Hello. Just joined tonight.

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

tonterias

Hello. Just joined tonight.

Post by tonterias »

Hello my name here is tonterias. Which for those who speak Spanish it means nonsense or bullshit. Not that I intend to spread any around here. I have chosen this name as I have come across quite a bit of it elsewhere, and haven't hesitated to use this to label it as such. It's also the same name I've used on other forums. My real name in the offline non-digital world is Jason Lee.
promethean75

Re: Hello. Just joined tonight.

Post by promethean75 »

"I have chosen this name as I have come across quite a bit of it elsewhere"

i see. wuz there something about that bullshit that wuz particularly spanish, or is that simply the language you've chosen for the word?

for example one time i got some stale tortilla chips at a mexican resturant and that wuz bullshit. but it wuz a special kind of bullshit - tonterias - characteristic of what only could happen at a mexican restaurant.

Also, puto over in another thread said he doesn't trust me anymore (I cracked a joke that got em ticked or something) and that too is a bunch of tonterias.
Walker

Post by Walker »

tonterias wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:42 am Hello my name here is tonterias. Which for those who speak Spanish it means nonsense or bullshit. Not that I intend to spread any around here.
Hello. Does this mean that you are a critic of specific philosophies and not a spreader of a specific philosophy?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Hola. Bienvenidos.

It's a crazy place here. What are your interests, Jason?
Clinton

Post by Clinton »

I've also noticed a whole lot of "bullshit." I've spent much time searching for places to have good discussions. The vast majority of them seem to be, sort of, maelstroms of chaos where you're never heard unless you scream loudest, so they devolve into places for nothing but poorly thought out venting into the hurricane of voices. I'm hoping this environment will be different.

I think discussions are important. I think they're probably the best, and probably the most common, means by which people change their worldviews. I wish there were more good discussion places out there.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Interesting word, "tonterias". I like nonsense but only up to a point and not because there's somethin' wrong with it, but because it's ... it's ... erm ... how's the weather where you're at? Here, in paradise, it's been rainin' every few days und tantalizingly close to misty-foggy, Achlyisian/Caligonian, just like in the other garden (not to be taken literally). Peace!