Is being 'anti vax' a form of suicide?

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: Is being 'anti vax' a form of suicide?

Post by Gary Childress »

OH!!! And I expect God to be (at the very least) "man enough" to take it if someone is angry at him for the shit we mere mortals have to put up with in this world.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Of course anti-vaxxers are also religious nuts. They are brought up believing in shit instead of facts, so believing in shit is how they feel comfortable and secure. It's all they know.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:13 am Of course anti-vaxxers are also religious nuts. They are brought up believing in shit instead of facts, so believing in shit is how they feel comfortable and secure. It's all they know.
Yeah, they believe God will spare them from suffering. Nothing could be further from the truth.
vegetariantaxidermy

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:58 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:13 am Of course anti-vaxxers are also religious nuts. They are brought up believing in shit instead of facts, so believing in shit is how they feel comfortable and secure. It's all they know.
Yeah, they believe God will spare them from suffering. Nothing could be further from the truth.
I don't think that's the case. They believe that suffering is good for the soul and gets them closer to jebus. Sick bastards.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:18 am
I don't think that's the case. They believe that suffering is good for the soul and gets them closer to jebus. Sick bastards.
Well, you have a good point there.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:20 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:18 am

Well, you have a good point there.
God loves the poor and miserable. Or to put it more precisely, God loves us to be poor and miserable. Great guy that God person is.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

In the end, though, it is absurd for the poor to posit a God in order to seek revenge on the rich. Or perhaps it is the rich who posit God as a rouse to make the poor and miserable think that suffering and misery will pay off in the afterlife. "Sick bastards"? I think "suckers" would be a more apt title, should that be the case.
Walker

Post by Walker »

According to the dictionary, you two clowns are bigots, and the focus of your bigotry is religious folks.

How's it feel to be a bigot?

"Full Definition of bigot
: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices
especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance"
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:12 am
Walker wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:06 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:19 am Of course, dying of starvation when global climate change finally makes most species extinct is going to be fun for the rest of us too. I feel so "blessed"!
Warm weather means more crops, more food.

Perhaps God is holding off the next Ice Age, which is overdue.

And, just for you. How blessed you are.
It means more fires, less water, more extreme weather... Nono of which is particularly good for crops. Kristians are just plain evil.
Bigots are just plain evil.

You’re fogging the issue.
The issue is not if the climate changes. Duh.
The issue is the assumption that human activity is altering the climate.

Predicting long-distance future climate, and the effects of future climate, is like a rifle shot through time.

That is, target distance in years magnifies the miss caused by the slightest tweak in the aim, and like anything involving folks, there’s plenty of tweaking going on.

Plus, the target is so far away it’s invisible, so who knows where that shot might land. Quite irresponsible to be taking shots at an unidentified target. It’s kind of like Biden’s advice to shoot a shotgun through a closed door because you assume what is on the other side, that you can’t see.

What it boils down to is that some Poindexter making predictions of the future with a computer is an illegitimate reason to ineffectively ignore free gifts of high energy from nature, or from God if you prefer. Petroleum, uranium, and hydroelectric, without which life as we know it will end unless another way can be found to keep the giant turbines turning.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

That was ages ago so it would have been the first variant.

yes, an earlier, more virulent version (not the more contagious, more mild, omicron)

I didn't die...wasn't more than moderately discomforted, in fact

beer virus is a cold and you're a sucker for thinkin' otherwise
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:26 pm That was ages ago so it would have been the first variant.

yes, an earlier, more virulent version (not the more contagious, more mild, omicron)

I didn't die...wasn't more than moderately discomforted, in fact

beer virus is a cold and you're a sucker for thinkin' otherwise
I'm intelligent enough to say I don't know everything there is to know about it, and to know that the unvaccinated fuckturds are the ones filling up hospital beds, and that the only reason we are having our 'freedoms' encroached on is because of those fuckturd pests like you. This country is a good one to measure severity of illness in the unvaccinated because it has such a high vaccination rate, so it's easy to assess the people in hospital with it because there are relatively so few of them. Although they are small in number, by far the larger percentage of them are unvaccinated. That's called science. When you have a 94 pecent full vaccination rate with 70 percent of those in hospital being unvaccinated, then even an idiot should be able to work out THAT maths.
It's also the unvaccinated fuckturds who are allowing the virus to mutate. You should be pleased that this variant is allegedly 'milder', but there are multiple reasons why it seems that way. It's actually more dangerous to children than the first one and they are the ones who matter, not some science-denying old fuckturds who think it's a political game.
Are unvaccinated fuckturds also the ones who made the supermarket look as if a swarm of locusts had been through it before I went there last night?
Fucking morons stocking up on their fucking toilet etc.

Oh yes, and the very small number of unvaccinated fuckturds here are religious nuts. Apparently we all have to be inconvenienced to 'protect' them and prevent them from overwhelming the hospitals. A golden opportunity lost...
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

I'm intelligent enough to say I don't know everything there is to know about it,

and I'm intelligent enough to know beer virus is a cold, the jab isn't vaccine, and you're a dupe

the unvaccinated fuckturds are the ones filling up hospital beds

that's what you've been told by your reputable sources
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:08 pm I'm intelligent enough to say I don't know everything there is to know about it,

and I'm intelligent enough to know beer virus is a cold, the jab isn't vaccine, and you're a dupe

the unvaccinated fuckturds are the ones filling up hospital beds

that's what you've been told by your reputable sources
You clearly don't understand the difference between an opinion and a fact. Unsurprising.
You have taken your political viewpoint and based all of your 'conclusions' around that. How very 'scientific' of you :lol:
Oh, that's right, you don't like 'science' because you 'just know' stuff :lol:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

My Dad (a bigoted old fart with a really really bad attitude) refuses to get vaccinated. His reason - I am not a sheep going along with herd mentality!!

For the past 10 years he has a PC and just watches utube pretty much most of the day - Rugby, boxing, Trump stuff...and obviously the utube algorithm has picked him as a dumb **** and is feeding him more anti-vax tripe from people that normally would not have a place on a TV to spout their crap.

Just before I hung up on him after pointing out that he will not be able to see Mum if she goes in to care, I pointed out that had utube existed in the 1900s where any muppet could spout crap at him for click-bait (ad revenue), he would also have been exactly the same idiot he is now when it comes to Measles, Rubella, Smallpox etc..

Oh, how intelligent EVERYONE is now that we have information from EVERYONE at our fingertips.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

You clearly don't understand the difference between an opinion and a fact. Unsurprising.

sure I do: everything you've offered in this thread, for example, is opinion (and not even your own, but what's been fed you)

you're a 🦜 croakin' out the lines you've been taught

and you didn't even get a cracker

'nuff said