COVID-19 is NOT the geatest pandemic of our age

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Phil8659

COVID-19 is NOT the geatest pandemic of our age

Post by Phil8659 »

Many people are easily misled into believing that COVID-19 is the greatest Pandemic of our age. Stupidity is, enforced by media, government and educational systems.
COVID-19, on some occasions can kill the body, however, Governments, educational systems, corporations have been killing the minds of mankind for a long time, and now, we live at a time where mankind exhibits the lowest level of intelligence over a great span of time.
So much so, people are too stupid to even care.
uwot

Re: COVID-19 is NOT the geatest pandemic of our age

Post by uwot »

Phil8659 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:34 pm...and now, we live at a time where mankind exhibits the lowest level of intelligence over a great span of time.
So when was our peak?
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

uwot wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:46 pm
Phil8659 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:34 pm...and now, we live at a time where mankind exhibits the lowest level of intelligence over a great span of time.
So when was our peak?
Let me get this right. You can search the web and find the information yourself, but you are too lazy to do so? is that right?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

No one should have ever been forced to get the vaccine either. If it works, then all those supposedly 'vulnerable' people that we are all supposed to care so much about would be vaccinated anyway, so how are they being 'protected' by having everyone else forced to have it (or lose their job)? There is actually quite a large number of people who have died soon after having the vaccine--especially the booster.
Vaccines have never been to protect others--they are to protect YOURSELF. There's very little logic here. Either the vaccine works or it doesn't. Would I expect my neighbour to get a flu shot to protect ME? Of course not.
And what's with the 'dying WITH covid'? What's that supposed to mean? That someone who went to hospital mortally injured in a car accident and was routinely tested for covid (everyone is tested who is admitted to hospital) then tested positive, then that person goes into the stats as having 'died with covid'? That's exactly what it means. There's a huge difference between dying 'with' something and dying 'of' something. 'Diabetic gets beheaded in horrific work accident'. Does this mean he died of diabetes?
No wonder there are so many conspiracy nuts about this. It's all so nutty.
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:11 am No one should have ever been forced to get the vaccine either. If it works, then all those supposedly 'vulnerable' people that we are all supposed to care so much about would be vaccinated anyway, so how are they being 'protected' by having everyone else forced to have it (or lose their job)? There is actually quite a large number of people who have died soon after having the vaccine--especially the booster.
Vaccines have never been to protect others--they are to protect YOURSELF. There's very little logic here. Either the vaccine works or it doesn't. Would I expect my neighbour to get a flu shot to protect ME? Of course not.
And what's with the 'dying WITH covid'? What's that supposed to mean? That someone who went to hospital mortally injured in a car accident and was routinely tested for covid (everyone is tested who is admitted to hospital) then tested positive, then that person goes into the stats as having 'died with covid'? That's exactly what it means. There's a huge difference between dying 'with' something and dying 'of' something. 'Diabetic gets beheaded in horrific work accident'. Does this mean he died of diabetes?
Well, it is refreshing to find someone had done some homework. Thank you.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Phil8659 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:51 pm
So when was our peak?
Let me get this right. You can search the web and find the information yourself, but you are too lazy to do so? is that right?
No, that's a bs response. If you google IQ for example, you will find it is going up. So what you mean by intelligence is not exactly what intelligence tests measure. So Googling will not necessarily at all support your position, a position I happen to agree with. So don't be an ass, and tell him what you think the period of higher intelligence was and why.
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:22 am
uwot wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:46 pm So when was our peak?
No, that's a bs response. If you google IQ for example, you will find it is going up. So what you mean by intelligence is not exactly what intelligence tests measure. So Googling will not necessarily at all support your position, a position I happen to agree with. So don't be an ass, and tell him what you think the period of higher intelligence was and why.
https://www.fourmilab.ch/documents/IQ/1950-2050/

Really, cannot even search the internet?

Now, we can get conflicting answers, of course, but then I have to counter. Compare the writings of those in the 18th century, and of educated children with the writing of the same today. You can also get the entire texts of people, freely downloadable
https://oll.libertyfund.org/
Compare the actually writing. I actually download much of their library some years ago.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:11 am Vaccines have never been to protect others--they are to protect YOURSELF. There's very little logic here.
That’s the reason to use any kind of prophylactic. It’s to prevent something undesirable from happening to yourself, such as a disease or something else that might be unwanted. It's not to prevent someone else from getting something that they don't want.

The question is, why should someone else be required to pay reparations because you didn’t protect yourself with a prophylactic?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:11 am No one should have ever been forced to get the vaccine either. If it works, then all those supposedly 'vulnerable' people that we are all supposed to care so much about would be vaccinated anyway, so how are they being 'protected' by having everyone else forced to have it (or lose their job)? There is actually quite a large number of people who have died soon after having the vaccine--especially the booster.
I agree that there have been policies and statements that have been stupid and unreasonable. As far as everyone getting vaccinated, I remember something about getting as many people as possible vaccinated in order to achieve "herd immunity". I have no idea how that works or why but the indication seemed to be that vaccines only work to eliminate a disease when enough people are vaccinated to keep it away from the vulnerable (or something like that). I've been vaccinated and had the booster. So far so good. I haven't experienced any side effects that I know of. But, yes. It should be up to individuals whether or not they want to get vaccinated. However, there are also outlets like Fox News that prey on paranoia and distrust in order to gain power over people. So they tell people not to get the vaccine and the CDC tries to get people to cooperate and Fox News just keeps getting people not to. That's how I understand it. I don't think there is much in the way of nefarious intent by the powers that be to do harm in the world over the COVID issue. But, maybe I'm wrong. I'll have to leave it up to the gurus to tell us on that.
Walker

Post by Walker »

"You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."
- Rahm Emanuel

The constitution provides a system of checks and balances to prevent any joker who’s a self-proclaimed social engineer from acting on behalf of special interests rather than We The People, which is something that the joker Rahm, and those of his ilk, thought they couldn’t do before, under normal, non-crisis situations.

It’s Leftist tactics 101. How to Corrupt with a crisis.

That's your nefarious intent right there in plain sight, not even hiding, not even disguising.

So, they amped up the crisis with other stuff before the election with riots and burning police stations and occupying downtown Seattle, BLM and such as anyone with a memory can recall, and blamed all the chaos on Trump. Not to mention rigging the election during all the distractions, and illegally ignoring, and violating, election laws and rules and procedures because of Covid.

Post by Age »

So when was our peak?
Are you too lazy to just say 'when', or, you do NOT say 'when' because you KNOW if you do, you WILL BE PROVED Wrong?

After all it is MUCH SIMPLER and EASIER for you to just say 'when', then it is for ANY one to "search the web". But then maybe you might not have absolutely ANY idea AT ALL of 'when' was human beings, supposed, 'peak'. We will just have to WAIT, to SEE.

So far you are SHOWING you have absolutely NO idea AT ALL.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Good Lord. Could this be true?

Has anyone read this book to confirm or deny this. Better yet, has anyone lived through Covid who was paying attention?

Was this the actual intent of these people who were spitballing and isolating the population and shutting down the economy?

Or, was there no intent and it just happened … like a tornado blowing through a junkyard and assembling a 767 may have just randomly happened, although admittedly, the aeroplane example would require a little help from a lot of time.

Or, was there no intent and it just randomly happened, like Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi’s soused spouse turning the couple’s net worth into many million$ over the years by randomly investing in companies that, as luck would have it, would be directly affected by upcoming federal legislation.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Son of a gun. Pelosi just got caught with her hand in the cookie jar.

:lol:
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Walker wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:01 pm Image
Good Lord. Could this be true?

Has anyone read this book to confirm or deny this. Better yet, has anyone lived through Covid who was paying attention?

Was this the actual intent of these people who were spitballing and isolating the population and shutting down the economy?

Or, was there no intent and it just happened … like a tornado blowing through a junkyard and assembling a 767 may have just randomly happened, although admittedly, the aeroplane example would require a little help from a lot of time.

Or, was there no intent and it just randomly happened, like Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi’s soused spouse turning the couple’s net worth into many million$ over the years by randomly investing in companies that, as luck would have it, would be directly affected by upcoming federal legislation.
You believe anything as long it's ridiculous. How does one 'neutralise' a population? What does that even mean?
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:50 pm
You believe anything as long it's ridiculous. How does one 'neutralise' a population? What does that even mean?
Not true. For instance, it's ridiculous to think that Brandon had nothing to do with the family business, as he claims. It's also ridiculous to think that Brandon received 81 million votes. I think he's the driving force of the family corruption, and I don't think he got that many votes. It's ridiculous to think he did.

The ridiculous list of what's wrong, is long. Jan. 6 "hearings," for instance. Ridiculous. Subverting the rule of law with the proceedings.

Quarantine and isolate the population to neutralize the spread of the virus. Science has since conceded that everyone is going to get the Covid anyway, so to save face, Dr. Science says that the sickness itself is lessened by the gene therapy.

You do know that to disagree with Fauci is to disagree with Science. So he says.

(I've heard I'm incomprehensible, so speak up if you don't understand.)