salut !

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

azerty

salut !

Post by azerty »

Hi,

My name is Anthony, I have been living in the UK for nearly two years, and I discovered Philosophy Now just a few weeks ago. Great magazine, great website - just need to catch up with the previous issues and podcasts now :D

Quickly about me, I have been working in the book industry for a few years, first in Paris and now in London, but I originally graduated in philosophy and Chinese studies. I'm mostly interested by political and moral philosophy, and also by neurosciences the philosophy of the mind. My dissertation was about Ethics and political ideas in a school of Neo-Confucianism in 12th century China, and about how those ideas were rooted in a certain conception of the human mind, itself derived from a certain conception of the cosmos (basic realism then...). I'm more interested by buddhism though...

Last, as I love learning languages, I tried to launch a website for people interested by both foreign language learning and philosophy. The aim is to read and listen to philosophical texts which translations in English/French/Spanish/Chinese are displayed side by side. It's not great but feel free to visit www.languages-through-philosophy.net

Thanks for reading my bad English!
Blaggard

Re: salut !

Post by Blaggard »

Salut, velcommen and Skol, Welcome, and I wouldn't worry too much, I am English and also speak and write bad English. This is a mad house, if you like crazy and odd, you will enjoy no doubt. :)
willis4

Post by willis4 »

hi welcome to the forums i'm new too:)
willis4

Post by willis4 »

sorry i forgot the link you asked for its here [link removed - iMod]
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

azerty wrote:Hi,

My name is Anthony, I have been living in the UK for nearly two years, and I discovered Philosophy Now just a few weeks ago. Great magazine, great website - just need to catch up with the previous issues and podcasts now :D

Quickly about me, I have been working in the book industry for a few years, first in Paris and now in London, but I originally graduated in philosophy and Chinese studies. I'm mostly interested by political and moral philosophy, and also by neurosciences the philosophy of the mind. My dissertation was about Ethics and political ideas in a school of Neo-Confucianism in 12th century China, and about how those ideas were rooted in a certain conception of the human mind, itself derived from a certain conception of the cosmos (basic realism then...). I'm more interested by buddhism though...

Last, as I love learning languages, I tried to launch a website for people interested by both foreign language learning and philosophy. The aim is to read and listen to philosophical texts which translations in English/French/Spanish/Chinese are displayed side by side. It's not great but feel free to visit www.languages-through-philosophy.net

Thanks for reading my bad English!
Welcome to the forum! That's a pretty nice website you have there, and an original idea too. Do you mind if we link to it from the Philosophy Now main website?
azerty

Post by azerty »

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the welcome messages! And sorry, I was running out of data for two weeks lol.
RickLewis wrote:
Welcome to the forum! That's a pretty nice website you have there, and an original idea too. Do you mind if we link to it from the Philosophy Now main website?
Wow thanks for asking, that would be lovely indeed :) About the website, I will update it next week and all texts in all languages will come with the audio (synthesized voices).

Cheers!