A friendly forum?

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

promethean75

Re: A friendly forum?

Post by promethean75 »

One of my old forum homeboys just joined I think with the name Self-Lightening. Dude's fixin to turn it up in here so y'all better get ready.

uh oh here'e comes...

https://youtu.be/SkeWjWKqHdo
Last edited by promethean75 on Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

promethean75 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:08 pm One of my old forum homeboys just joined I think with the name Self-Lightening. Dude's fixin to turn it up in here so y'all better get ready.

He be like...

https://youtu.be/SkeWjWKqHdo
...well, if he's anything like you other muppets from ILP he will probably be as deflating as a balloon that got introduced to spikey the thorny cactus from the planet sharp (if only :wink: ).
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"if he's anything like you other muppets from ILP"

If me, iambiguous, Agnus Manderson, Keter Propotkin and Self-Lightening (if it's who I think it is) were a band, we'd be this band, while you and yer PN guys would be this band.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

promethean75 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:19 pm "if he's anything like you other muppets from ILP"

If me, iambiguous, Agnus Manderson, Keter Propotkin and Self-Lightening (if it's who I think it is) were a band, we'd be this band, while you and yer PN guys would be this band.
That second one would never have an obnoxious base guitar in the mix. Ridiculous. Clearly a bogus bluegrass band.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

promethean75 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:19 pm "if he's anything like you other muppets from ILP"

:lol:

Definitely Walker and Henry Q are foot stompin' there - not sure who the other critters are.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"That second one would never have an obnoxious base guitar in the mix. Ridiculous. Clearly a bogus bluegrass band."

they actually kinda jam tho. some good vocal harmonies in there. but the make-shift bass instrument is appropriate and characteristic of the south eastern bluegrass culture, often an economically depressed and isolated people (or otters) who produced music with whatever wuz available. i played a snare drum and a washboard a few times with a bluegrass band in the Appalachians, mm-hm.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

promethean75 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:51 pm "That second one would never have an obnoxious base guitar in the mix. Ridiculous. Clearly a bogus bluegrass band."

they actually kinda jam tho. some good vocal harmonies in there. but the make-shift bass instrument is appropriate and characteristic of the south eastern bluegrass culture, often an economically depressed and isolated people (or otters) who produced music with whatever wuz available. i played a snare drum and a washboard a few times with a bluegrass band in the Appalachians, mm-hm.
Rubbish. The bass is completely unnecessary and ruins it. It's not authentic. Those people wouldn't have had electricity.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

First of all they're OTTERS, not people. And yes an otter bluegrass band incorporating a makeshift stringed instrument into their band is perfectly within reason.

But why am I listening to u about music? U listen to meatloaf for christ sakes.