misspellings were intentional, because wheels are wheels.
User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12314
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: A(nother) Follower Of Nietzsche

Post by Arising_uk »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:...
Impenitent - Words to live by. Far too much time is spent on spelling. Dylsexic minds are often faster minds, and when one busies oneself with trivialities, one can forget the core goal.
You going to be finished with the trivialities any time soon?
But, all of my misspellings were intentional, because wheels are wheels.
Then you contradict yourself.
Wyman
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:21 pm

Re: A(nother) Follower Of Nietzsche

Post by Wyman »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
Melchior wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:The teachings of Neitzchlep are old, and primitive. We've got a'something that is better. Somethin' that changes all the rules. Don't fret, don't worry, or your little head will explode! Soon, wheel show you what we've got...
He said lots of entertaining things, but overall I think he's a windbag.
Don't get me wrong, there is some truth to be found in him, but you have to suffer a lot of wind and reading imbetween the lines.
Arising_uk wrote:
Impenitent wrote:why bother a philologist with speeling and grammer?

-Imp
You leave my grammer out of this, what's she done to you?
It's not about what she's done to me now, but all the things she could do to me in the future.

Impenitent - Words to live by. Far too much time is spent on spelling. Dylsexic minds are often faster minds, and when one busies oneself with trivialities, one can forget the core goal.
But, all of my misspellings were intentional, because wheels are wheels.
Has someone's cheese slipped off their cracker?
Melchior
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:20 pm

Re: A(nother) Follower Of Nietzsche

Post by Melchior »

uwot wrote:
Wyman wrote:Oh c'mon uwot, you can't write off a major philosopher as 'crude' with a trite ad hominem to those who like him.
Watch me.
Wyman wrote:At least not without demonstrating a better understanding of his ideas.

What are the consequences of the death of a teleological explanation of life vis a vis ethics? Since his response was 'crude,' what is the refined explanation?
Easy, Tiger. You're quite right, of course; I'd have to be a much better scholar of Nietzsche to write him off, but that's not what I have done. What I said was that his understanding of evolution was crude; the implication being that his concept of the ubermensch is crude. To be honest, I am such a poor scholar of Nietzsche that I don't know if this idea was prompted by Darwin or just some Platonic eugenic program. Either way it's crude and there are some people who fancy themselves as a step towards this trans-human state. I have never met a clever one.
Still, if you think Nietzsche had a sophisticated understanding of evolution, give me chapter and verse, and I will be pleased to be corrected.
Yes, Nietzsche's understanding of many things was crude. I can vouch for that, having translated several of his works into English.
uwot
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:21 am

Re: A(nother) Follower Of Nietzsche

Post by uwot »

Melchior wrote:Yes, Nietzsche's understanding of many things was crude. I can vouch for that, having translated several of his works into English.
Well, whaddya know? Must be true, then,
Melchior
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:20 pm

Re: A(nother) Follower Of Nietzsche

Post by Melchior »

uwot wrote:
Melchior wrote:Yes, Nietzsche's understanding of many things was crude. I can vouch for that, having translated several of his works into English.
Well, whaddya know? Must be true, then,
You can tell these things when you read the original German.
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Posts: 1547
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: A(nother) Follower Of Nietzsche

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Wyman wrote: Has someone's cheese slipped off their cracker?
Trixie eats her peanut butter crackers, not cheese.
Arising_uk wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:...
Impenitent - Words to live by. Far too much time is spent on spelling. Dylsexic minds are often faster minds, and when one busies oneself with trivialities, one can forget the core goal.
But, all of my misspellings were intentional, because wheels are wheels.
Then you contradict yourself.
No, because you only look at it in a smaller picture sort of way. It is not a rule to live by, one can fancy their words if they desire, but not at the price of forgetting vital information while fussing about the details.
Systematic
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:29 am

Re: A(nother) Follower Of Nietzsche

Post by Systematic »

Arising_uk wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:...
Impenitent - Words to live by. Far too much time is spent on spelling. Dylsexic minds are often faster minds, and when one busies oneself with trivialities, one can forget the core goal.
You going to be finished with the trivialities any time soon?
But, all of my misspellings were intentional, because wheels are wheels.
Then you contradict yourself.
I don't see how what Trixie was saying was untrue.
User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12314
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: A(nother) Follower Of Nietzsche

Post by Arising_uk »

Systematic wrote:I don't see how what Trixie was saying was untrue.
GWT wrote:Far too much time is spent on spelling. Dylsexic minds are often faster minds, and when one busies oneself with trivialities, ...
But, all of my misspellings were intentional, because wheels are wheels.
Now either they are trivialities or they are not. Since GWT says the misspellings were intentional then I assume GWT thinks them not trivial, so GWT is in contradiction.
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Posts: 1547
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: A(nother) Follower Of Nietzsche

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Arising_uk wrote:
Systematic wrote:I don't see how what Trixie was saying was untrue.
GWT wrote:Far too much time is spent on spelling. Dylsexic minds are often faster minds, and when one busies oneself with trivialities, ...
But, all of my misspellings were intentional, because wheels are wheels.
Now either they are trivialities or they are not. Since GWT says the misspellings were intentional then I assume GWT thinks them not trivial, so GWT is in contradiction.
Nope, you didn't quote the core part of the statement, which results in a flawed logical device.

The core part was "ideas are lost when fussing with typos, ideas are lost when fussing about someone else's typos" so if you don't really have a long post full of ideas, then you can busy yourself with fancying it up.
User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12314
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: A(nother) Follower Of Nietzsche

Post by Arising_uk »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Nope, you didn't quote the core part of the statement, which results in a flawed logical device.

The core part was "ideas are lost when fussing with typos, ideas are lost when fussing about someone else's typos" so if you don't really have a long post full of ideas, then you can busy yourself with fancying it up.
But you can waste time fancying it up with deliberate typos? Things that according to you should be ignored and not fussed about?
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Posts: 1547
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: A(nother) Follower Of Nietzsche

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Arising_uk wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Nope, you didn't quote the core part of the statement, which results in a flawed logical device.

The core part was "ideas are lost when fussing with typos, ideas are lost when fussing about someone else's typos" so if you don't really have a long post full of ideas, then you can busy yourself with fancying it up.
But you can waste time fancying it up with deliberate typos? Things that according to you should be ignored and not fussed about?
It was a 1 paragraph post. Fussing with it wasn't going to make me forget any of my ideas.
User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12314
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: A(nother) Follower Of Nietzsche

Post by Arising_uk »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:It was a 1 paragraph post. Fussing with it wasn't going to make me forget any of my ideas.
Not trying to?
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Posts: 1547
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: A(nother) Follower Of Nietzsche

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Arising_uk wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:It was a 1 paragraph post. Fussing with it wasn't going to make me forget any of my ideas.
Not trying to?
No, I meant me fussing with it, silly.
User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12314
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: A(nother) Follower Of Nietzsche

Post by Arising_uk »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:No, I meant me fussing with it, silly.
But you were fussed enough to mis-spell and if what you say is true what is the point as others may take the same view as you so the point of your mis-spelling will be lost?
Post Reply