Is being 'anti vax' a form of suicide?

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: Is being 'anti vax' a form of suicide?

Post by Sculptor »

RCSaunders wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:05 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:15 am :lol: :lol: :lol:
How come Covid is considered a pandemic, but flu is not?

You like statistics. Let's take New Zealand for example.

Total deaths so far from Covid (about two years) are 52.
[According to the New Zealand Ministry of Health]

Deaths in a single year from flu for the years:
2015 60
2016 50
2017 121
2018 73
[From an Official Information request to Ministry of Health]

Total deaths for the two years 2017 and 18 were 194. Almost four times the number of deaths from Covid. Why wasn't flu considered a pandemic?

Duh.
I think it might be a pandemic because 124 countries have had more than a thousand deaths each totalling 5.6 million so far.
And only 12 countries out of 255 have had no deaths at all reported.
And New Zealand is one of the few countries that has taken quarenteen seriously.

Perhaps, when you are having difficulty with a word you can always look it the fuck up...
PANDEMIC
: occurring over a wide geographic area (such as multiple countries or continents) and typically affecting a significant proportion of the population
pandemic malaria
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

If you loved that album, you need to be sure whether or not this is because Todd Rundgren produced it. And the only way to do that is to hear what Todd can do without having to mess with the meatloaf guy.

https://youtu.be/CO0aqSBTVJk
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:46 pm If you loved that album, you need to be sure whether or not this is because Todd Rundgren produced it. And the only way to do that is to hear what Todd can do without having to mess with the meatloaf guy.

https://youtu.be/CO0aqSBTVJk
It's horrible. Meat loaf was Meat loaf.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:06 pm

2015 60
2016 50
2017 121
2018 73

Total deaths for the two years 2017 and 18 were 194. Almost four times the number of deaths from Covid. Why wasn't flu considered a pandemic?
Glad you agree that the NZ govts. measures to contain the virus have worked so far.
Your stupidity is too overwhelming to deal with. Are you really incapable of thinking critically for yourself? Ask yourself the question and then sit down and think about the answer for a bit. Get those neurons working.
I haven't said anything or made any claims. I only asked a question. I have no idea why that should upset you. It just seems if flu kills more people then Covid, flu is worse than Covid. Your answer is, "the government fixed it?" Wow!
vegetariantaxidermy

RCSaunders wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:03 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:06 pm

2015 60
2016 50
2017 121
2018 73

Glad you agree that the NZ govts. measures to contain the virus have worked so far.
Your stupidity is too overwhelming to deal with. Are you really incapable of thinking critically for yourself? Ask yourself the question and then sit down and think about the answer for a bit. Get those neurons working.
I haven't said anything or made any claims. I only asked a question. I have no idea why that should upset you. It just seems if flu kills more people then Covid, flu is worse than Covid. Your answer is, "the government fixed it?" Wow!
I'm just asking you to think, and yes, I do get irritated by lazy fuckwits who can't think. Why ask me? Think for your fucking self!
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:42 pm

2015 60
2016 50
2017 121
2018 73

Duh.
I think it might be a pandemic because 124 countries have had more than a thousand deaths each totalling 5.6 million so far.
And New Zealand is one of the few countries that has taken quarenteen seriously.

Perhaps, when you are having difficulty with a word you can always look it the fuck up...
PANDEMIC
: occurring over a wide geographic area (such as multiple countries or continents) and typically affecting a significant proportion of the population
pandemic malaria
I'm only asking questions. Don't get you panties in a wad. I'm not making any argument or taking any position. What's your problem?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

RCSaunders wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:24 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:42 pm

2015 60
2016 50
2017 121
2018 73

Duh.

PANDEMIC
pandemic malaria
I'm only asking questions. Don't get you panties in a wad. I'm not making any argument or taking any position. What's your problem?
You are only asking stupid question.
Think about it!
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"Meat loaf was Meat loaf."

Don't you wish. Without Todd's technical knowledge, editing skills and general studio experience, this is what that band would have ended up being:
meatloaf-resize-4.jpg
meatloaf-resize-4.jpg (38.76 KiB) Viewed 3943 times
Listen, I know you love meatloaf, and I empathize with that love of music. But I will not bear false witness to the truth of that band.

I would do anything for love, VT... but I won't do that.
vegetariantaxidermy

promethean75 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:49 am "Meat loaf was Meat loaf."

Don't you wish. Without Todd's technical knowledge, editing skills and general studio experience, this is what that band would have ended up being:

meatloaf-resize-4.jpg

Listen, I know you love meatloaf, and I empathize with that love of music. But I will not bear false witness to the truth of that band.

I would do anything for love, VT... but I won't do that.
For crying out loud...
vegetariantaxidermy

Anyone who can say that covid is 'just a little cold' is clearly having a psychotic episode (that doesn't end).

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimated that in the US there were 1.8 deaths from flu per 100 000 population between 1999 and 2019. The estimated death rate from covid was 217.54 per 100 000 in the US and 206.73 per 100 000 in the UK.

The global figure for the covid-19 death rate is estimated at 279 per 100 000 population.

In the UK the Health Foundation has articulated the difference in impact between flu and covid in terms of life years. “In a bad flu year on average around 30 000 people in the UK die from flu and pneumonia, with a loss of around 250 000 life years. This is a sixth of the life years lost to covid-19,” it noted.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:48 am Anyone ...
Just out of curiosity:

Many people refuse to eat what are called GMO (i.e. genetically modified) foods. What I would like to know is how many of those same people who shun GMO foods, run right out to have genetically modified (covid vaccines) injected into their bodies? This seems like a contradiction to me. If GMO is fine for vaccines, how can it be bad for food, or vice versa?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

RCSaunders wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:53 pm Just out of curiosity:

Many people refuse to eat what are called GMO (i.e. genetically modified) foods. What I would like to know is how many of those same people who shun GMO foods, run right out to have genetically modified (covid vaccines) injected into their bodies? This seems like a contradiction to me. If GMO is fine for vaccines, how can it be bad for food, or vice versa?
What a peculiar statement - I modified it slightly, not sure if it helps explain Y i find your statement peculiar:-

Many people DON'T refuse to eat what are called GMO (i.e. genetically modified) foods. What I would like to know is how many of those same people who eat GMO foods, run right out to have genetically modified (covid vaccines) injected into their bodies?

RCSaunders wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:53 pmThis seems like a contradiction to me. If GMO is fine for vaccines, how can it be bad for food, or vice versa?
I think the comparing apples to oranges analogy may help..

btw. We have been genetically modifying our food base for aeons - grasses, domesticated animals, bananas..the list can go on. The fact that now it is done far more precisely and immediate maybe the concern for some.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:22 am

What a peculiar statement ...
Is English your first language? I didn't make a statement. I asked a question.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

RCSaunders wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:53 pm
attofishpi wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:22 am

What a peculiar statement ...
Is English your first language?
I just spoke to my Father, over the telephone. He said that the words sounded like - gagagoo, goo, ga, ga, goo goo...etc.
I need to do more research for you but perhaps siSwati?

RCSaunders wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:53 pmI didn't make a statement. I asked a question.
You made both pusscy cat. The combination of which I found, rather........peculiar.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Even if vaccines were perfectly safe and there was no conspiracy to sterilize or weaken or kill off or mind control or satellite track or alter human DNA, there would still be suspicions because of the way governments are structured as entities above and in control of the citizens that are governed. And why is that... why aren't the citizens governing themselves in and with a more vertical, more democratic government system? You guessed it; capitalism demands that the exploited working class never has any governing power over itself or society, since that would challenge private business and the private ownership of the means of production.

So the government has basically three main functions here. Collect taxes to pay for shit needed that capitalists won't produce/provide, to pay for the basic necessities of the unemployable lumpenproletariat (welfare systems), and to produce and manage a military to be poised to fight and/or defend against other capitalist countries doing the same shit.

Anywho, the irony here is another good'n. This whole mess with the vaccines and mandates and masks and everything else is a direct product of the kind of sociopolitical environment desired and defended by the very people who complain the most loudly about it. How do you like that? Ain't that some of the most retarded shit you ever seen?

Now if you had a government of the peeps run by the peeps, who would be the conspirator, the deep state, to be eternally suspicious about?

Why would the peeps want to kill themselves off with a vaccine? Shit don't even make no sense.