Should I have a fourth jab?

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Maia

Re: Should I have a fourth jab?

Post by Maia »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:43 pm
Maia wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:26 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:24 pm
Takes longer than the video. Watch.
I'm blind.
Oh. Sorry. :oops:

Bell's palsy. Some people get bell's palsy from the jab.
Which only goes to prove that those who are too scared to have the jab are relying on the willingness of millions of others to take the very small risk of having it.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Maia wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:24 am Autumn is upon us and according to some, Covid is on the rise again, and we are being told we can book another jab.

I've had three already, my third last December. I certainly don't think I'm at any great risk from Covid myself, being relatively young and pretty healthy, but I do, however, work with the elderly and vulnerable. And while I don't subscribe to any of the more hysterical conspiracy theories, I'm also very reluctant to have chemicals injected into my body, simply as a matter of principle.
SImply for the fact that so many old people died last year, you should take the jab.
If I can assume that the side effects from the 3 jabs were minimal, you have every reason to expect the net jab to be harmless to you.

Though the jab will not stop you getting an infection, the infection is less likely to mature in your system to a point where you could easily infect those around you. You infectious period will be shorter and you will be less of a risk to others whilst at work.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:24 pm
Takes longer than the video. Watch.
I'm blind.

The video is not evidence that the jab causes Bell's Palsy.
People spontaneously get Bell's Palsy, and coincidences happen.
It can be caused by diabetes, and infections including COVID.
But most cases are idiopathic.

And the prognosis is good as the affliction is temporary in most all cases.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

How unusual, for old people to die :lol:

Back in August, 90% of the UK population had had at least one covid infection. Sounds as if the vaccine is REALLY good at stopping you from infecting others... Do people really expect to be able to run or hide away from it for the rest of their life? All they can do is have the vaccine THEMSELVES and hope that it reduces their own symptoms.
Interesting that there have been NO elderly speaking out and saying they don't want others to have it simply to allegedly 'protect' them. They seem to take it as their entitlement, that everyone is obliged to do everything possible to 'protect' them at any cost. It's nauseating. I stopped wearing a mask because I can't stand the stupid things and because no one could give a logical explanation for their purpose, and the number of evil, accusatory looks I got from beady-eyed old farts who seemed to think I was trying to 'murder them' was hilarious.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Maia wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:47 pm
I'm blind.

Which only goes to prove that those who are too scared to have the jab are relying on the willingness of millions of others to take the very small risk of having it.
The video is not evidence that the jab causes Bell's Palsy.
People spontaneously get Bell's Palsy, and coincidences happen.
It can be caused by diabetes, and infections including COVID.
But most cases are idiopathic, and temporary.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:50 pm
Maia wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:24 am Autumn is upon us and according to some, Covid is on the rise again, and we are being told we can book another jab.

I've had three already, my third last December. I certainly don't think I'm at any great risk from Covid myself, being relatively young and pretty healthy, but I do, however, work with the elderly and vulnerable. And while I don't subscribe to any of the more hysterical conspiracy theories, I'm also very reluctant to have chemicals injected into my body, simply as a matter of principle.
SImply for the fact that so many old people died last year, you should take the jab.
If I can assume that the side effects from the 3 jabs were minimal, you have every reason to expect the net jab to be harmless to you.

Though the jab will not stop you getting an infection, the infection is less likely to mature in your system to a point where you could easily infect those around you. You infectious period will be shorter and you will be less of a risk to others whilst at work.
After reading some of the comments here, I'm more inclined to do exactly that.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Maia wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:59 pm
Sculptor wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:50 pm

After reading some of the comments here, I'm more inclined to do exactly that.
Well done.
vegetariantaxidermy

That's not patronising. A pat on the head?

It's hardly surprising that the resident communist would be advocating for something as anti-individualistic as a forced vaccine, and who of course doesn't have ANY ulterior, self-serving motives :roll:
Either the bloody vaccine works or it doesn't.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

I'm blind.

Or that those who are so authority-dependent that they will take every "jab" any authority figure tells them to take, and will never make judgments for themselves about their own health, are sometimes paid for their choices by having Bell's palsy or heart attacks.

That's what it really tells us.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:28 pm

Or that those who are so authority-dependent that they will take every "jab" any authority figure tells them to take, and will never make judgments for themselves about their own health, are sometimes paid for their choices by having Bell's palsy or heart attacks.

Immanuel c u n t is a moron and so is Veggie.
vegetariantaxidermy

Sculptor wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:22 pm

Immanuel c u n t is a moron and so is Veggie.
Nothing alike. One goes with religion the other goes with facts. What an entitled arsehole you are, to demand that everyone get vaccinated because of your bad life choices. Go fuck yourself. It won't help you anyway. The only vaccination that is going to protect you is the one you get yourself (if it actually works).
Maia

Post by Maia »

On the contrary, I'm very conscious of my health, and I always form my own judgements.
vegetariantaxidermy

Maia wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:12 am

On the contrary, I'm very conscious of my health, and I always form my own judgements.
What does your health have to do with it? You said you were considering it to 'protect' the oldies you work with. You seem a tad confused.
Maia

Post by Maia »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:15 am

What does your health have to do with it? You said you were considering it to 'protect' the oldies you work with. You seem a tad confused.
Catching Covid is a health issue.
vegetariantaxidermy

Maia wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:19 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:15 am

Catching Covid is a health issue.
Your 'app for the blind' is clearly inadequate.