Should I have a fourth jab?

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

promethean75

Re: Should I have a fourth jab?

Post by promethean75 »

I'm a goddamn earth goddess then. Whadaya gonna do about it, veg?
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

The real question is, how many shots are you going to take before you realize you're duped?
Maia

Post by Maia »

Wizard22 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:41 am The real question is, how many shots are you going to take before you realize you're duped?
There is no doubt that the vaccination programme ended the pandemic.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Countless people have gotten 4 covid shots and still gotten covid, including Joe Biden.

Do you read the news?

Since these shots are not effective; the "pandemic" ended of its own accord and the vaccination response is a failure.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Wizard22 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:11 am Countless people have gotten 4 covid shots and still gotten covid, including Joe Biden.

Do you read the news?

Since these shots are not effective; the "pandemic" ended of its own accord and the vaccination response is a failure.
No one, except anti-vaxxers, is claiming that the vaccine is 100% effective. At his age, Joe Biden is lucky it wasn't much worse, which it might well have been, had he not been jabbed.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

So you admit the so-called vaccine is ineffective.

I'll restate my first question then...how many shots will you take before you realize you're duped?

5? 6? 10?
Maia

Post by Maia »

Wizard22 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:28 am So you admit the so-called vaccine is ineffective.

I'll restate my first question then...how many shots will you take before you realize you're duped?

5? 6? 10?
So you think that if something is not 100% effective, it must be 0% effective? Is this what passes for reasoned debate among conspiracy theorists?

The effectiveness of the different vaccines among different age groups varied from 60% to 90%, if I remember rightly. Which is why it's important for a large segment of the population to be vaccinated.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

That's not the way "vaccines" work.

You are vaccinated against Polio as an infant, and then you are immune for life.

Since you've dodged my question twice now, I'll just presume that you know as well as I, that these so-called vaccines don't work.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Wizard22 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:43 am That's not the way "vaccines" work.

You are vaccinated against Polio as an infant, and then you are immune for life.

Since you've dodged my question twice now, I'll just presume that you know as well as I, that these so-called vaccines don't work.
Incorrect. Vaccines like this, including the flu vaccine, reduce your chances of getting it, and if you get it, reduce your chances of getting it badly.

There, that's the third time I've answered you.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

That's propaganda, not science.

It's okay to admit that you don't know what a vaccine is, or what it's supposed to do.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Wizard22 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:47 am That's propaganda, not science.

It's okay to admit that you don't know what a vaccine is, or what it's supposed to do.
The proof is in the pudding, as they say. The pandemic ended earlier in the UK than it did in Europe. The UK had a much earlier vaccine rollout than Europe.
Maia

Post by Maia »

The definition of a vaccine is something that uses part or all of the original pathogen to stimulate an immune response. The definition says nothing about whether it's 100% effective.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/vaccine
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Maia wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:59 am The definition of a vaccine is something that uses part or all of the original pathogen to stimulate an immune response. The definition says nothing about whether it's 100% effective.

We were told to get vaccinated to 'protect the vulnerable'. How that works I have no idea. You have a vaccine to prevent YOURSELF from getting a disease. That's what vaccines are for.
Maia

Post by Maia »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:09 am
Maia wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:59 am The definition of a vaccine is something that uses part or all of the original pathogen to stimulate an immune response. The definition says nothing about whether it's 100% effective.

We were told to get vaccinated to 'protect the vulnerable'. How that works I have no idea. You have a vaccine to prevent YOURSELF from getting a disease. That's what vaccines are for.
If you reduce your own chances of getting it, you reduce the chances that you'll pass it on. Some things really are just obvious, to be honest.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Maia wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:12 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:09 am

If you reduce your own chances of getting it, you reduce the chances that you'll pass it on. Some things really are just obvious, to be honest.
But it doesn't stop anyone from getting it. They never even claimed that it did.